Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa (122790 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 3:11pm On May 25, 2023
chaiks:
Thank you so much. He is not a rich kid though. He is a student in upsala university and lives in upsala. I was asking him how easy it is to get passport if one should relocate to Sweden. But he is like it is becoming difficult and they are trying to make sweeping reforms to reduce immigration. He warned me to focus elsewhere. I currently live in Japan and this place is not where you can easily get PR let alone passport.
So is he on scholarship?
If you can get in here legitimately, it's fine. Even the illegals seem not to be having issues, so long as they stay out of trouble, which is pretty easy. I think it's quite good here, except for the language matter. But if you are in Stockholm, then that is no issue as almost everyone speaks English, except some old or illiterate one (I have ran into quite some). If you are coming here, target to be in Stockholm, Uppsala or Malmo in that order. Yes they are toughening their laws, but not a problem if you hold a Masters degree.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by chaiks: 6:28pm On May 25, 2023
Thank you. He is on full tuition scholarship in upsala university. I want to apply for a second masters in a school around Stockholm. But I am weighing chances of getting free tuition as well. Also, how long will one need to stay to get the PR or passport?
Lionize:

So is he on scholarship?
If you can get in here legitimately, it's fine. Even the illegals seem not to be having issues, so long as they stay out of trouble, which is pretty easy. I think it's quite good here, except for the language matter. But if you are in Stockholm, then that is no issue as almost everyone speaks English, except some old or illiterate one (I have ran into quite some). If you are coming here, target to be in Stockholm, Uppsala or Malmo in that order. Yes they are toughening their laws, but not a problem if you hold a Masters degree.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 8:25pm On May 25, 2023
chaiks:
Thank you. He is on full tuition scholarship in upsala university. I want to apply for a second masters in a school around Stockholm. But I am weighing chances of getting free tuition as well. Also, how long will one need to stay to get the PR or passport?
Three years after you have your work permit, if your record is clean. For instance, if you have a bad debt recorded against you, the time starts counting about one year after you clear that debt. There are other conditions. The nature of the debt may also matter. Advice: Just keep a clean record. They were debating for the time to start counting the moment you got your personnummer, even as a student.

So how is your friend paying his rent and feeding?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by chaiks: 12:38am On May 26, 2023
Thank you. He is working and paying his living bills. As for personal number, are they still debating about it? My guy was like it's better to move to USA. But I kind of like Swedish culture and cool lifestyle.
Lionize:

Three years after you have your work permit, if your record is clean. For instance, if you have a bad debt recorded against you, the time starts counting about one year after you clear that debt. There are other conditions. The nature of the debt may also matter. Advice: Just keep a clean record. They were debating for the time to start counting the moment you got your personnummer, even as a student.

So how is your friend paying his rent and feeding?
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 6:56am On May 26, 2023
chaiks:
Thank you. He is working and paying his living bills. As for personal number, are they still debating about it? My guy was like it's better to move to USA. But I kind of like Swedish culture and cool lifestyle.
There is no debate about getting a personnummer, once you get a visa that will keep you here for more than one year, you must get a personnummer. By the way, personnummer=tax ID. The time it takes to be issued one varies, some get it in one week, others get it after about a max of 16 weeks (I fell into this last category).

My ultimate goal had been to enter USA or Ca through here, but i am beginning to re-think that. This society seems to me to be a saner place to bring up children than USA, I can't say about Ca for now. In USA, you may make a lot of money if you align yourself properly, or become homeless if you dull yourself. The wealth disparity is very wide in America, but here, the wealth disparity is thin. If your friend would tell you how he manages to take care of himself here in numbers, then you decide. But, as far as I am concerned, here is a good place to come.

If you can easily get into USA, good luck, especially if you are single. Sweden seems to be saner than USA. The language barrier is there as you move away from Stockholm, but there is always a price to pay bro.

Again, when looking out for schools in Sweden, if you are in STEM, KTH is a good school in Stockholm.

2 Likes

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Gokoyer0(m): 8:51am On May 27, 2023
What about stay after graduation bro? Are they going to accept any job offer to get post study permit/visa?
Lionize:

Honestly, I don't live in Umea, I live in Stockholm. But, if you are determined, and are able to keep pride one corner, it should be possible. My advise is for you to make sure one or two other semester fees are on ground before you come. Then, depending on your ability to cope with work and studies at the same time, anything is possible. I could advise on specific ways to adapt if I know exactly your case.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by chaiks: 9:41am On May 27, 2023
Thank you. Yes, the attraction of being able to raise a family in Sweden equally played into his calculation. But recently, he is talking about making money in USA. I am into social science anyway. Maybe I will apply to both USA and Sweden whichever one works out, fine.
Lionize:

There is no debate about getting a personnummer, once you get a visa that will keep you here for more than one year, you must get a personnummer. By the way, personnummer=tax ID. The time it takes to be issued one varies, some get it in one week, others get it after about a max of 16 weeks (I fell into this last category).

