Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient (21141 Views)

Polio: Senate Wants Immunization Of Children Sustained / Dead Patient Saga: Segun Arinze’s Allegations Malicious, Unverified—hospital / 5 Nurses Caught Viewing Size Of Dead Patient's Manhood In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Racoon(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2021
The Senate Committee on Health has faulted the strike embarked upon by resident doctors, asking Nigerians to hold the doctors responsible if any patient dies on account of the strike.

Chairman of the committee, Ibrahim Oloriegbe, said this during a public hearing on the ‘Federal Medical Centre, Mubi, Adamawa State (Establishment) Bill, 2021’ sponsored by Senator Aishatu Ahmed (Binani).According to him, the National Assembly made every effort to avert the strike, to no avail.

“We had a marathon meeting on March 21 and agreed on all the issues that were raised by the resident doctors,” he said, adding that three germane issues, including the payment of salary to house officers, were the major reasons they wanted to go on strike.

“The second one was what they claimed to be payment to local resident doctors, which was an aberration, but the government agreed to commence payment, which has started.”

He said most of the other issues that were raised were not even issues within the purview of the Federal Government because they were issues of state governments.

According to him, there are issues that relate to things that happened in 2014, 2015, which the Federal Ministry of Finance reportedly said that a committee had been set up to look at them.

“So we are surprised that the resident doctors went on strike. However, we are not reneging. My counterparts in the House of Representatives are meeting with the resident doctors,” Oloriegbe said. He appealed to the doctors to go back to work.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/senate-wants-doctors-held-responsible-for-any-dead-patient/

4 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Emmanuelcann: 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
Who is to be held responsible for kidnappings and deaths at the hands of herdsmen and bandits?

234 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by culf: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2021
corrupt old men....

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by pyyxxaro: 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
The name of the OP is RACOON grin

9 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Racoon(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
Pay doctors they said no.Make the hospitals work, no they wont.So it now the same hospitals these stupid Senators will not patronize but wants poorly staffed and paid healthcare workers and populace to suffer and die?

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Oluolad86(f): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
Racoon:
Pay doctors they said no.Make the hospitals work, no they wont.So it now the same hospitals these stupid Senators will not patronize but wants poorly staffed and paid healthcare workers and populace to suffer and die?

These people are heartless. They have money that they can easily fly overseas for health care. God is watching them cry cry cry cry

Please I need your help on my heart issues please

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by FalseProphet1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
And who holds them responsible for the suffering and unchallenged killings across the country? Very useless government. I see all of them dying of strange aliment before the end of this year. This I have seen.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by ABCthings: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
Small breeze blow now....They don go UK

Meanwhile I will cartoon your pics. for N500
WhatsApp: 09076082818 ABCthings

8 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by ChizzyBuna(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
Especially all those yeye doctors wey go Ukraine, Cyprus, China to study medicine.

Dem go learn rubbish
Comeback Nigeria dey kill patients with quackery.

Na God go judge all you quack doctors nonesense!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Stomoney(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
Everything about this country is a game. What a failed nation undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Patrioticman007(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
Who is to be held responsible for kidnappings and deaths at the hands of herdsmen and bandits?

Complete the list please, or are Bunkerers, IPOB, ESN, UGM, Baby factories CEO's. Saints doing Mazi Kanu Nnamdi job ?.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Olarewaju89: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
See them... Bunch of idiots undecided

Is that the issue affecting the country now

Those people are wasting our money with their useless preliminary sessions.

How can one person stole this huge money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Sensitivity: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Your brain dey pepper you. So who should be held responsible for bad governance❓

7 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Bestdesign05: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Okay
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Jusrox: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ok

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by kendrick93(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
Quack doctors demanding better pay..
laughable
Most Nigerian doctors are useless anyway,
so many deaths could have been averted if we had competent medical practitioners..

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by englishmart(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
Thunder mixed with some bags of Amadioha fire them

#bantilosha

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Juanmike(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
T
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
E be like say one senator mama just die.

On a serious note, doctors can, because of this, begin refusing to try saving people's lives o.

After all, doctor no be God. E no fit determine who go die. In own na to try epp de pessin weda e fit survive.

People have recovered with a slim chance of life because doctors didn't just give up on them. Doctors still perform surgery with less than 50% chance of survival and patients still make it.

With this stupid Senate's pursuit, a lot of people who could otherwise be saved will be doomed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by wale377(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Lmaoo you no get good facilities you wan dey blame doctors we dey succeed for abroad

Make unna gettattt

4 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Coldie(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Give them their money abeg. Na only una go chop
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Dreambeat: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Thank God I took that very important step years back. Na this thing I for dey face?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Sharptouch22: 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Marvieduke(f): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
Thunder fire those senators wey dey in charge of health issues, imagine the rubbish they are spilling out of their smelling mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by jidxin(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
I think one of their own is dead from negligence of a doctor
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Azurevermillion: 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
grin grin grin ; angry Nigeria matter just tire me.
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
Racoon:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/senate-wants-doctors-held-responsible-for-any-dead-patient/
The senators should also be held for looting billions and milking the country dry from the collosal salaries and allowances they get by sleeping and snoring. Esp the flat heads Igbos and Yoruba sellouts among them

4 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by lonecatt(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2021
Re: Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient by Eagles92(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Change A Tooth. / Best Cure For Bumps/keloid, After Shave Rash & Other Skin Bacteria Infections. / Coronavirus: South Africa Reports First Case Of Deadly Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.