Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court (36399 Views)

Private Car Owners Turn Commercial To Augment Fuel Money / Is It A Must For Private Car Owner To Have Road Worthiness? / LASG To Start "No Inspection, No Roadworthiness Certificate" Policy By January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Alejoas(m): 10:18am On Apr 09, 2021
sad
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Rapture4real(m): 10:19am On Apr 09, 2021
In principle, not in practice
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by capitalzero: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2021
Goke7:
that is why states like Lagos will legislate any law they want to enforce, other states go just dey do copy and paste till they mess themselves up

Thugs rule lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by channelstravel: 10:20am On Apr 09, 2021
Okay!
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Chioma99(f): 10:21am On Apr 09, 2021
dangote is a very wicked man,

let us join hands to bring down this man by all means.

how can you be this super rich and most of all your country men are poor?

why do you want to kill other industries all because of this your useless games of monopoly?

you are wicked and foolish for all this dominance on us over the years!

i want all other investors and industries to wake up and build more refinaries so we Nigerians can have enough jobs.

just go to sapele Benin city and there is no single job there.

the youths are just only lurking around playing bet9ja.

please Nigerians needs more jobs now than ever.

i think its high time we start burning down all dangote trucks and businesses nationwide

if dangote can not crash down the prize of cement i think he should pack his loads and leave this Nigeria for good and never return.

ahhhhh!

whalahi this dangote is so wicked!
i want the youths to deal mercilessly with him from today

2 Likes

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by tnerro1(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2021
Chai, does it affect Abuja VIO, cause if it does, am taking them to court sharp sharp for undue harassment. You see private car way clean like brand new, you come dey ask for road worthiness certificates, and ur pick up you park in the corner one of the wipers don fall comot and the tyre looks like they brought it 5th hand.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by LMS1(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2021
Good!, I Hate VIOs, Those Guy Have Choped My Money Severally
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 09, 2021
HALLELUJAH!! No more business for VIO in Abuja
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Tareq1105: 10:24am On Apr 09, 2021
Another one is those boys carrying stick on the road to sell local government baskets for #18,000 to space buses.

I've always known that it's illegal but they will drag you to their office.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2021
These vio, so wicked people, irrelevant taskforce everywhere.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by GreenArrow1(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2021
Very good. Time to start carrying sizeable plank inside my booth.

1 Like

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2021
Someone7:
HALLELUJAH!! No more business for VIO in Abuja
Those guys don't work there, the way they work here in lagos. they behave like touts here in lagos
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by coldFLARES1(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The law is suppose to be binding in all states now, abi no b so ni?
My knowledge of the law is limited, but I don't think so.

Ruling was delivered in the light of the extant traffic laws in Delta State at the time the case came up in 2014.

Problem now is, in the light of this judgement, if they still wish to continue the extortion, then an amendment to the law would be made at the DSHA and that settles the matter going forward.

.......and to tell you za truth: e no reach them do!
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2021
Chioma99:
dangote is a very wicked man,

let us join hands to bring down this man by all means.

how can you be this super rich and most of all your country men are poor?

why do you want to kill other industries all because of this your useless games of monopoly?

you are wicked and foolish for all this dominance on us over the years!

i want all other investors and industries to wake up and build more refinaries so we Nigerians can have enough jobs.

just go to sapele Benin city and there is no single job there.

the youths are just only lurking around playing bet9ja.

please Nigerians needs more jobs now than ever.

i think its high time we start burning down all dangote trucks and businesses nationwide

if dangote can not crash down the prize of cement i think he should pack his loads and leave this Nigeria for good and never return.

ahhhhh!

whalahi this dangote is so wicked!
i want the youths to deal mercilessly with him from today
Funny enough you can't bring down his business because its backed by federal government.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Comedian2019: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2021
I now have cameras in my car. Waiting for VIO or road Safety to jump into my car. Na to go court and cash out big time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by omonnakoda: 10:31am On Apr 09, 2021
sherishmi:
I wish this could happen in Lagos. Those VIO and FRSC wahala too plenty.
Depends on what the law is in Lagos State
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Chioma99(f): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2021
Bouz:
Funny enough you can't bring down his business because its backed by federal government.

who told you so?

where was the federal government when the youths started the #endsars movement and destroyed properties worth billions of naira
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by lexy2014: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2021
Kukukillus:
Naija always celebrating the list life impacting development, how this news take concern 80% of nigerians wey never see food chop talk less of car.

