Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,633 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing (1239 Views)

Joe Igbokwe : They Say I Have A Striking Resemblance With The Ousted Malian Pres / Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Attend AFCON clash between Nigeria and Cameroon / Buhari, Kachikwu At The Signing Of Bilateral Agreement Between Nigeria And Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
Recently, I was prompted to go re-read Animal Farm, that popular allegorical book written by George Orwell in 1946. I still enjoy it with its striking analogy to Nigeria's socio-political condition.

it's a short story with powerful message of how the wise dominate the stupid, and perpetuate inhumanity against man, just that in this case it was animal against animal, though the message was for humans.
You can picture Nigeria vividly from the pages and characters of the book.
Nigerias constitution is no better than the commandment rashly and dubiously put together by the cunning pigs for the animal farm. Lol
Our politicians are the Pigs, the police are the dogs who hate dissenting voice always an instruments to silent opposition. While the Nigerian masses are the stupid illiterate animals..I swear we aren't better...While Napoleon is Buhari...
Meanwhile, Boxers and the rest of the horses are like the civil servant with nothing to show for their hard labour and the zombie APC/PDP supporters are the "Sheep" who are always asslicking Buhari and Tinubu. What a striking parallel! Its like George Orwell was a Nigerian while writing the book.
Snowball is someone like Sowore, Nnamdi Kanu and other genuine freedom fighters who have great visions for the country, but they are the ones being chased around by the dogs, the security outfit of Napoleon, and being tarnish by media apparatus headed by 'Squealer' lol..Squeler is the Lai Mohammed of our time who can call white black and lie against even Jesus himself.
Meanwhile, Moses the raven is our present day Pastors who promise us justice and enjoyment when we reach heaven, so he told the suffering animals that SugarCandy mountain up beyond the cloud is an heaven waiting for them. Hmm
Nigeria is surely a twin replica of Manors farm owned by Mr Jones who can be likened as our British colonial master who was later driven away while the politicians, the pigs, who took over the farm and later at the end described it as a joint enterprise company being owned by the pigs, just the way the ruling Fulani run Nigeria like it's their company..Lol
It's amazing a book written in 1946 before Nigeria even had her independence could depict its condition so perfectly

No wonder Nnamdi Kanu Christien it a befiting name - Zoo- a Better metaphor.
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Hintona(f): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2021
Read this book in my Jss1, haven't reread it since then. I used to compare it to Nigeria too.

The humans in the novel are the British colonizers.
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hintona:
Read this book in my Jss1, haven't reread it since then. I used to compare it to Nigeria too.

The humans in the novel are the British colonizers.
Yes.
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by peropoliet(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
Cooldiipo:
All animals are...
are equal but some are more equal than others

1 Like

Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by MJBOLT: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
The zombies are like Boxer the horse,no matter what they will support their oppressors grin
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by chatinent: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
The difference is that more of the masses in Nigeria's case aren't stupid. Some people only made themselves more equal than others.
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
chatinent:
The difference is that more of the masses in Nigeria's case aren't stupid. Some people only made themselves more equal than others.
Nigerian masses are very stupid... believe me..
1. They believe in going to heaven to get their justice and retribution.... Islam and Christians alike....just like many of the animals were convinceed of Sugarcandy mountain.

2. They are stupid to see APC and PDP is same, come 2023, majority will still vote for the perpetuation of APC or PDP.....
3...They are so stupid to see the cunningness and trap of their constitution, just like the animals couldn't see in their commandment that was used to fool them.....
4...They are so stupid they quickly forget past memories of oppression and evil doing of their leaders, they will still praise same leader and reelect them...
the majority of Nigerians are foolish including many educated ones even on Nairaland here

2 Likes

Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by chatinent: 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
NiRfreak:

Nigerian masses are very stupid... believe me..
1. They believe in going to heaven to get their justice and retribution.... Islam and Christians alike....just like many of the animals were convinceed of Sugarcandy mountain.

2. They are stupid to see APC and PDP is same, come 2023, majority will still vote for the perpetuation of APC or PDP.....
3...They are so stupid to see the cunningness and trap of their constitution, just like the animals couldn't see in their commandment that was used to fool them.....
4...They are so stupid they quickly forget past memories of oppression and evil doing of their leaders, they will still praise same leader and reelect them...
the majority of Nigerians are foolish including many educated ones even on Nairaland here

Well, I see your point.

