Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness (23103 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Says It's Wrong To Use Feminism As An Excuse To Insult A Man / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Goldenheart(m): 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Namoosky(m): 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nairaland Feminists where at thou?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Mpanyi: 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
BluDesk:
Adichie is a lost cause. She should just stick to her lifting contents and earning some bucks out of it and leave society alone

Can't understand what you meant. She talked sense. Didn't she? Let's start from there first so I can understand you.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Franzinni: 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
Femi. Nism

A good idea with horrible interpretation.

This woman said the truth and no one can take it from her

Being a slay mama is different being a strong woman who can be a role model for generations to come ..

If you are a feminist and all you do is twerk on social media .. I pity u.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Danny50: 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nonsense
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by dfrost: 1:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
JaneYave:
In-depth understanding is needed if one must understand this woman and Woke Soyinka.

Her stance on feminism made her different from Kongi please.

She should pick a side already. That you are known in a field as an expert doesn't give you the right to wade into every matter.

Albeit an old clip, but it shows she's just playing to the gallery. Appear nice to certain folks.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by sylve11: 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
BluDesk:
Adichie is a lost cause. She should just stick to her lifting contents and earning some bucks out of it and leave society alone

easy na brother! sad cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by openmine(m): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
cheesy cheesy

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by charlesucheh(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
Aunty Chi,

Let me rephrase for you; IT SHOULD BE, DONT USE FEMINISM TO JUSTIFY YOUR STUPIDITY.

IN THE NIGERIAN CONTEXT, MOST WOMEN WHO FLAUNT FEMINISM ARE ACTUALLY EXHIBITING STUPIDITY THEY LATER REGRET IN THE FUTURE.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by sniperr007(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
BluDesk:

Of what use is money and fame when you can't affect society and make a change no matter how small it is.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by GitmoAuditors: 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
BluDesk:

Stop spewing nonsense. Why call her a lost cause? Which material did she lift? Give us one example. Can you achieve even .0% of the international ranking she has achieved in the world as a writer?

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by BluDesk: 1:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
GitmoAuditors:

Stop spewing nonsense. Why call her a lost cause? Which material did she lift? Give us one example. Can you achieve even .0% of the international ranking she has achieved in the world as a writer?

Hahaha. Adichie in ten million years won't near my 1%

Wait for the revelation 2022.

Get off my. Mention fvcktard

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by GitmoAuditors: 1:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
BluDesk:

ahaha. Adichie in ten million years won't near my 1%
Wait for the revelation 202Get off my. Mention fvcktard

You are an ordinary hungry frustrated vagabond that lives on nairaland. Do you have any other life outside nairaland other than being a bitter envious fvctard. Show us who you are and the class of people you sit with. Clown

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Duplexxx: 1:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Where your signature dey make i scanner am
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by jaxxy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
WifeBeater:
Unfortunately, Nigerian feminists have turned your message upside down, Ngọzi.

Wives are now dragging headship with their husbands.

They now watch Zee World while their husbands cook the meals.

Local man is angry, WifeBeater is angrier.

But the oga kpata kpata of them all are those fools called SIMPS. Men who have refused to swallow the Red Pill. They prefer to remain slaves to daughters of Eve.

All Simpsons should be castrated unless they accept the gospel of Ubunja's Red Pill.

I took the Red Pill now I am an alpha male.

I gave my bingo the Red Pill and now he's an alpha male and impregnates all the neighborhood bítches.

Why have Simpsons refused to take the Red Pill?

Just like feminists u have missed or abused the idea of Alpha male.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by pickatyou1: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
Toke makinwa won't like this.

I use PiggyVest to save & invest securely. Sign up with my link and get ₦1,000.00 to start your own savings journey - https://www.piggyvest.com/?newref=1&ref=58bce426470321
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by SmartPolician: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
phygo89:
My Daughter's namesake

She originally coined the name grin grin grin

Indeed, if you are not creative, you have no business being a writer.

