Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils (11402 Views)

Covenant, UI, UNILAG, Edo University Ranked As Best In Nigeria By Times Higher / Admission Into University Without Stress, Unilorin, Unilag, Oau And Many More / UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Amotolongbo(f): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the dissolution and reconstitution of the Governing Councils of the University of Ibadan, University of Port Harcourt, University of Lagos, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife and Maritime University in Delta.

This was contained in a statement by Mr Sonny Echono, Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education on Thursday.

He noted the governing councils of the five universities would be inaugurated in Abuja by the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu on April 19.

The statement listed members of the new council of UI as Chief Odigie Oyegun, Chairman; Mr Masud Kazaure, Abba Yaro, Alhaji Abubakar Maikafi, and Mr Emeka Nwagbo as members.

“For UNIPORT, the governing council members are Sen. Andrew Uchendu as Chairman while Mr Kolo Uzamat, Cdre. D. T. Hinga, Mohammed Makarfi and Ahmed Al-Mustapha are members.

“For UNILAG, we have Dr Lanre Tejuosho as Chairman with Dr Aminu Ahmed, Dr Uro Gardner, Chief Chinedu Adindi and Mr Mustafa Salihu as members.

“Also, OAU has Chief Oscar Udoji as Chairman with Capt. Bala Jibrin, Mr Eugene Odo, Dr Lateef Babata and Alhaji Saidu Bako as members.

“The Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko in Delta has Dr Elias Courson as Chairman and Mr Nelson Alapa, Mr Victor Giadono, Alhaji Bello Dukku and Mr Godwin Ananghe as members,
” it added.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ui-unilag-oau-others-get-governing-councils/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by bolaayenimo: 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2021
UI deserves a better chairman than that old man Oyegun

10 Likes

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2021
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Skengman: 11:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
fergie001:
Well deserved appointments to Chief Oyegun and Senator Uchendu. I have no doubt that their wealth of experience will be brought to bear.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2021
Skengman:

Well deserved appointments to Chief Oyegun and Senator Uchendu. I have no doubt that their wealth of experience will be brought to bear.
That's Oyegun's Alma mater....maybe it will help resolve the crisis there.

Infact, Amaechi wrote this UNIPORT's own in Ubima oooo grin grin
Anyways, Uchendu was a fine legislator.

It's all good for Rivers Politics.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 12:26am On Apr 09, 2021
Skengman:

.skengman,you are back.I miss you.you are a maestro,an authority on rivers politics.amechi about to takeover rivers.where are kinematics,seanfer,aaa569,chrisxxx,sonoyom,exposition
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 12:33am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

That's Oyegun's Alma mater....maybe it will help resolve the crisis there.

Infact, Amaechi wrote this UNIPORT's own in Ubima oooo grin grin
Anyways, Uchendu was a fine legislator.

It's all good for Rivers Politics.

Oyegun should be allowed to retire,he is of no relevance...
Amaechi personally wrote the names of uniport board in his bedroom.they will make sure an apc pliant vc like that kalabari prof will emerge who will produce pro apc inec adhoc staffs.very strategic.the timing was superb...maybe that is why wike gave uchendu son an appointment to spy on his dad.
Giadom too has been rewarded.chidi Lloyd should have been patient

8 Likes

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 12:34am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

Oyegun should be allowed to retire,he is of no relevance...
Amaechi personally wrote the names of uniport board in his bedroom.they will make sure an apc pliant vc like that kalabari prof will emerge who will produce pro apc inec adhoc staffs.very strategic.the timing was superb...maybe that is why wike gave uchendu son an appointment to spy on his dad.

Giadom too has been rewarded.chidi Lloyd should have been patient
The VC will most likely go to another State with his people. They swap them, most likely Bayelsa.

Make una leave Baba Oyegun for us oooo.....we like am cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 12:43am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

The VC will most likely go to another State with his people. They swap them, most likely Bayelsa.

Make una leave Baba Oyegun for us oooo.....we like am cheesy

Na wa for you oh.the vc will go to another state but will compile the list or nominate a loyalist most likely in ASUU to do it. Prof zanna used prof Tony eyang for that process so amechi knows what he is doing....at least 50% of the collation staffs will be from uniport...

Let oyegun surrender the post for someone younger like adams
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 12:55am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

Na wa for you oh.the vc will go to another state but will compile the list or nominate a loyalist most likely in ASUU to do it. Prof zanna used prof Tony eyang for that process so amechi knows what he is doing....at least 50% of the collation staffs will be from uniport...

Let oyegun surrender the post for someone younger like adams
Adams Oshiomhole....You are all out for power grab. How to take it, how to grab it. I would have been taking you more serious if CRS was an APC state.

