Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? (2520 Views)

Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / House Of Rep' Married Women Can Now Choose Their Origin From Father Or Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by Draslo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
sysengr:

He shares in very few occasions.

But the children needs it more, can't he see it as a sacrifice for the meantime till there is enough to go around undecided
It is not for you to decide, ma'am.
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by faithfull18(f): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
Me.
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by AishaYesufu: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2021
greenie77:

Which one be privilege, make we hustle o make our children whey we bring come dis world follow us chop meat without seeing eating meat as a reward reserved fo being the father.......half kilo of meat for the whole week, e no go better for poverty and the rubbish whey e dey cause!
A man whose family eat half kilo of meat in a week is not a poor man by Nigeria's standard. Poverty rate in Nigeria is rising, many families are looking for means to feed and survive, meat/fish is not even their issues. While we are all encouraged to continue to work hard and smart, praying to God to crown our efforts, we must always remember to appreciate the little that comes into the family. As long as a man works/earns, he deserves to be appreciated and treated specially being the King and Leader of the family that he is. We pray for improvement of his finances (and everyone of us) but he must never be disrespected.

I even noticed that sysengr, the OP, is fond of bringing her family matters to the public. Her cravings for validation by strangers would see her appreciate clowns that insult her husband just to make her feel good. No sensible man deserves a woman that can't keep family matters within the four walls of her house.
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
cococandy:
only if he’s willing to cook his said ‘meat’ and serve it to her on a spicy delicious platter wink

Nairalanders always looking for weird animal facts to try and make moot points. So we should emulate animals now? grin
If I tell you that some female animals kill the males immediately after sex, You won’t want to apply that to humanity . All these Selective irrelevant analogies.
Lol grin

I can't imagine the comparison
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:

Still didn't make any sense.

As head of the house, the man must always be accorded preference when it comes to certain privileges in the home especially when he is the primary provider in the home. The appropriate thing for a decent and wise wife to do when there is only a piece of meat is simply to split the meat into much smaller units while giving the LION share to the man. It is part of his rights and privileges as the king, father and leader of their society (family). A man cannot be subjected to "turn by turn" with his subordinates in the home, he can only as a matter of sacrifice cede his privileges to them.

You people should desist from introducing your sadistic feminism to destroy people's home.

Please no advice will destroy home cos wisdom will be applied.
Honestly cococandy is also correct.

But seriously the meat is already to small to be shared among him and the children.
He should learn to sacrifice too
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by LifeOfTrigga(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
[quote author=sysengr post=100619590]I prepare stew and soup that usually take us a week using half kilo of meat evenly shared.

My husband can not eat without meat oooo shocked . Only one meat per serving which goes to my husband.

Sunday dinner, I refused to give him but shared for the children. Big problem started ooo.

Please I need to know, is the meat always meant for him?[/quote

My dad good at sharing even it’s half remaining, I remember the old days!
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
aroundtheearth:

And a responsible husband would make sure he gives his wife enough money to cook for his family so that he's not dragging a piece of meat with his children like one agbaya. We're talking about a piece of meat and I'll assume it's nothing big, hence he should be mature enough to allow his wife share it amongst the kids and even herself, while he eats none for the night. It's only for one night - he won't die. I can easily give away meat, fish and all the things I like to eat for someone else/other people to eat and have done so before, but I understand generosity and selflessness can be foreign to others.

My thoughts exactly.
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:

What a silly and shallow mindset! Why won't you think it is easy to make money in Nigeria for you to say he should make more money to buy more meat when you aren't the primary provider in a family? No wonder Yahoo boys are using your destiny to hustle.

A man goes out to hustle, he takes care of children's education, he cares for shelter, he provides for feeding amongst other sacrifices, yet you want to deny him of his privileges simply because there was only a piece of meat left. Will the children be malnourished if they ate without meat? Will they be stricken with diseases if they were given minute portions or no meat at all? I pity men that marry your kind that comfortably dishonor them and display ingratitude towards their sacrifices. Rubbish
With all due respect, you are taking this too far.
I can't explain everything here in public but he is not the type of person that knows how to sacrifice. He doesn't stress himself to make money.
I work from home.... he overreacted cos I gave the meat to children that night. Before then and now he is the only one that comfortably eats it

3 Likes

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:
A man whose family eat half kilo of meat in a week is not a poor man by Nigeria's standard. Poverty rate in Nigeria is rising, many families are looking for means to feed and survive, meat/fish is not even their issues. While we are all encouraged to continue to work hard and smart, praying to God to crown our efforts, we must always remember to appreciate the little that comes into the family. As long as a man works/earns, he deserves to be appreciated and treated specially being the King and Leader of the family that he is. We pray for improvement of his finances (and everyone of us) but he must never be disrespected.