It will save those "wey never see food chop" their little funds which VIO would have taken from them all in d name of roadworthiness. So celebrate it because an individual won against d state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by lewis512(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2021
Kingofdiamond:
Audio.

Join my Cryptocurrency training starting 8pm today for free on whatsapp.

Just tag me with your number or email to be sent the group link
+234 703 870 6407
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by capitalzero: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2021
Vio has no business in staying on the roads. I don't know of any country where vio or frsc stay on the roads. It is police responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by emperorlaqrin: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2021
sherishmi:
I wish this could happen in Lagos. Those VIO and FRSC wahala too plenty.

The judgment can be relied upon also in lasos unless otherwise appealed at the higher court
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2021
Goke7:
that is why states like Lagos will legislate any law they want to enforce, other states go just dey do copy and paste till they mess themselves up
is VIO not a federal agency? Does state regulates their activities?
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by 2shaw: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2021
We must know our rights,and I got extorted by these bastards in 2014
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2021
coldFLARES1:
My knowledge of the law is limited, but I don't think so.

Ruling was delivered in the light of the extant traffic laws in Delta State at the time the case came up in 2014.

Problem now is, in the light of this judgement, if they still wish to continue the extortion, then an amendment to the law would be made at the DSHA and that settles the matter going forward.

.......and to tell you za truth: e no reach them do!
But VIO is a federal agency not state.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by dimugonabo: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2021
ActiveFx:
Story. Tell that to the white uniform people

Of course delta state people will tell the white uniform people.

Delta people no fey fear anyone, especially when they're within their rights.

1 Like

Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by olex88: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2021
Good
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by DIAMO1: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2021
Better always renew your road worthiliness o ... Some Nigerian police dont even know sitting laws , talkless of a recent court decree ... If you have power to be dragging and arguing with police no wahala ... If you are a long distance traveler , dedicate 5 hours for argument with police ...

HottieCoach:

https://thenigerialawyer.com/delta-govt-lacks-power-to-issue-road-worthiness-certificate-and-demand-levy-thereon-court-of-appeal-rules/
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by coldFLARES1(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
But VIO is a federal agency not state.
Sorry, I can't exactly situate if they're a Federal or State agency, but those dirty nuisances on white vs black uniforms in Delta are State employees.

However, my view was expressed in the light of a mention of a violation of state traffic law, R9, in the article/judgement.

The last paragraph.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by toxtimmy: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2021
A judgement here, a judgement there... Little by little victory comes.

Tomorrow you work and buy your car then this battle fought already and won means you can drive in peace.

Always support good even if e no concern you now...but be rest assured it will concern you some day in some shape or form... Wisdom and common sense, where do you stand?

Always think beyond your belly... This judgement will help people when get car save money from bribing or bailing out their cars from VIOs.... What this will translate to is more money in the pocket of these car owners to buy food for their family or even help those they care about with cash or food, lastly they will spend this money on products from market women or any small.business which will help the economy or even put food for the table of the market women etc.

To close out it will help promote good mental state of car owners .

By the way how do you train a dog?... The dog is lawlessness in Nigeria? If you answer this question well then apply your answer to Nigeria's woes and that's the solution or part of the solution.

Kukukillus:
Naija always celebrating the list life impacting development, how this news take concern 80% of nigerians wey never see food chop talk less of car.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Lcf69(m): 11:27am On Apr 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The law is suppose to be binding in all states now, abi no b so ni?

Yes it is since,the judgement was coughed out and obtained from the federal levels of the courts of the land.Bt,the supreme Court still have a say on the matter and that will finally nail it either way...... PINNED.
Re: Private Car Owners Do Not Need Roadworthiness Issued By VIO - Appeal Court by Lcf69(m): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2021
JimmyBishop:
Pls somebody help me, is this judgement applicable in Abuja too?

Yes!!! It's federal high courts judgements...... PINNED.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Spare Tyres Are Smaller Than The Normal Tyres / Mercedes-Benz Unveils The All-New 2019 G550 G-Wagon / What Makes A Car Bounce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.