All.this your analysis, implement it in CRS nah....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 1:08am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

Adams Oshiomhole....You are all out for power grab. How to take it, how to grab it. I would have been taking you more serious if CRS was an APC state.

Let ayade defect first before then.crs is a dead case,it is not strategic nationally.both parties can do without the state but rivers is very very strategic.one insider said ayade will defect before next week elapse.let's wait...

That reminds me,if sandy emerges pdp candidate or that of another party,he will easily win.he is a prof in unical and those lecturers doing election will naturally work for him.see goodluck.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 1:08am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

Let ayade defect first before then.crs is a dead case,it is not strategic nationally.both parties can do without the state but rivers is very very strategic.one insider said ayade will defect before next week elapse.let's wait...

That reminds me,if sandy emerges pdp candidate or that of another party,he will easily win.he is a prof in unical and those lecturers doing election will naturally work for him.see goodluck.....
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 1:29am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

That reminds me,if sandy emerges pdp candidate or that of another party,he will easily win.he is a prof in unical and those lecturers doing election will naturally work for him.see goodluck.....
All this your political analysis is most needed in CRS APC.

You start from your home before looking outside.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 1:44am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

All this your political analysis is most needed in CRS APC.

You start from your home before looking outside.

Rivers is now my adopted state as a resident
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 1:45am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

Rivers is now my adopted state as a resident
If you are picked tomorrow as a Guber candidate, you will vote in Rivers?

All politocians know you begin from the home-front.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 1:47am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

If you are picked tomorrow as a Guber candidate, you will vote in Rivers?

All politocians know you begin from the home-front.

I may decide not to dabbke into full-time politics
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 1:48am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

I may decide not to dabbke into full-time politics
Unless that.....
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 1:50am On Apr 09, 2021
fergie001:

Unless that.....
Why do you even want me to analyse about crs politics? It is boring and uninteresting and revolves around pdp.I even learnt that hon Alex egbona is being pushed by sen sandy to defect so that he will take his senate slot.no competition.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 09, 2021
Will it stop them from going on another 10 month strike? undecided
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fergie001: 1:59am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

Why do you even want me to analyse about crs politics? It is boring and uninteresting and revolves around pdp.I even learnt that hon Alex egbona is being pushed by sen sandy to defect so that he will take his senate slot.no competition.
It is because all your political analysis will be most needed there.

You can see how Wike fought in Rivers in 2019....You can see how Makinde did same....So do your part and rescue CRS.

When OUK, Amaechi & co. talk....They are reminded that their States are under opposition control.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by kahal29: 2:55am On Apr 09, 2021
garfield1:

One insider said ayade will defect before next week elapse.let's wait...

Really?

I also heard it yesterday. According to the person everything has been concluded to receive him.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by garfield1: 3:14am On Apr 09, 2021
kahal29:

Really?

I also heard it yesterday. According to the person everything has been concluded to receive him.

Not sure.rumours for now
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Monogamy: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2021
Good

But this are mere political appointment..

Tejuoso, Oshigun.....
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Ubykcee(m): 5:42am On Apr 09, 2021
wink
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Racoon(m): 5:43am On Apr 09, 2021
More of reward for political patronage otherwise, what is an old man like chief Oyegun doing on board the governing council of a reputable university like UI?
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Alejoas(m): 5:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Let the rule of law take the lead. Our range of lithium powerbank for laptop can guarantee you between ten to twenty four hours of work on your laptop. Can charge phone, light, fan etc.
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Qoko: 6:02am On Apr 09, 2021
Baba has sidelined Yoruba this time, I only see Dr Lanre Tejuosho and Dr Kolo Uzamat on this long list.

2 Likes

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by fasho01(m): 6:08am On Apr 09, 2021
The power bestowed on the Nigerian presidential office is way too much. No room for internal systems and structures to thrive.. What does a lifeless illiterate know about universities governing council

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Duplexxx: 6:12am On Apr 09, 2021
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by KaBabs1: 6:13am On Apr 09, 2021
Something wey dem go soon dissolve. Rather than perform it's primary objectives of resolving matters concerning welfare of the students and the uni at large, they spend more time resolving internal crisis due to greed and selfish interest. No be today.

If you have decent writing skills, and can write across several sub genres of fiction, send an application to write ndearn @ gmail.com
Re: UI, UNILAG, OAU, Others Get Governing Councils by Emeka71(m): 6:14am On Apr 09, 2021
Good move but I pray that they perform well and not engage in another act of corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Good Reasons Why Post Utme Should Not Be Scrapped / List Of Cheapest Universities In Canada / New Salary Scale For Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.