Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,026 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:39 AM

Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? (1338 Views)

Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Or which of the 10 commandments should not be obeyed?

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. < This?

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. < This?

3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. < This?

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. < This?

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. < This?

6. You shall not murder. < This?

7. You shall not commit adultery. < This?

8. You shall not steal. < This?

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. < This?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's. < or This?

I intentionally bolded the forth commandment because certain "believers" tend to preach or teach that it should not be obeyed because we are no longer under the law. But the truth is none of the commandment is to be disobeyed or ignored. Anyone who breaks one has broken the entire law.
Besides, the 10 commandments is contained in the Commandments of Love GOD and people. If you truely love GOD you won't break any of it.

1 Like

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:24am On Apr 09, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. < This?

3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. < This?

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. < This?

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. < This?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's. < or This?

I intentionally bolded the forth commandments because certain "believers" tend to preach or teach that it should not be obeyed because we are no longer under the law. But the truth is none of the commandments is to be disobeyed or ignored. Anyone who breaks one has broken the entire law.
Besides, the 10 commandments is contained in the Commandments of Love GOD and people. If you truely love GOD you won't break any of it.

Bump... . .... .. ..
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by MightySparrow: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2021
What do think?
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by LisaAnneMia: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2021
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:55-57
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by orunto27: 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
JESUS CHRIST, THE RIGHTEOUS, IS ON EARTH TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2021
Bump.. .. ....
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:53am On Apr 24, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. < This?

I intentionally bolded the forth commandments because certain "believers" tend to preach or teach that it should not be obeyed because we are no longer under the law. But the truth is none of the commandments is to be disobeyed or ignored. Anyone who breaks one has broken the entire law.

Bump.. . ...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On May 01, 2021
Bump.. .. ...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by sonmvayina(m): 8:50am On May 01, 2021
God gave humanity his laws. Anybody telling you to obey some and disobey the rest is making you a rebel to your creator. Desist from such . God laws are for ever as long as man lives on earth.

The only way to have a meaningful relationship with your creator is to obey his commandments. Not in believing absurdities like God impregnation another man's wife to sire a son. Or that God sent his son to come and die for sin. Total bullocks. God also gave us how to recognize a false prophet even if the man is blessed with the act of magic or sorcery. Anyone coming to turn you away from referencing your creator as the only God and creator. Is a false prophet. Run from such a person...

My two kobo
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On May 08, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

I intentionally bolded the forth commandment because certain "believers" tend to preach or teach that it should not be obeyed because we are no longer under the law. But the truth is none of the commandment is to be disobeyed or ignored. Anyone who breaks one has broken the entire law.

Bump.... .. .. ...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:54am On May 15, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... . .. .. .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:48am On May 22, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .. ...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:53am On May 29, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. ..
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2021
Bump... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:54am On Jun 12, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump..... .. .. .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Jun 19, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. . .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:46am On Jul 03, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Jul 10, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. ... ..
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. .. ......
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Jul 24, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Jul 31, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:49am On Aug 07, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. .. ..
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:49am On Sep 11, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:49am On Sep 25, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .. ... .. .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:51am On Oct 09, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. ... .... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:49am On Oct 23, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ... ..... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:48am On Nov 06, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .. ... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:51am On Nov 20, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump...... .. ... .... .. ... .... .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? / How I Met Lucifer, The Angel Of Light / Moderator:thighing Is A Huge Insult On Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.