Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine (42957 Views)

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / US Worker Threatens To Resign Over Thanksgiving Turkey, Shocks Nigerian / My Supervisor Uses Juju On Our Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by ENG0701: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
Fanuchi007:
The church has always been against modern knowledge. When electricity wat invented, the church worked tirelessly to destroy it, when the electric bulb was invented, the church called it 'devils eye'. when polio vaccine was discovered the church tried every means to destroy it. why do u people never learn? why listen to a pastor when he/she has no knowledge of medicine. Do u know how many vaccination you received as a child? polio, measles etc and you think it's covid 19 that will kill us? what has 4g got to do with covid-19!! this pastor Chris that is kicking against 4g and covid-19, in the next 10 years he would have installed 4g in all his churches across the world. Religion always tries to destroy what it can't explain. liberal christianity and science is the future....

I'm a Christian, and this is one thing I do not understand about the church. The church always seem to be against science and technology. Same way the church was against Galileo and insisted that earth is flat
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Jeromejnr(m): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
ENG0701:

Actually, states in US have an "at will employent" law. An employer can sack you if you refuse to be vaccinated.

"At will employment" law doesn't work for violation of public policy which includes constitutional rights.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by lastempero: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
Oluolad86:

cry I think there is no side effects. Take it to safe your job or you know the best option

Have you heard of genetic mutation, people that first produce it are reluctant to take it talk more of u that dont neef it
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by descartes400: 12:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
IgOga:

The vaccine is an experimental vaccine. Mr Trump administration was given an emergency use order. This vaccine is now being tested on people. Real time data is being collected now. The sad reality is that the pharmaceutical companies have no liability for side effects or even death. Unfortunately some people have bad reactions to the vaccine and sadly some have died as a result.

You are within your right to refuse the vaccine. However your employer too has a reason to ask employees who have not been vaccinated to stay away from the office so that they don't pose a risk to others.

You may want to discuss options such as WFH with your employer before taking legal action.

The bolded is the main issue I have with the vaccine given its experimental nature of it. Nobody is held liable for its adverse side effect on some people. IF Mr A takes the vaccine and immediately started feeling unwell and consequently end having stroke or paralysis within 48 hours of getting vaccinated...who is held liable? NOBODY....Mr A is done for!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by KratosCorp: 12:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
You lots just hide behind phone and PC to talk nonsense.

Who gave the boss the mandate to discriminate against the staff or terminate their contracts based on their health choices?

Can the boss prove beyond reasonable doubt that the staff that refuses to be vaccinated could not perform his/her job satisfactorily? This is not endorsing the OP's view of going to the courts, even though it's a valid option.

There is a report from Israel of a man who first got infected, then got vaccinated in 2020 and yet got reinfected again this year.

I know someone who got infected last year, got treated, and yet was told that he could not produce the antibody. He now has to go get vaccinated, but where's the proof the vaccine will produce the antibody permanently?

Do you get sacked from work for refusing to get flu vaccination?

Any idea how many people die of flu worldwide each year?

How about other viruses?

Or is it just the Covid-19 vaccine that you want to force down everyone's vein?

Wannabe tyrants like you love to make sweeping unsolicited choices and decisions for other people uninvited. Folks who do so are very prone to evil and political corruption and should never get anywhere near power.

[s]
jelel6:

Why is your boss even asking you to resign? She should probably just sack you and be done with it.

A virus that has claimed almost 3 million lives worldwide, and they have to beg you to safeguard people around you by merely taking a vaccine you didn't pay a dime for?

In Europe, they will introduce vaccine passport in due course. So, you think those countries would allow you travel over there while you can catch the infection? I'm sure you'll take 10 doses of these vaccines if you were offered a visa to the West.

No point asking why you'd refuse the vaccine because you can only say something stupid. I honestly don't care whether you take the vaccine or not. I only care about the people who you'd infect should you become infected. You want to sue your employer for trying to make your workplace safe and secure? Good luck with that.

(I should have studied law so I'd take your change)

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Annajapheth: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
I still don't understand the protection behind this vaccine of a thing....we that didn't take the vaccine are at risk Really tho!!!....there is no better way to explain that there is an hidden agenda behind the vaccine if they have to force us to take it... PERIOD!!!!

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Phoenix999: 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
Never be coerced to do anything contrary to your conscience. Do not resign, if she sacks you, call me. I'd handle the case pro bono.

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by thundafire: 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
We said it long ago that Covid is the Red Carpet to the Beast System.

We said it long ago that Covid is Real but the Agenda behind it is Much more bigger.
If it's not an agenda, then those who take the vaccine should be Contented that they are So called "Protected" and not Directly or indirectly force those who do not want the Vaccine.

If the Vaccine protects you , why should you be afraid of those who refuse it? It is not about the Virus, it's all about Control! 2 Forms of Controls are in play . Mind Control and Population Control.
The Mind of many are being Conditioned/ Controlled to what is ahead.
Others will be victims of Population Control.

