Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,434 members, 7,801,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

9 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Weekend - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 9 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Weekend (123 Views)

9 Ways To Become More Productive And Successful In 2022 / .::Back In The Days Pictures To Enjoy Your Weekend::. / Braid Styles To Inspire Your Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Weekend by AbasiofofonUdoh(m): 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
Do you remember breaktime in school?
Exactly...
Weekend is breaktime. It is time you take a break from your super busy schedule, chill and relax from all the stress of the week.
To make the most of our weekend you must change your mind and approach concerning weekends...treat your weekend like a mini vacation.
Here are 9 ways to make the most of your weekend;

1. Start with a weekend plan
Plan your weekend much like you plan your week. What you don't plan well you don't enjoy well. When you fail to plan you end up like a plant...stationed at a spot.
Start the weekend knowing exactly what you hope to achieve. Without a plan you are hopeless.
Part of my plan this weekend is to write 10 to 15 posts.

2. Complete chores beforehand
It is typical to schedule some of your chores for weekend, but this will likely rob you of your weekend time.
To maximize the weekend, see if you can block out time during the week to complete some tasks on your to-do list.
To maximize my weekend, oftentimes I do a load of laundry on Friday evenings. By this I pay attention to myself and other more important things over the weekend, and still have quality time to rest and get set for the following week.

3. Allow some free time
Filling your weekend with all kinds of productive activities can be fun, but to the extreme, the workload can take its toll on you both mentally and physically. Instead, set aside some time for yourself to chill and recharge your mind, soul and body in any way you find relaxing. You can read a book, see a movie, play some games or listen to music.

4. Reflect
Weekend like any mini vacation is a time to reflect on your life, your dreams, your aspirations, your achievements. Make the most of your weekend by sitting back to reflect how much you have accomplished over the week and over the course of your life lately.
This should be done more often, but after a long stressful week, weekend is a good time to do some self-analysis and personal reflection.
Where am I in my life’s journey? How much of my goals for this year have I accomplished so far? How is my relationship life? How am I doing financially? Where do I start from with respect to that project? These and more can form part of your reflection.

5. Master a new skill
Weekend could be school time if you care about making the most of it. Use the excess free time to learn and master a new skill.
Weekend starts typically from 6pm on Friday and ends at 6am on Monday. That’s 60 hours of free time in a weekend, and 240 hours in 4 weekends in a month. So, if you block out just 8 hours every weekend to learn a new skill, you would have spent 32 hours by month end to learn a new skill. That’s not bad at all.
I like to advice; don’t just learn any skill, learn a high income skill…like copywriting, programming, public speaking, graphics designing.

6. Spend quality time with the people you love
Your precious weekend could be time to spend with your precious people - your family and friends. Give them your time. Let them feel your presence. Put a call through to those that are afar off.
The best time to show you care about anybody is when they’re still alive. Make the most of your weekend and show your friends and family some deep love. Let your kids know that daddy is around. Let your wife know that her hubby is in the house.

7. Exercise
I do more workouts over the weekend and it pays off really well. I feel healthier and stronger.
Weekend is a good time to exercise around your home or hit the gym for some workout. This is a good way to get your mind, soul and body ready for the week ahead. Exercise is essential for your physical and psychological strength.

8. Reduce sleep time
Weekend is not time to sleep your life away. Too much sleep over the weekend can lead to poor performance in the coming week. Research has shown that sleeping too much can reduce cognitive ability and reasoning skills. That is, too much sleep leads to poor performance.
Reduce your sleep time and increase your productivity time.

9. Set the next week in perspective
Weekend is the best time to set the tone for the next week. Draw out your schedule, strategize and map out your moves for the next week.
Your results in the following week is a reflection of your preparation over the weekend.

Weekend is good time to add real value to your life and the life of others around you. Follow the steps above and make the most of every weekend.
Be the best!!

Abasiofofon Udoh
Chief Peak Performance Officer

(1) (Reply)

Writer Needed / Danze Poised To Deepen Infrastructural Developments In Gwagwarada / Quality Garard Milan Stone Coated Steel Roof Tile With Warranty Period Of Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.