Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Be Ye Holy For I Am Holy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Ye Holy For I Am Holy (128 Views)

The Lord Is Not My Shepherd For I Am Not A Sheep / Be Ye Holy- A Message To Believers / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Ye Holy For I Am Holy by livingchrist: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Leviticus 11:45
For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

Just as God brought the israelities out of Egypt the land of bondage so God has saved us from the kingdom of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of his son.

1 Peter 1:16
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Having passed through the fundamental stage in christianity, the believer is to move on into perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord, in order word sanctification.

Yes as Christians we are were sanctified by virtue of our salvation but again sanctification is in our day to day living (conversation), we are called into holiness not into uncleaness such as sexual fornication in midst of a world that glorifies so called sexual liberation, we have being called to pattern our life after the christ who is the image of God.

Ephesians 4:25, 28-29, 31-32 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We have are called to put away the old man with lying, stealing, selfishness, corrupt words, bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, malice
Rather we should speak the truth at all times, should look for a honest work, edifying communication our words should minister grace, we should be tender hearted, easily forgive.

These things are pleasing to God our saviour, when we do the opposite we grieve his holy spirit.

We are called to be like God, Holiness means to be separate from sin, therefore we should separate ourselves from every ungodliness and iniquity.

Godliness reflects in our day to day conversation and communication.

I have heard some people say that dressing does not matter in as much heart is pure, well the purity of heart is also reflected outside, our dressing is a way of communicating, a corrupt dressing such as sexually provocative dressing, dressing like a thug, cross dressing, so called revolutionary dressing to reflect the corrupt systems, including tattoos, hairstyles that reflect this corrupt age, these are all part of the corrupt communication that we should do away with.

We should be separate from this dark world not imitators of it, in th name of moving with the times,
God is Holy, therefore we should be holy!
Re: Be Ye Holy For I Am Holy by livingchrist: 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hello
Re: Be Ye Holy For I Am Holy by Kobojunkiee: 1:13am On Apr 11, 2021
livingchrist:
Leviticus 11:45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
Just as God brought the israelities out of Egypt the land of bondage so God has saved us from the kingdom of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of his son.
1 Peter 1:16
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Having passed through the fundamental stage in christianity, the believer is to move on into perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord, in order word sanctification.
What is this fundamental stage of Christianity that you speak of and how does such one move from that stage into what you call the perfecting stage? Is this process a passive process- no requiring any action on the part of the believer? undecided
livingchrist:
Yes as Christians we are were sanctified by virtue of our salvation but again sanctification is in our day to day living (conversation), we are called into holiness not into uncleaness such as sexual fornication in midst of a world that glorifies so called sexual liberation, we have been called to pattern our life after the Christ who is the image of God.
Oh, so you do indeed actively work towards avoiding/resisting the temptation to sin in your lives? undecided
livingchrist:
Ephesians 4:25, 28-29, 31-32 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We have are called to put away the old man with lying, stealing, selfishness, corrupt words, bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, malice
Rather we should speak the truth at all times, should look for a honest work, edifying communication our words should minister grace, we should be tender hearted, easily forgive.

These things are pleasing to God our saviour, when we do the opposite we grieve his holy spirit.
Interesting! So you do obey commandments given you in Paul's letters but just not the commandments expressed directly in the teachings of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law Himself?undecided
livingchrist:
We are called to be like God, Holiness means to be separate from sin, therefore we should separate ourselves from every ungodliness and iniquity.
And Jesus Christ, in His teaching, told you that you should do as He did, but rather than accept(trust) and obey Him, you chose instead to obey Paul? undecided
This has become even more interesting.
livingchrist:
Godliness reflects in our day to day conversation and communication.

I have heard some people say that dressing does not matter in as much heart is pure, well the purity of heart is also reflected outside, our dressing is a way of communicating, a corrupt dressing such as sexually provocative dressing, dressing like a thug, cross dressing, so called revolutionary dressing to reflect the corrupt systems, including tattoos, hairstyles that reflect this corrupt age, these are all part of the corrupt communication that we should do away with.

We should be separate from this dark world not imitators of it, in th name of moving with the times,
God is Holy, therefore we should be holy!
So, even though Jesus Christ does not command any codes as far as your worldly appearance/dressing/skincare, etc. is concerned, it matters little to you what Jesus Christ said because, in the letters of the one you follow, Paul, you find it written that such things as dress code and manner of conversation, and all other things, not included in the Law, Jesus Christ, count? undecided
This is very interesting indeed!

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan 2021: 7 Important Apps For Muslims Observing The Holy Islamic Month / Anniversary Of Satguru MAHARAJ JI Village / Take It To God In Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.