My ultimate goal had been to enter USA or Ca through here, but i am beginning to re-think that. This society seems to me to be a saner place to bring up children than USA, I can't say about Ca for now. In USA, you may make a lot of money if you align yourself properly, or become homeless if you dull yourself. The wealth disparity is very wide in America, but here, the wealth disparity is thin. If your friend would tell you how he manages to take care of himself here in numbers, then you decide. But, as far as I am concerned, here is a good place to come.

If you can easily get into USA, good luck, especially if you are single. Sweden seems to be saner than USA. The language barrier is there as you move away from Stockholm, but there is always a price to pay bro.

Again, when looking out for schools in Sweden, if you are in STEM, KTH is a good school in Stockholm.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Lionize: 4:45pm On May 27, 2023
Gokoyer0:
What about stay after graduation bro? Are they going to accept any job offer to get post study permit/visa?

Yeah, so long as it meets the requirements in term of pay. You can apply for work-seeing visa after studies if you don't have job already. But if you have a job while studying, then you apply for work permit straight
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by SSDI: 2:51pm On May 29, 2023
Hello everyone!
Please I'm going to Sweden to study (BSC) program, I've paid my first installment fee, and I'm about to start my RP.
My question is, during registering at the swedish migration website, do I need to upload any accomodation contract, birth certificate,flight iternary and insurance? My school is university of Gavle.
Secondly, can I apply for a 2 years permit since my duration of study is 3 years.
Lastly, do I need to buy an insurance, I heard I don't need to buy an insurance as swedish university's covers the insurance.
Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by passiveincome1: 4:49pm On May 30, 2023
Lionize:

Hello, Please check Dm. Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
chaiks:
Thank you so much. He is not a rich kid though. He is a student in upsala university and lives in upsala. I was asking him how easy it is to get passport if one should relocate to Sweden. But he is like it is becoming difficult and they are trying to make sweeping reforms to reduce immigration. He warned me to focus elsewhere. I currently live in Japan and this place is not where you can easily get PR let alone passport.

Citizenship in Japan is 5 years and PR is in 3 years. Did you get in illegally? I have met some Nigerians with a japanese passport.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by chaiks: 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Tensan Baba. Glad to hear from you again after many years. I can in last year October via the MEXT scholarship for my masters. I am surprised to read about Nigerian having the passport. I have never seen any. My professor said it's hard for Japan to issue passport like Canada, and they make the conditions too stringent. This is a great motivation. I will really need to ask around about it. Thanks Baba, how is Yankee?
tensazangetsu20:

Citizenship in Japan is 5 years and PR is in 3 years. Did you get in illegally? I have met some Nigerians with a japanese passport.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
chaiks:
Tensan Baba. Glad to hear from you again after many years. I can in last year October via the MEXT scholarship for my masters. I am surprised to read about Nigerian having the passport. I have never seen any. My professor said it's hard for Japan to issue passport like Canada, and they make the conditions too stringent. This is a great motivation. I will really need to ask around about it. Thanks Baba, how is Yankee?

Your professor dey lie. When I dey ladipo I get like 3 wey get japanese passport. Gerrard59 sef dey Japan. One naija guy for this forum get the passport. I no dey Yankee, I dey naija. We no get mind to dey japa like una cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by chaiks: 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lol. I will as well like to get the passport. But there are technical part of it, you have to read and pass kanji. And you will need to forfeit your Nigerian citizenship as well. Men, that's heavy. You are back in Nigeria after studying in USA?
tensazangetsu20:

Your professor dey lie. When I dey ladipo I get like 3 wey get japanese passport. Gerrard59 sef dey Japan. One naija guy for this forum get the passport. I no dey Yankee, I dey naija. We no get mind to dey japa like una cheesy cheesy
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
chaiks:
Lol. I will as well like to get the passport. But there are technical part of it, you have to read and pass kanji. And you will need to forfeit your Nigerian citizenship as well. Men, that's heavy. You are back in Nigeria after studying in USA?

What are you keeping Nigerian citizenship for. Are you a Fulani or a cow? Aside those two groups everyone else is a third rate in naija. I never studied in the US. I dey naija since. You should be excited to learn the language though. How would you live there without knowing the language
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by binkslove: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
Good afternoon house, pls i want to apply for a Bsc program in Sweden. When can i start my application?Is there any age limit? Am 37 yrs old and I have my ND in Business Administration.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hi,

Next application opens middle of October.

There’s no age limit in education.

For Bsc, they primarily look at your WAEC. ND is a bonus.

