Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? (1357 Views)

Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Or which of the 10 commandments should not be obeyed?

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. < This?

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. < This?

3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. < This?

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. < This?

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. < This?

6. You shall not murder. < This?

7. You shall not commit adultery. < This?

8. You shall not steal. < This?

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. < This?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's. < or This?

I intentionally bolded the forth commandment because certain "believers" tend to preach or teach that it should not be obeyed because we are no longer under the law. But the truth is none of the commandment is to be disobeyed or ignored. Anyone who breaks one has broken the entire law.
Besides, the 10 commandments is contained in the Commandments of Love GOD and people. If you truely love GOD you won't break any of it.

Bump... ... . ..... .. . .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by GdNews32: 6:48am On Dec 04, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. < This?

3. You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. < This?

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. < This?

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you. < This?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's. < or This?

I intentionally bolded the forth commandment because certain "believers" tend to preach or teach that it should not be obeyed because we are no longer under the law. But the truth is none of the commandment is to be disobeyed or ignored. Anyone who breaks one has broken the entire law.
Besides, the 10 commandments is contained in the Commandments of Love GOD and people. If you truely love GOD you won't break any of it.
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. ... ... ...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On Dec 25, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ....

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.... ... ... .... ..
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:52am On Feb 12, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. ..... .. ...
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Mar 05, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Mar 19, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. ... ... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by JustExposeIt: 8:19am On Mar 19, 2022
Love God with your heart, mind and strength and love your neighbor as yourself. That's Jesus summarised the ten commandment and that does not mean you should not obey them
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Mar 26, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .. ... ..
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Apr 02, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. . ... ........
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:48am On Apr 16, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Apr 23, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump..... .. .... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.... .. .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On May 14, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. .. ... ... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:51am On May 28, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... .. ... .
Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Jun 04, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Re: Should True Believers Obey The 10 Commandments? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Jun 11, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump... ... ... .. .. .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women Were Flogging The Small Girl With Broom Severely To Remove The Evil Power / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In God. / Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.