I even noticed that sysengr, the OP, is fond of bringing her family matters to the public. Her cravings for validation by strangers would see her appreciate clowns that insult her husband just to make her feel good. No sensible man deserves a woman that can't keep family matters within the four walls of her house.

Oh am fond of that? Ok. Noted. Thank you.
This is faceless forum. Advice I have gotten here has helped and still useful to me.

Please learn how to value people and don't insult them.

5 Likes

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by libartay(f): 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
Man dey drag one piece of meat with his own babies?! Which Kain irritating crap!

Sister, you married a regular male child...just an egg fertilizer basically!
Man ke?!

I know you knew he's always been like that before you married him so y'all keep living happily anyhow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by AishaYesufu: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
sysengr:

I can't explain everything here in public but he is not the type of person that knows how to sacrifice. He doesn't stress himself to make money.
I work from home. I take care of most basic needs in the home yet he overreacted cos I gave the meat to children that night. Before then and now he is the only one that comfortably eat it
Obviously you enjoy creating threads to mock your husband and make him look stupid. I am very sure that you decided to deny him the meat simply because of his financial challenges. What a terrible wife...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by AishaYesufu: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
libartay:
Man dey drag one piece of meat with his own babies?! Which Kain irritating crap!

Sister, you married a regular male child...just an egg fertilizer basically!
Man ke?!

I know you knew he's always been like that before you married him so y'all keep living happily anyhow.
Another silly comment.

Where did you read that the husband dragged piece of meat with his kids?
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by cococandy(f): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:
Obviously you enjoy creating threads to mock your husband and make him look stupid. I am very sure that you decided to deny him the meat simply because of his financial challenges. What a terrible wife...

If you’re like this about small things, imagine how you would react to higher/bigger stuff? Do other people matter too?

You don’t even know what consists a home breaking attitude. You just use those words against any lady (coc0candy) who disagrees with you.

See, Anyone who is consistently selfish,100% of the time without consideration for the others in the family is the one who is breaking the home by himself or herself. It won’t be long before the other family members will resent them. It’s a no brainer. You don’t even have to think about it to see that it is true.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:

Another silly comment.

Where did you read that the husband dragged piece of meat with his kids?

You sure say you no be the husband? Cuz the way you carry this matter for head eh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by armyofone(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
cheesy grin grin grin
That widow spider wicked grin
No application to humanity. Na only jungle stories apply.

cococandy:
only if he’s willing to cook his said ‘meat’ and serve it to her on a spicy delicious platter wink

Nairalanders always looking for weird animal facts to try and make moot points. So we should emulate animals now? grin
If I tell you that some female animals kill the males immediately after sex, You won’t want to apply that to humanity . All these Selective irrelevant analogies
Lmao hehehe grin
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by armyofone(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
Lmao grin
Nigerian men and meat!

Ardar:

You sure say you no be the husband? Cuz the way you carry this matter for head eh.
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by armyofone(m): 6:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
grin grin laughing @ "comfortable eating it" Meat not shuck him throat grin

sysengr:

I work from home. I take care of most basic needs in the home yet he overreacted cos I gave the meat to children that night. Before then and now he is the only one that comfortably eat it

1 Like

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by cococandy(f): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
armyofone:
cheesy grin grin grin
That widow spider wicked grin
No application to humanity. Na only jungle stories apply.
Lmao hehehe grin

Don’t mind them.I find a few animal society series interesting and I follow them. It’s not just the widow spider. The female praying mantes and scorpions (to name a few) kill and eat their male during sex to provide sustenance for the coming offspring.

These animal “analogists” have no idea what these other non-human creatures do. They just be comparing us with the ones that suit their points at the moment thinking there’s a divine order that makes maleness uniformly superior in all of creation.
while in fact it’s a human social construct.

2 Likes

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by cococandy(f): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Draslo:

This one is for you ,since you like the animal kingdom so much.
You’re talking about lion’s share but these ones actually sacrificially offer themselves because they understand the female has the upcoming arduous task of raising the kids. They are not interested in dragging morsels with their offspring. Very manly grin

“But octopuses aren’t the only ones who kill their sex partners. Female praying mantises often kill their mates, especially if they’re hungry, and within certain species of spiders, the males will actually offer themselves as a meal for their newly-impregnated partners.

