Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State (38966 Views)

Hiking Idere Hills - The New Tourist Attraction In Oyo State / Tourist Attraction Sites In Anambra.. Places You Should Visit / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by KingOdart(m): 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

The beauty is not complete without the alluring brown roofs .

Typical Nyamirin suffering from inferiority complex

South East beauty is not complete without Red mud Potopoto and brown roofs

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by OlawaleBammie: 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
KoshCAD:
You dey mind that one. He thought ondo is Anambra where they pound baby for ritual.
grin grin grin grin

That side ehn!!

Toddlers and infants are endangered species of humans

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Cerebellum: 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

The beauty is not complete without the alluring brown roofs .
You're a Oponugrin
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by smile11s(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
I’m Catholic but I don’t understand why they put a white woman as Mary instead of black. We must all go back to our African roots. This foreign religion is nonsense.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by DeAlphaMale(m): 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

Note: praying or worshipping on a status is automatically an idolatry.

And what Catholic churches are doing are actually idolatry.

Second note: "Virgin Mary mother of God" MARY IS NO LONGER A VIRGIN WHEN SHE GAVE BIRTH TO OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST

Mary also gave birth to longer ones, so why are we still calling her virgin undecided

I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND LIFE, NO ONE COMES THROUGH THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME!

Catholic churches is just a idol worshipers.
Ain't nobody worshipping these status bro

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Funkeshuga(m): 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Beautiful but I can bet my left balls that if that place is searched very well,Dem go must discover human skulls wey Dem don dey mine pass

Na who no value him life go go that kind place...Coded place like this,I dey fear Dem well well..

you people have a way of badmouthing Yoruba just because you're suffering from low self esteem

take care of your low self esteem, no Yoruba made your region a stagnant region
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Jamesrock(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2021
Aburada:
Oke Maria is in Otan Ayegbaju Osun state

That’s for osun, Ondo state own is in Oka Akoko, Lagos state own is in Maryland, Lagos, Ogun state own is in Iwopin town

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by GiantParrot(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2021
simplesearch:
Deception and deceit, demon disguising as Mary to deceive the gullible. Mary like any other mortar is dead and buried, and will never again have the power to appear to anyone anywhere till the end of the world, having conclusively played the part apportioned her by God. Our only center of our attraction is and should be christ alone, anything else is idolatory and vain worship.

Who is this demon you say is disguising as the Virgin Mary. You seem to be very confident in your knowledge of such things.

Where is your evidence that Mary is dead and buried like every other mortal, even though most Christians would agree that Enoch and Elijah were mortals who did not see death. If you have no evidence, then it would seem that you are so arrogant to believe that truth cannot exist outside your imagination.

Who are you to decide who will and will not appear to anyone anywhere in the world? It is written that at Christ's death, some saints arose from the dead and appeared to people. The names of those saints were not written, like many other things that are not captured in what we have as the Bible today. Who are you to place limits on what can be and what can't be?

Who are you to decide the boundaries of what God's role for the Virgin Mary is? Paul says that in this world, we can only know in part. But you speak with the confidence of one who knows in full, as though God had a special session with you where all mysteries were revealed. Perhaps you have fully understood the mystery of Revelations 12.

You are certainly correct to say that the center of a Christian's attraction is Christ. But who are you to place boundaries on how Christ chooses to draw people towards the center? Whether He chooses to use those on earth, angels or those in heaven as mediums for His purpose, who are you to decide His ways?

2 Likes

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2021
What a beautiful site to behold smiley

I remember how we used to go clear the grasses on the field there in prep for the annual pilgrimage as secondary school students then.

And how my friends and I grin would roam the entire length and breath of the venue during the event...

I hope the horrific road that leads to the venue coming from down town (Iwaro) has gotten intervention from the government.

It's a nice place to be. And for some who are confusing Oka to Ondo town. Oka is a different town from Ondo town within the state.

Regarding whether paying homage to the statue is idolatry - What does your Bible tells you about making images for yourselves and worshiping them?
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Smooth278(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

Second note: "Virgin Mary mother of God" MARY IS NO LONGER A VIRGIN WHEN SHE GAVE BIRTH TO OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST

Mary also gave birth to longer ones, so why are we still calling her virgin undecided

I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND LIFE, NO ONE COMES THROUGH THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME!

RIP English!!!
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by danietohbadt(m): 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

Na you deflower Mary?
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by flames01: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
!