We said it long ago that it will come to this, they said we are blabbing..

No Mask, No Service!
No Vacc, No Service!
The target is
No Mark, No Service! Which will come into play After the Rapture!

When you begin to Hear and see things as these, then you begin to see where it is Headed!

The Conditioning for the Beast System is Real!
If you Cannot see that we are in Unique and Strange times with all the Biblical Endtimes Prophecies all over the World Flipping off the pages of the Bible , there is nothing else you will ever see.
We are at End of the End of days.

My Dear, for now, make use of all the legal means that you can as it is an infringement on your Human right. commit it to GOD in Prayers and Most Important do not trade your Soul For anything or For anyone under any Guise.

shut ur mouth
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
HUSTLER001:
My boss have asked her employees to either take the corona vaccine or resign. I didn't but I don't want to resign either. I'm expecting to get sacked and take up a legal suit. I still need advice though.

She wants certificate, get her certificate, simple .

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by ENG0701: 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2021
Jeromejnr:

"At will employment" law doesn't work for violation of public policy which includes constitutional rights.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/07/covid-vaccine-update-your-boss-can-fire-you-if-you-refuse-the-coronavirus-shot.html

You can read the opinion of labor attorney.
TLDR: yes you can be sacked.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by AmazingELixir: 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2021
incogni2o:

Which kind of talk are you advicing?

If the Boss is vacinated and everyone who dreads the disease, It's left for those who expose themselves to the vaccine.

Why are you so in supprt of taking away the Freedom of Choice of your fellow Man.

It's oppressive.

Can vaccinated people be infected?

Please don't make yourself the Devils tool.

Peace

Youngman if you insist on not taking the vaccine simply put in your resignation letter it is that simple.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Jeromejnr(m): 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2021
ENG0701:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/07/covid-vaccine-update-your-boss-can-fire-you-if-you-refuse-the-coronavirus-shot.html

You can read the opinion of labor attorney.
TlDR: yes you can be sacked.

I read it...and I read the exceptions.

And know you can't always be sacked like the OP.

And also religious belief.

A employee it is stated can reject it due to medical reason and then the employer has to provide an alternative means like working remotely.

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Lomprico2: 12:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
Oluolad86:

cry I think there is no side effects. Take it to safe your job or you know the best option

what if it make one sterile? you can't say there is no side effects.
OP if you no wan take, no take. me I am not taking till I have kids .
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by jesmond3945: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
descartes400:

I personally know of some one who took the vaccine on Friday , started feeling unwell on Saturday and by Sunday , the person had stroke! A whole stroke ooh!
my brother this is someone whose anti body was well enough to take care of it without any Mrna code.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by fashrola(m): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
HUSTLER001:
My boss have asked her employees to either take the corona vaccine or resign. I didn't but I don't want to resign either. I'm expecting to get sacked and take up a legal suit. I still need advice though.

Making workplace safe for workers and clients is the core responsibility of the company, You not taking the vaccine may pose a risk to other vaccinated staffs, If you refuse to get vaccinated and the company wants to sack you, By all right you do not have a case here except you get money to waste for court where dey on strike now

To get job for Naija hard oooo, Don't play yourself

2 Likes

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2021
Your boss should lead by example, let her take the vaccine first.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by usj(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
HUSTLER001:
Not taking the Vaccine is your right, and you can Express your right in any way legal as you please. She also has her own right to choose those she want to work in her establishment is also her right. She has the right to terminate your appointment on the ground that you can jeopardize her worker's health. So, in all of it you're all expressing your right.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by chopmymoney(f): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hmmmm
You better use your head !!!!

By the time you are fired then your eye will open....

What's wrong in you been vacinnated?

I can see you're among the lazy youth Baba said...
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Onliie(m): 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
she has a choice. She either takes the vaccine or loses her job simple. A smart person chooses wisely.
see reasoning
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by ENG0701: 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2021
Jeromejnr:

I read it...and I read the exceptions.

And know you can't always be sacked like the OP.

And also religious belief.

A employee it is stated can reject it due to medical reason and then the employer has to provide an alternative means like working remotely.

I doubt the OP has a medical issue that will keep him from getting vaccinated. And to use religious belief, you have to show where in your religious book (bible or quran) that states that you should not be vaccinated.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by jesmond3945: 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
greenskittles:

You really don't know what you're saying. I always find it amusing how someone who does a few Google searches thinks they're competent enough to discard research by experts who spent their lives training to that effect. And, using the experiences of a small percentage of people to condemn the vaccine makes no sense. It's like saying because malaria medicine makes some people itch, then nobody should take malaria medicine. Anyway, I'm sure a lot of you anti-vaxxers somehow tie this to your religion (thanks to Facebook conspiracy theories, lol). So I won't bother going further as you cannot attempt to reason a man out of a position he didn't come into through reason in the first place. My only intention with my initial post was to explain how vaccines work, and I've done that.
you mean over 500,000 adverse reactions. Let me give you an example, why do we have software patches every second? Why don't we have a perfect software system designed by experts? Even the OS by bill gates is drought with vulnerabilities. We are not saying vaccines are not perfect, why we are saying why rush them? Why not fix all the vulnerabilities with the mRNA code? Why did the asteazena vaccine stop, even scientists are saying is safe? Is because your family member has not been killed by this experimental vaccine. Probably you would sing a different tune.