Writing transcends putting words together to make sense.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by BluDesk: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
GitmoAuditors:

You are an ordinary hungry frustrated vagabond that lives on nairaland. Do you have any other life outside nairaland other than being a bitter envious fvctard. Show us who you are and people you sit with. Clown

Yawns. E choke you
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by GitmoAuditors: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
BluDesk:

E choke me

Ok oo
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by OMOJOHN001: 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
If you find any girl that claim feminist.
Just don't try to relate with her, not even a single word.
You will see how useless she will feel.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Gerrard59(m): 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nigerian feminism is fraudulently dishonest and hypocritically inconsistent. Bunch of refined Olodos who have perched on TwitterNG where they display their wickedness. However, what makes me happy is that in the real world especially in the world's poverty capital, no one cares about their mumbo-jumbo ideologies. When they are done chanting "death to men", they retire to their generator powered homes in Abuja after drinking soakaway water in Lekki and inhaling soot filled oxygen in Port-Harcourt.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
The future is virginal people
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Firstnebo: 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
crossfm:
If only our wanna be feminists will listen.

They fall back to feministic ideology to unleash their dark side.
They want to be above men,but treat their domestic staff's as slaves.Wish their in-laws were dead.

My motto is love and respect for the individual in a relationship. And of course the golden rule.

The Golden Rule is the principle of treating others as one wants to be treated. It is a maxim that is found in most religions and cultures.[1] It can be considered an ethic of reciprocity in some religions, although different religions treat it differently.

The maxim may appear as a positive or negative injunction governing conduct:

Treat others as you would like others to treat you (positive or directive form)
Do not treat others in ways that you would not like to be treated (negative or prohibitive form)[1]
What you wish upon others, you wish upon yourself.

There is no negative form to the way Jesus used it.

His own version is "do to others as you would like to be done to you"

Why did I say it has no negative form to it?

What he is practically saying, is not "do to others as you would like to be done to you NOW". Which some people have found the negative form to. Example, they say "I don't want this particular person to greet me, I don't greet him as well".

But Jesus words is rightly interpreted as "do to others as you would like be done to you, IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SHOES". So in this instance, it is likely very noticeable, there can never be a negative form to it.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by pinkygurl(f): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Unfortunate alot of Nigerian audio feminist are guilty of that, majority of them have been used and dumped by men, but still they can't do without dicks.
Which kind moniker be this
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Ikukuudo: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ok, they have heard. cool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by fredoooooo: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nothing feminist in my own dictionary
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Jessepaid(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
hehehe...

bottom line is...

a woman will only behave feminist to a man that allows it...

if you like keep dragging yourself for interview wey don end since..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Firstnebo: 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
Gerrard59:
Nigerian feminism is fraudulently dishonest and hypocritically inconsistent. Bunch of refined Olodos who have perched on TwitterNG where they display their wickedness. However, what makes me happy is that in the real world especially in the world's poverty capital, no one cares about their mumbo-jumbo ideologies. When they are done chanting "death to men", they retire to their generator powered homes in Abuja after drinking soakaway water in Lekki and inhaling soot filled oxygen in Port-Harcourt.

Hmm.

My brother please enlighten me more on what you mean by "soak away" water in Lekki.

I was in Lagos earlier this year (Jakande, Lekki side), and the water I was fetching, even though it was 100 naira for 25 litters, was slimy in feel.

Please enlighten me on this
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by crossfm: 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
Firstnebo:

There is no negative form to the way Jesus used it.

His own version is "do to others as you would like to be done to you"

Why did I say it has no negative form to it?

What he is practically saying, is not "do to others as you would like to be done to you NOW". Which some people have found the negative form to. Example, they say "I don't want this particular person to greet me, I don't greet him as well".

But Jesus words is rightly interpreted as "do to others as you would like be done to you, IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SHOES". So in this instance, it is likely very noticeable, there can never be a negative form to it.

In my write up I never made mention of Jesus Christ position on the golden rule.I did that because I assume I was addressing people from different religion,including atheists.

Thanks for your input.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by Firstnebo: 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2021
crossfm:

In my write up I never made mention of Jesus Christ position on the golden rule.I did that because I assume I was addressing people from different religion,including atheists.

Thanks for your input.

You are welcome. I like talking about things I learnt from bible research.

Life is short. And youth, shorter!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Don't Use Feminism To Justify Your Wickedness by higgs: 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
So true.There are a lot of them out there

Meet 'chidera Okolie' - 24 Year-old Barrister & Award Winning Writer / "I Named My Granddaughter Chimamanda" Spanish Fan Tells Chimamanda Adichie / JUST FOR LOVE >> Zeemah Writes