Dm if you need any assistance.
Goodluck
binkslove:
Good afternoon house, pls i want to apply for a Bsc program in Sweden. When can i start my application?Is there any age limit? Am 37 yrs old and I have my ND in Business Administration.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by binkslove: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2023
Thank you very much, pls i will need your assistance. How can i get in touch with you? I learnt admission starts my mid October.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Bammybestowed: 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2023
binkslove:
Thank you very much, pls i will need your assistance. How can i get in touch with you? I learnt admission starts my mid October.

Type study in Sweden on telegram to join the Sweden telegram group.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Outstandingmam: 11:26am On Jun 23, 2023
Good day fine people in Sweden.

Pls how does one get from Uppsala to Tyrgatan? I want to visit the Nigerian embassy with my kids and I will stay in an Airbnb in Uppsala or Vendelso.

What's the easiest means? Bus or Uber or Bolt?

Any ideas as to cost?

@Lionize and Mobil567 can you help out with the info?

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 12:01am On Jun 24, 2023
Not sure on the costs, but your best bet is to take the train from Uppsala to Stockholm central, then use the metro or bus to the embassy. Google maps will guide you through on the direction to head. It’s not very expensive and not far from central. Let’s say 500kr for you all for the transport.

About the Airbnb, I don’t think you need to. You can get the passport the same day. Infact if you go in the morning, you will leave there before 12pm. Worst case closing hours.
Outstandingmam:
Good day fine people in Sweden.

Pls how does one get from Uppsala to Tyrgatan? I want to visit the Nigerian embassy with my kids and I will stay in an Airbnb in Uppsala or Vendelso.

What's the easiest means? Bus or Uber or Bolt?

Any ideas as to cost?

@Lionize and Mobil567 can you help out with the info?

Thanks
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 12:02am On Jun 24, 2023
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Outstandingmam: 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
Mobil567:
Not sure on the costs, but your best bet is to take the train from Uppsala to Stockholm central, then use the metro or bus to the embassy. Google maps will guide you through on the direction to head. It’s not very expensive and not far from central. Let’s say 500kr for you all for the transport.

About the Airbnb, I don’t think you need to. You can get the passport the same day. Infact if you go in the morning, you will leave there before 12pm. Worst case closing hours.

Thanks a lot for your response. I didn't know they work so fast there.
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 12:27am On Jun 29, 2023
Swedish krona is needed in exchange for NGN. If want to trade, quote this message or PM me. Tack
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Jeffrey12(m): 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
Mobil567:
Hi,

Next application opens middle of October.

There’s no age limit in education.

For Bsc, they primarily look at your WAEC. ND is a bonus.

Dm if you need any assistance.
Goodluck

Please i need your assistance in BSC application. I had my SSCE since 2015, is there a chance? Please send me your WhatsApp contact or call line
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 10:11am On Jul 21, 2023
Yes, you are good to go.
Jeffrey12:

Please i need your assistance in BSC application. I had my SSCE since 2015, is there a chance? Please send me your WhatsApp contact or call line
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Jeffrey12(m): 12:09am On Jul 22, 2023
Mobil567:
Yes, you are good to go.
can you send a mail or number i can reach you with? My nairaland DM isn’t working
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Godsknight(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
I have Msc in Operations management from Nigerian University , and by September , I willl will be done with my Msc in supply mgt in UK. With the present UK unfriendly immigration policies , and also couple with the high cost of studying Phd in UK , the I would like to start my Phd in Sweden . How is life generally in Sweden ? What is the chance of getting PR and part time job in Sweden ?.Can someone brimg dependant ? In addition , I graduated with 60+ in both Masters programs, what is chance of getting admission ? How do I go about the admission process ? IThank you
Re: Swedish Admissions And Student Visa by Mobil567: 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
Congrats on completing your Msc in uk soon.

Phd in Sweden is not the same as the UK. In U.K., you can pay to do Phd (tuition fee). Whereas in Sweden phd is like working full time in any other organisation. You will apply to the positions just as you’d apply to any full time job and if you’re accepted and employed, you will apply for a doctorate permit..

After 4 years, if you have a permanent position and apartment, you will get PR.

Yes you can bring dependent
Godsknight:
I have Msc in Operations management from Nigerian University , and by September , I willl will be done with my Msc in supply mgt in UK. With the present UK unfriendly immigration policies , and also couple with the high cost of studying Phd in UK , the I would like to start my Phd in Sweden . How is life generally in Sweden ? What is the chance of getting PR and part time job in Sweden ?.Can someone brimg dependant ? In addition , I graduated with 60+ in both Masters programs, what is chance of getting admission ? How do I go about the admission process ? IThank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (Reply)

10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.