Abeg, make I drink my garri.
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Kiaso(m): 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
NiRfreak:
Recently, I was prompted to go re-read Animal Farm, that popular allegorical book written by George Orwell in 1946. I still enjoy it with its striking analogy to Nigeria's socio-political condition.

it's a short story with powerful message of how the wise dominate the stupid, and perpetuate inhumanity against man, just that in this case it was animal against animal, though the message was for humans.
You can picture Nigeria vividly from the pages and characters of the book.
Nigerias constitution is no better than the commandment rashly and dubiously put together by the cunning pigs for the animal farm. Lol
Our politicians are the Pigs, the police are the dogs who hate dissenting voice always an instruments to silent opposition. While the Nigerian masses are the stupid illiterate animals..I swear we aren't better...While Napoleon is Buhari...
Meanwhile, Boxers and the rest of the horses are like the civil servant with nothing to show for their hard labour and the zombie APC/PDP supporters are the "Sheep" who are always asslicking Buhari and Tinubu. What a striking parallel! Its like George Orwell was a Nigerian while writing the book.
Snowball is someone like Sowore, Nnamdi Kanu and other genuine freedom fighters who have great visions for the country, but they are the ones being chased around by the dogs, the security outfit of Napoleon, and being tarnish by media apparatus headed by 'Squealer' lol..Squeler is the Lai Mohammed of our time who can call white black and lie against even Jesus himself.
Meanwhile, Moses the raven is our present day Pastors who promise us justice and enjoyment when we reach heaven, so he told the suffering animals that SugarCandy mountain up beyond the cloud is an heaven waiting for them. Hmm
Nigeria is surely a twin replica of Manors farm owned by Mr Jones who can be likened as our British colonial master who was later driven away while the politicians, the pigs, who took over the farm and later at the end described it as a joint enterprise company being owned by the pigs, just the way the ruling Fulani run Nigeria like it's their company..Lol

No wonder Nnamdi Kanu Christien it a befiting name - Zoo- a Better metaphor.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB

I KNEW THIS A LONG TIME AGO
ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME (NORTH) ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS (SOUTH)

THE MOST ANNOYING PART WAS WHEN THE ANIMALS WERE SAYING THINGS LIKE:

IT WAS DURING NAPOLEON'S REIGN I HAD MORE EGGS

I PRODUCED MORE WOOL DURING NAPOLEON'S REIGN
ETC

NAPOLEON LYING ABOUT THE WINDMILL, SAYING IT WAS HIS IDEA, STOLEN BY SNOWBALL. WHEN HE HAD EARLIER FOUGHT AGAINST IT

SAME WITH APC AND THEIR ZOMBIES, WHO FOUGHT GEJ OVER FUEL SUBSIDY REMOVAL BUT ENDED DOING THE SAME WHEN THEY GOT POWER
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kiaso:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB

I KNEW THIS A LONG TIME AGO
ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL, BUT SOME (NORTH) ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS (SOUTH)
The south are obviously happy with the arrangements, cos they seem to be too stupid or ignorant to see it and do something about it
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Kiaso(m): 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
NiRfreak:

The south are obviously happy with the arrangements, cos they seem to be too stupid or ignorant to see it and do something about it

THATS WHY THEY WANT THEIR OWN COUNTRY
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kiaso:

THATS WHY THEY WANT THEIR OWN COUNTRY
How long did it take them to get serious about it? And how many of them are actually believing in this new country and working towards it...I think it's the minority, especially in the southwest
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Preciousallure(m): 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
MJBOLT:
The zombies are like Boxer the horse,no matter what they will support their oppressors grin
Dem MANNA wink cheesy grin

Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Preciousallure(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
People of South East, people of South West
People of every zone and state
Hearken to my confused tidings
Of the rocky future times
sad
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
You made me laugh grin

Seems I'll start reading again after so many years.
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
StacyO:
You made me laugh grin

Seems I'll start reading again after so many years.
It's really worth a re-read
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by NiRfreak(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2022
Preciousallure:
People of South East, people of South West
People of every zone and state
Hearken to my confused tidings
Of the rocky future times
sad
Hmmm
Re: The Striking Resemblance Between Nigeria And 'Animal Farm' Is Astonishing by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 22, 2022
You can also see it as a story of Biafra

IPOB represent the pigs promising freedom to Biafrans but in the end only care about power for themselves...

In the end they will imitate the fulanis they claim to overthrow.

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Speech On Chasing Yorubas Out Of their homeland to Niger rep. / IPOB GANGSTERS WANT US TO SHUT DOWN IGBO LAND FOR THEIR SUPREMO? – NONSENSE! / Though Igbo, I Don't Understand Igbo People (FULL VERSION)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.