But you worship your pastors, don't you? What does that make you, human worshipper, right?

I am a Catholic and I don't worship idol.

What revealed that rubbish to you? The spirit of God or that of your father the devil?
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by flames01: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
DeAlphaMale:

Ain't nobody worshipping these status bro

Womenareapes1 is one of those mentally eroded people, who swallow everything someone else tell them without adequate research. So long as that lie fits their Preferred narratives, they will swallow it.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by TheSociopath(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

I'm sure you're one of the people that attend churches where pastors fart on their head to receive healing

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by ebenezerdaniel(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
omo oka akoko atata ni mi
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Florenzo222(f): 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
So beautiful
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by caracas: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

I don’t think I should waste my precious time with a dummy like you. Pls any one that has time should teach this ignoramus some lessons
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by caracas: 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2021
divineappo:
exactly
Your level of ignorance stinks
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Jamesrock(m): 9:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
What a beautiful site to behold smiley

I remember how we used to go clear the grasses on the field there in prep for the annual pilgrimage as secondary school students then.

And how my friends and I grin would roam the entire length and breath of the venue during the event...

I hope the horrific road that leads to the venue coming from down town (Iwaro) has gotten intervention from the government.

It's a nice place to be. And for some who are confusing Oka to Ondo town. Oka is a different town from Ondo town within the state.

Regarding whether paying homage to the statue is idolatry - What does your Bible tells you about making images for yourselves and worshiping them?

Read “Rome Sweet Home”
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by womenareapes1: 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2021
danietohbadt:

Na you deflower Mary?
I believed Mary's husband penetrated her, so she conceived another son and there after constant penetration by her husband.

will you still called her Virgin? undecided

looking at it scientifically, when she was giving birth to Jesus Christ, as soon as his head came out from her vagina, she was no longer a Virgin.

simple thinking.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by KoshCAD: 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
grin grin grin grin

That side ehn!!

Toddlers and infants are endangered species of humans
I tell you.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by divineappo(m): 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2021
caracas:

Your level of ignorance stinks
you are swimming in ignorance and religious stubbornness

Go and read: Acts 1:14, Mary the Mother of JESUS was a Christian, she followed other believers to the temple to receive the Holy Ghost, infact, the Mary you worship actually accepted JESUS into her life as her Lord and Saviour

So, praying to, and worshipping Mary is the highest form of foolishness, ignorance and idolatry that anyone can think about

My Brother, u are swimming in ignorance

If you don't have any single scripture to support your stupid Catholic practice, get the hell out of Nairaland
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by THONYWHYTE001: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

Oga, live them to their belief, since you are the holy one face your front.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Hallabee1(m): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2021
SimplyFacts:
This reminds me of our visit to Olumirin Waterfall, Erin-Ijesha. It was fun climbing the hill to the top, but no longer funny on our way down. The ladies who managed to get to the top started crying, claiming they couldn't descend. We just had to encourage them & told them not to look at the seemed-bottomless ground. While this was going on, I was having just a prayer point in my mind - "God, if you could help me get down unhurt & meet my family in peace, I wouldn't try climbing a hill so high again in my life" grin. I think my signature 'simplyfacts was here' should still be on the old walls

Tourism is bae,,, I would really love to spend my leisure at tourist centres.

aje...

you be lazy man, just that small mountain ...

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Hallabee1(m): 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2021
Sonnobax15:

Lol

look well,for the last pic...you go see the brown roof...Dem be like linesmen for there

aje..
I don't think you are ok
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Hallabee1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
Jamesrock:
I usually visit this mountain top to pray back then in my university days at AAUA Ondo...
My prayers Dey answer for here wella

Aje...
now koor
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by caracas: 12:58am On Apr 10, 2021
divineappo:
you are swimming in ignorance and religious stubbornness

Go and read: Acts 1:14, Mary the Mother of JESUS was a Christian, she followed other believers to the temple to receive the Holy Ghost, infact, the Mary you worship actually accepted JESUS into her life as her Lord and Saviour

So, praying to, and worshipping Mary is the highest form of foolishness, ignorance and idolatry that anyone can think about