Despite the ferocity of mating in the animal kingdom, romance is not dead: sexual cannibalism can be something of a gift from the male to the female in many cases. Female wolf spiders and tarantulas, who often eat males pre-intercourse, produce 30% more eggs than those who don’t when they finally get around to mating. And in the mantis’ case, the death of one male often means the survival of the reproducing female.

“It’s probably not the male’s preferred outcome,” Scheel says. “But if you think about it…contributing his calories to his offspring doesn’t do any harm [to the species].”
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by armyofone(m): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
Coco you are making me laugh so hard this morning grin
Yes, many animals do that. Jungle stories more famous grin

Some beat their wife for not serving them more than one meat.
I wondering if we have vegetarian guys in Nigeria because for a guy to drag meat with growing children is something I can't understand.

cococandy:

This one is for you ,since you like the animal kingdom so much.
You’re talking about lion’s share but these ones actually sacrificially offer themselves because they understand the female has the upcoming arduous task of raising the kids. They are not interested in dragging morsels with their offspring. Very manly grin

1 Like

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by cococandy(f): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
We probably have a few vegetarians. Not many at all. The average Nigerian loves meat.

armyofone:
Coco you are making me laugh so hard this morning grin
Yes, many animals do that. Jungle stories more famous grin

Some beat their wife for not serving them more than one meat.
I wondering if we have vegetarian guys in Nigeria because for a guy to drag meat with growing children is something I can't understand.

1 Like

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by bigjackass: 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
If I read you well your children don't eat meat. You and your husband should be arrested for child abuse
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by mariahAngel(f): 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
sysengr:

It is well with your home.

1 Like

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by mariahAngel(f): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
bigjackass:
If I read you well your children don't eat meat. You and your husband should be arrested for child abuse

There are people who are vegetarians, either by choice or by circumstance.
They still get through life.
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by LifeIssues101(f): 8:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
Honestly, this is on point

Most mothers do not care about themselves

I am a culprit and I need better cane from people like you to remind me ALWAYS

Cos it actually hurts sometimes, we just keep our cool and humble like our mother taught us lipsrsealed

cococandy:
What about you? Are you not deserving of it?
Sometimes you put yourself first too.
I know the thought process that goes into such decisions but sometimes you need to put yourself first too.
Rotate it. Once in while consider the kids first, or him first or yourself first. But not always yourself last.

And this applies to other things beyond the last piece of meat (obviously).

2 Likes

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by eyinjuege: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2021
Why are the children not getting meat regularly though?
Please cook more to last the whole family for the week, without depriving anyone.
Ask your husband to increase money for meat and soup

1 Like

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by eyinjuege: 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Carchoice:
The man is lucky I’m not his child. The meat will miss from the pot soup. I go follow find who chop am.

You be hoodlum grin
Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by eyinjuege: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:

You people watch too much Nollywood movies that you alienated yourself from reality.

A responsible wife would have split the meat into bits, give the man his lion share and the children their smaller portion. That way everyone eats with meat and are happy. It is wrong to dishonor the man by striping him completely without his permission in the name of satisfying the children. What manner of wife is that sef? Will the children cease to grow if they go without meat for the night? Haba!

Only the man gets the meat everyday while his wife and children go without.
Problem started when she gave the children the meat 1 day out of the 7 days of the week.
Their father was the only one who ate meat 6 days out of 7.
It's not too much to allow the children taste meat too please.
I hope the OP is supplementing their diets with other things sha

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by cococandy(f): 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
I do it too. I have to constantly remind myself to think of myself too. It’s not necessarily a bad thing but you can’t pour from an empty cup. So, put yourself and care for yourself first sometimes so that you have adequate reserves to replenish the others who you care for. wink

LifeIssues101:
Honestly, this is on point

Most mothers do not care about themselves

I am a culprit and I need better cane from people like you to remind me ALWAYS

Cos it actually hurts sometimes, we just keep our cool and humble like our mother taught us lipsrsealed

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
AishaYesufu:

I can see comprehension is your problem.

I create thread to know what am doing wrong and learn.

'Deny him cos of fin challenges' for only Sunday night? Meanwhile he ate the meat alone on Sunday morning ooo and has always been eating it even this night ooo.

In fact I won't reply you again.

You are full of insults, grow up!

Go pour your anger elsewhere and stay off my thread let me reason with sensible people please.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If there is only one meat in the pot, who should eat it? Father Or Children ? by sysengr(f): 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ardar:

I surprise too o grin
This one go worse pass my husband.

Even food, AishaYesufu will cut from his wife and children share to add to his because it is his hard labour.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inconceivable / Can Sworn Declaration Of Age Effectively Replace One's Birth Certificate / RECONCILING AND DECEIT.. HELP!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.