Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? (35685 Views)

My Husband Pushed Me Into Extra Marital Affairs Which Resulted In Pregnancy… / Thirteen Years Of Friendship Resulted Into Marriage, See Pre-wedding Pictures / Ever Called The Wrong Name During $** ? Here’s What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by banmee(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2021
Yeah sure. I accidentally called one my creditors who I owed money to and who had lost my contact details. Now our relationship is very complicated.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by gstream: 12:42am On Apr 12, 2021
So that lady eventually became your Ex?, the airtime you sent to that other lady was probably a pointer that you should have dated and wifed her......las las 15k and affections .....don jona
lkillbrokehoes:
No way, I don't do online relationship, although I once mistakingly sent 15k Airtime to a lady back then, I didn't know the number I typed wasn't correct. when I called my ex to confirm she told me she didn't see anything,

I had to cross check the number again, to confirm if I dialed the right number, before I realized that the number wasn't that of my ex. I actually dailed 8 instead of 9, the mistake I made.

before I could call the person; lo and behold the person was already calling me, when I picked the call, i heared the most coolest voice ever; it was actually a girl, perhaps. she should be in her early 20's. she told me that she saw an alert on her phone and she wanted to transfer the airtime back to my line,

actually I never knew some people can be so genuine. when she transferred the airtime back to my line, she still called me to confirm if I've seen an alert. I thanked her and told her that I'm grateful.

if it was someone else, I wouldn't get that airtime back, I still called her and thanked her again for being real. I would have dated her if I was single back then, and also another disadvantage was that she was very far away from me, this actually happened like 8 years ago.

grin
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by abimic(m): 12:56am On Apr 12, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:
I can't fall in love with anyone over the phone
Na small children pattern be that
If you see what lovers do for themselves selflessly, and how some even behave when in love, no be small children pattern too!? tongue... By the way, make I show make we organize birthday party. Happy bithhday, wishing you long life and prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by 18wheeler: 1:01am On Apr 12, 2021
gbemishile:

the person probably must have missed a digit or something l.
u do get calls from people who are Yoruba too
The once I had was a Yoruba too. Got talking, she was older than me. I was in Zamfara she was in Lagos. She wanted to visit, I was playing along. She realized I wasn't serious and insulted the hell out of me one Friday evening and severed all contact. I laffed and move on. It was a funny experience, atleast for me. The years of exuberance.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by abimic(m): 1:02am On Apr 12, 2021
Na so one strange girl call me first, I pick, talk, told her wrong number, she called again, the voice was so calm and soft, told her wrong number again. Though, For over some years now, I hardly pick strange numbers, except on my official line. If you hide number, call me with a strange number except I was expecting your call, na long thing biko because I would never pick that call.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by KingAlabi: 1:10am On Apr 12, 2021
Nezzjnr:

How na grin
Thread topic na cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by daniel7328(m): 1:19am On Apr 12, 2021
jaxxy:

Yes, an interesting one. I wanted to call a gal I was catching up with I can’t even remember her bt I mixed up the last 2 digits and a gal with an amazing voice picked up and we got talking, I discovered it wasn’t the right person and I told her i was trying to call a frnd and probably made a mistake and I wud check the no bt still like to give her a call back. I did shortly afterwards and we clicked conversation wise. She was in a private uni out lag and won’t let me rest, calls all day and nite. I had to do nite calls so she won’t distract me at work. She was from a rich family so she wasn’t a financial bother to me though I was working on my 1st job. She introduced me to her roommate also from similar backgrounds and we all became friends till date. Even though I didn’t take her seriously I had too many gals on my hands and she wasn’t exactly my spec in person. She asked me to be honest with her and I told her she’s not exactly my spec, she cried and felt like a horrible person for that. She travelled out of the country by kept calling me. I just wasn’t a good liar then. Her roommate also travels alot is closer to me than she is now. That’s a different story. Bt they are amazing gals.