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Psoul(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Just take the damn vaccine so you can protect yourself and others around you. Maybe you just don't like your job but then finding a job in Nigeria is hard.
as for the law suit i can guess you have enough money to waste this is Nigeria with connection everything goes.

Please can you tell us how the vaccine protects you and the others around you.
After taking the vaccine, you still wears the face mask
After taking the vaccine, you can still get infected
After taking the vaccine, you are still using ur hand sanitizer for COVID-19

So educate us on the protection u are talking about.

5 Likes

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by truthstands01: 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
This is totally wrong. You can't force someone to take a vaccine. All you need to do is confirm she's not positive at workplace. Freedom is our right and can't be taken away from us. We are yet to know where they are coming from with this evil vaccine. I know many who has tested positive and returned back to work in just few days on simple malaria medications. I don't know why the big stuff with this covid. The Lord will protect His children from every form of evil conspiracy.

2 Likes

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by NairalandSARS: 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
isthatso:

Every employer has an obligation to provide a safe work environment for it's workers. With a pandemic, i would imagine it is wihinthe right of an employer to require all employees to take a vaccine.

put it this way if you dont take the vaccine and then a colleague can prove that you later developed covid and infected him and he dies. he can sue your employer for not providing a safe work environment.

So take the vaccine or find another job (which may mandate you get a vaccine)
But how does the colleague contact the virus if he is already vaccinated?

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by berbs: 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
HUSTLER001:

So sorry about that but you gotta comply. If your kinda job does not require a one on one thingy, then you can search for remote work before you resign
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by koxi: 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
HUSTLER001:

Take the damn vaccine!
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by wolesmile(m): 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
We said it long ago that Covid is the Red Carpet to the Beast System.

We said it long ago that Covid is Real but the Agenda behind it is Much more bigger.
If it's not an agenda, then those who take the vaccine should be Contented that they are So called "Protected" and not Directly or indirectly force those who do not want the Vaccine.

If the Vaccine protects you , why should you be afraid of those who refuse it? It is not about the Virus, it's all about Control! 2 Forms of Controls are in play . Mind Control and Population Control.

No Mask, No Service!
No Vacc, No Service!
The target is

When you begin to Hear and see things as these, then you begin to see where it is Headed!

If you Cannot see that we are in Unique and Strange times with all the Biblical Endtimes Prophecies all over the World Flipping off the pages of the Bible , there is nothing else you will ever see.

My Dear, for now, make use of all the legal means that you can as it is an infringement on your Human right. commit it to GOD in Prayers and Most Important do not trade your Soul For anything or For anyone under any Guise.

You'll soon be alright bro. You'll soon be alright.

Just make sure you always take your medication.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by XXXXTENTACION: 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2021
Onliie:
mumu reasoning
Thanks for the compliment cool
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by Lifecanbeamazin: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Has your boss taken the C-19 vaccine? if she/he hasn't, let him/her know that you'll take yours right after him.
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by owunabastard: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
That is what I am advising people not to take the vaccine, all this mark of beast propaganda are all bullshit, but if you are healthy and as African, we are immune to an extent on this covid 19 than the white people, why on earth should you take a vaccine that still under experiment? best bet is to allow your body to function well by eating what will boost your immune system
lastempero:

Have you heard of genetic mutation, people that first produce it are reluctant to take it talk more of u that dont neef it
Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by descartes400: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2021
IF at the height of the Pandemic at which case a vaccine would have come in handy , yet, I'm able to stay un infected having gone to places like churches, markets , hospital and use public transportation, and if unknowingly infected overcame the virus without any form of hospitalization, just as having the normal yearly seasonal allergies that doesn't require a visit to hospital... WHY should I need the vaccine NOW when we are no longer at the Pandemic state in Nigeria. WHY?

1 Like

Re: Our Boss Asked Us To Resign Because We Refused To Take The COVID-19 Vaccine by SANDAT(m): 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
[quote author=Righteousness2 post=100620146][i]We said it long ago that Covid is the Red Carpet to the Beast System.

No Mask, No Service!
No Vacc, No Service!
The target is

I think u are missing the real point here. You should remember that any one who is infected by covid-19 gets treated entirely at Government expense. Considering the way it spreads easily, I think the vaccine should be made compulsory. It' just doesn't make sense for us to always attribute any Government action to a conspiracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

270 Indian Workers At Dangote Company Depart Nigeria / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). / Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.