My Brother, u are swimming in ignorance

If you don't have any single scripture to support your stupid Catholic practice, get the hell out of Nairaland
Chai!
Never have I seen this kind of ignorance in my history as a nairalander. I don’t even know where to start from in educating you, cos your level of ignorance is so deep.
Was it idolatry when God commanded Moses to mould a golden snake for the ppl of Israelites to look at it and be saved?
Was it idolatry when God commanded Aaron to create the ark of covenant using the images? While you are at it remember the ark of convenant represented God in the tabernacle .
Even our lord Jesus believed in images, when he said to the Pharisee “ do you have a coin?whose image is this? Then give to Caesar what belongs to Cesar “
For your info our lord Jesus was the first to creat an image of the cross for saint benedict during the latter’s quest to defeat the enemies of Christ.
The problem with most of you is that you read the Bible n get yourselves more confused.....
For your info Catholics don’t worship Mary , we venerate n honor her.
You hypocrites worship n honor your so called Gos , not minding if he is a sinner or not, you go to your pastors for prayers n deliverance..... yet you condemn Catholics for honoring n venerating the mother of God, The queen of heaven, the one assumed into heaven, the one God hailed as the blessed amongst all women n full of grace. The one to crush the head of the serpent,the one that sits silently in heaven beside her son, The queen of the apostles n all the saints...etc

OUR LADY QUEEN OF PERPETUAL HELP ,
PRAY FOR US

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Jamesilvar(m): 3:20am On Apr 10, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

Instead of talking rubbish, seek insight and understanding to things beyond your comprehension.
I pity you.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by dalass(f): 6:37am On Apr 10, 2021
womenareapes1:
Juju people angry

You portray yourself as a Christian yet call creation of God ( women) piece of shit! I wonder who gave birth to you? She must be a piece of shit too except you fell from the sky like Satan did!

undecided
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by dalass(f): 6:48am On Apr 10, 2021
caracas:

Chai!
Never have I seen this kind of ignorance in my history as a nairalander. I don’t even know where to start from in educating you, cos your level of ignorance is so deep.
Was it idolatry when God commanded Moses to mould a golden snake for the ppl of Israelites to look at it and be saved?
Was it idolatry when God commanded Aaron to create the ark of covenant using the images? While you are at it remember the ark of convenant represented God in the tabernacle .
Even our lord Jesus believed in images, when he said to the Pharisee “ do you have a coin?whose image is this? Then give to Caesar what belongs to Cesar “
For your info our lord Jesus was the first to creat an image of the cross for saint benedict during the latter’s quest to defeat the enemies of Christ.
The problem with most of you is that you read the Bible n get yourselves more confused.....
For your info Catholics don’t worship Mary , we venerate n honor her.
You hypocrites worship n honor your so called Gos , not minding if he is a sinner or not, you go to your pastors for prayers n deliverance..... yet you condemn Catholics for honoring n venerating the mother of God, The queen of heaven, the one assumed into heaven, the one God hailed as the blessed amongst all women n full of grace. The one to crush the head of the serpent,the one that sits silently in heaven beside her son, The queen of the apostles n all the saints...etc

OUR LADY QUEEN OF PERPETUAL HELP ,
PRAY FOR US

No where is it written that a Saint or any man/ woman should be prayed to. God has a listening ear and His hands are not short..

The brazen serpent was to be looked upon not knelt or prayed to. It was a one time event and it was destroyed when it turned into an object of worship... Hezekiah the righteous king destroyed it cos it had turned into an idol in 2Kings18:4.

Even the ark of the covenant and all its images had been taken away (removed from.earth) because it had turned into an object of worship for the people of God

I went to.a Catholic school and one statue of Mary is an idol because I see Catholic rush to its front, kneel and worship it... Simply idolatry... All the statues made of Mary and the apostles including that of Jesus should all be thrown out.. You don't need them to pray to the Almighty God!
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by wirecandy: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2021
The hypothesis is expressing that there are such countless amazing effects of the kid advancement in the cerebrum and comprehension of the youngsters since they are defeating through a few hypochondriacs in their mind and in this way they ready to build up a mental and enthusiastic comprehension with others present in the house. wire candy Numerous difficulties have been presented in the actual hypothesis with the goal that he can put a solid establishment to demonstrate his hypothesis and thusly, it has been presented a few times in regards to the mental and enthusiastic improvement of the youngster.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by womenareapes1: 8:47am On Apr 10, 2021
dalass:

You portray yourself as a Christian yet call creation of God ( women) piece of shit! I wonder who gave birth to you? She must be a piece of shit too except you fell from the sky like Satan did!

undecided
go take banana!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Most RACIST Countries? / Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS / US Government Removes Visa Reciprocity Fees For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.