You can share me her number so i can become friend with her
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2021
LordOfTheGame:
What I'm going to write here may sound unbelievable or lies but believe me it happened to me. Sometimes around 2009, I had a dream and in that dream, a number was given to me and I was told something like the number can change my life for good, I can't remember all I was told in that dream and all the digits now but the last 4 digits were 5555 and then I woke up, wrote it down and how the dream came about in my mind as I found myself in my secondary school compound singing very seriously a song I can't remember again now.
When the day fully broke, I dialed the number and one Hausa girl picked up the call. I explained to her about my dream and told her that I'm not a bad guy and am not going to hurt her. She believed me and that was how we became friends and she told me almost everything about her family and one thing I found out was that she has a very beautiful heart and we fell in love. She was from Pankshin in jos, plateau state and her father is a retired military officer who worked with obasanjo as a close aid. I told her many things about me too including my struggle to finance my part-time studies then and she was so encouraging to me. She also told that she knew so many Igbo people doing businesses in her place and she worked for one as a sales girl and that so many of my Igbo brothers are into schooling and business combined. We fell in love seriously or genuinely and agreed that we're going to meet so, I suggested that we meet in a neutral place of her choice since we're both coming from very far distance separately and to give her some level of confidence to trust me. That was how we concluded but along the line, I lost my phone and lost her contact. But she had given me her Facebook account then so I contacted her again but that was after some months of being offline so she found it a bit difficult to believe my story and the thing started fading off gradually till when she told me about her wedding and I wished her well and moved on. She was a very beautiful girl with a lovely soul, she sent me many of photos and that of her family's. I missed her so much but life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 12, 2021
What's wrong with op now, u make me remember Cynthia from Madonna University, so many year ago, though not accidental call, a friend gave me her number, soft and tender voice.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by xiaji: 1:52am On Apr 12, 2021
I did many years ago. Myself and the babe had the same birthday.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by blank(f): 2:54am On Apr 12, 2021
I remember one that almost happened. When I was in first year of uni, I got a text from someone who was based in Ghana. I responded that he had the wrong number. He called to be sure and I responded with the same. He claimed he liked my voice and we kept talking. He was easy to talk to on the phone. From there, we exchanged calls and texts. I had to put a brake on it because I don't believe in online dating especially someone I had never met. Also, there was a young man whining my head in school so the budding romance ended.

One day, he called me out of the blues that he was going to be in Naija in a few weeks time and asked if I wanted to meet up. It piqued my curiosity but I was already dating someone that I wanted to marry so there was no need to complicate things.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by galantjoe(m): 2:55am On Apr 12, 2021
I got a msg from unsaved and unknown number in my whatsapp. I replied the msg. The sender was like she didn't know when she sent the msg.

From there our relationship kick started and blossomed to full a love affair.
It was wow, full of great funs and adventure.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Chirowman(m): 2:57am On Apr 12, 2021
No
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Oppy2k2: 2:59am On Apr 12, 2021
On this faithful day, I tried to call one of my sub ordinate at office just to say hi as we are all on strike. Unfortunately, someone else picked the call telling me it was a wrong number but d lady sound cool that was in the year 2018. I later called her back to familiarise with her, we got along and knew many things about her. We were living in the same state but different towns. We fixed a date to meet, lo behold she was half Nigerian, half Kenya. We started dating. We bleep countless time and d rest is history........ Till today she is someone special to me.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:20am On Apr 12, 2021
Organiccourses:

Oko Awawu

You mailed me, what is it you want to talk to me about?
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by notoriousbabe: 4:12am On Apr 12, 2021
mynd44 on my mind
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by notoriousbabe: 4:13am On Apr 12, 2021
Oppy2k2:
On this faithful day, I tried to call one of my sub ordinate at office just to say hi as we are all on strike. Unfortunately, someone else picked the call telling me it was a wrong number but d lady sound cool that was in the year 2018. I later called her back to familiarise with her, we got along and knew many things about her. We were living in the same state but different towns. We fixed a date to meet, lo behold she was half Nigerian, half Kenya. We started dating. We bleep countless time and d rest is history........ Till today she is someone special to me.
the only problem is that the babe get mouth odour
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by ussv: 4:32am On Apr 12, 2021
Naira landers and their imaginations lol........well....NO
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by kingsceedon(m): 5:06am On Apr 12, 2021
illicit:
When men were boiz

I met Mojisola or Monisola, she was in Ilorin, I was in Akure

Midnight calls, nice girl, she must be beautiful

I went to write GCE in a nearby town, lost my phone, the guy that found it called her, she called my mum

I didn't get my phone back, my mum lost her phone shortly afterwards

We lost contact. I guess the guy that picked my phone also picked up the relationship from there because he kept using my sim

Speaking in tongues?
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Goldbw122(m): 5:16am On Apr 12, 2021
smiliyB:
Hahahahaha you can be friend with them nah, they're human too wink
Yeah but I don't know the language I would have love to communicate with them well I need to learn the language..
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Goldbw122(m): 5:17am On Apr 12, 2021
Miracle4all:
you made me laugh sir,have a fruitful week ahead
You too sir
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:17am On Apr 12, 2021
gbemishile:
Have you ever called a wrong number, then realising you made a mistake, but being an opposite sex, you tried to become friendly with the person which resulted in a relationship.

drop ur comments below

No i haven't but i know of a friend that accidentally call a lady (white) wronged number he was so apologetic etc but the lady was cool about it next thing is flirting you know ( ondo guys now) they are happily married now with a kid
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by favour32(m): 6:11am On Apr 12, 2021
Goldbw122:
only Hausa people that always call me like that...
Dem dey disturb you too...I think say na only me.
My own..
Caller 1: Grun grun grun grun(phone ringing)
Me:"Hello"
Caller 1:"Salama lekun"
Me:"Wrong number, please!"
Caller 1: "wrang namba?" He or she is now asking me as if I was the one that called his or her line but continue to talk in defiance or language interference..
Me:I cut the call immediately.
Caller 1: Called again and again and kept calling.
Me:I block the fool.
So,others will continue the same path.
No need to waste time blocking once it has been established that it is the same set of people.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Hamiltonii: 6:17am On Apr 12, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:
I can't fall in love with anyone over the phone
Na small children pattern be that

You've not been told the right things.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Vinex4uba(m): 6:22am On Apr 12, 2021
Yes to my greatest surprise!
We started a decent relationship with mutual understanding along the line, she starts to bill me I japa....
Her name is Thelma.....
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by SunnyOG738(m): 6:33am On Apr 12, 2021
Most 80% has experience such things, but very difficult to be friends not to talk of relationship
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:34am On Apr 12, 2021
Yes. Man was shouting at the top of his voice that my abandoned wife has put to bed. cheesy

Told him it was a wrong number and he started insulting me and calling me irresponsible man for abandoning my wife.. It lasted a week, it was hard for me convincing them that it was a wrong number.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by modsfucker: 6:44am On Apr 12, 2021
lilvicky68:
The only wrong number wey dey call me na aboki...
You go make nairaland people cook better lies come talk now..

That means your line was once owned by an "aboki"...

Same thing happens to me, but na Yoruba people dey always call me looking for one Iya Abeji, even though I've been using the line for 7years now.... Sometimes I even receive text messages, inviting me to events in far away Yoruba States.
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by illicit(m): 6:58am On Apr 12, 2021
kingsceedon:

Speaking in tongues?

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Anaerobi(m): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2021
Yes, I mistakenly sent happy birthday sms to d wrong person... so at a point, we turned it to call.

it got to a point I traveled out of that state, but Esther to like preeq.

na so I hear she done carry Belle and she no even know who gave her d Belle..
Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by gracious11(f): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2021
A relationship of two years almost turned marriage but we had to part, family issue. still on talking terms but guy not as nice as before talking about 7 years ago

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called A Wrong Number That Resulted In A Relationship? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2021
franchasng:
Dear Op, this cannot happen now again because most ladies are impatient with unknown caller and seem to be more aggressive to unknown male caller than friendly so I don't see it happening again, maybe during the time GSM was just coming out it could happen then but not now
And would you blame them? From trying to set up and "test the love" of their girlfriends to scammers a lady is well within her sanity to be paranoid and have her guards up to an unknown male caller.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Have Sold My Virginity For N600,000? / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.