Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination (1454 Views)

RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs / Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? / Freeze: I'm After Prosperity Pastors, Can't Find Muslim Cleric Private Jet Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
Where would you worship if you couldn't find your denomination. Why?

And where wouldn't you worship. Why?

Let's say you travelled or migrated to a new region (school area, City, village, new country etc). You explore a bit but, can't find your denomination nearby. I don't think that would stop you from going to other churches or a worship centers.

You may state your denomination in the comment section.

Note: Do not use this shame or demean other denomination. Thanks for your input.

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
Me (Roman Catholicism)

If I can't find a Catholic church, I'll attend an Anglican Church. Why? I think it would be easier to blend in Anglicanism.

However, I wouldn't worship in any white garment churches. Why? I don't think white garment churches is suitable for me, I somewhat feel afraid to walk pass any of their churches.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Righteousness2(m): 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
In this time and age of technology If you don't find your denomination, you can worship online right in your Home.

You could also check our likeminded Belivers around you and worship with them.

You could also start up a Fellowship center with Fellow believers
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
Where would you worship if you couldn't find your denomination. Why?

And where wouldn't you worship. Why?

Let's say you travelled or migrated to a new region (school area, City, village, new country etc). You explore a bit but, can't find your denomination nearby. I don't think that would stop you from going to other churches or a worship centers.
You may state your denomination in the comment section.

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.

16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
Note: Do not use this shame or demean other denomination. Thanks for your input.[/quote] I would take the time instead to properly remind myself again that those so-called shepherds (pastors/priests/preachers) were not called or appointed by God, nor anointed by Him -Read Ezekiel 34, Jeremiah 31, and the teachings of Jesus Christ to confirm this. undecided

Then I would focus instead on and working out my own Salvation which is between God and myself- God said He alone is Teacher/Shepherd/Master/ Authority over those who belong in His flock. undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
undecided
Okay whatever that was, you can simply answer based on the topic question or just pass. That shouldn't be too difficult. Thank you.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
Stephenmoka4:

Okay whatever that was, you can simply answer based on the topic question or just pass. That shouldn't be too difficult. Thank you.
I did...
Kobojunkiee:
I would take the time instead to properly remind myself again that those so called shepherd(pastors/priests/preachers) where not called or appointed by God, nor anointed by Him -Read Ezekiel 34, Jeremiah 31, and the teachings of Jesus Christ to confirm this. undecided

Then I would focus instead on and working out my own Salvation which is between God and myself- God said He alone is Teacher/Shepherd/Master/ Authority over those who belong in His flock. undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
Righteousness2:
In this time and age of technology If you don't find your denomination, you can worship online right in your Home.

You could also check our likeminded Belivers around you and worship with them.

You could also start up a Fellowship center with Fellow believers
From your answer, it seems you'll worship at a like minded place.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Vanilla4(f): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
I practice Catholicism. I will worship at Anglican or Baptist Church.
I would pray to God alone, if I can't find alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Righteousness2(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
From your answer, it seems you'll worship at a like minded place.
Probably..
It is very Important you be with who Believe what you Believe..
There are so many watered down things going on in the Name of Gospel. You need to wary of being contaminated

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by HealerH: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
See how modern-day Christians reason. grin grin
So you forcibly need a Church to worship God? So how did you cope during the Covid lockdown when Churches were closed?

Grow up Christians. The Church is a building where you meet to worship God as a "Community". And to some extent, it is not always accessible to you. The true Church that is never unavailable to you is YOU.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
HealerH:
So you forcibly need a Church to worship God? So how did you cope during the Covid lockdown when Churches were closed?

Grow up Christians. The Church is a building where you meet to worship God as a "Community". And to some extent, it is not always accessible to you. The true Church that is never unavailable to you is YOU.
The people go to a place to worship, we do our personal prayers, family prayers etc but, we also worship with others. Even Jesus didn't worship God alone all the time.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2021
I'm an RCCG member but if it happens I can't find my denomination anywhere I go visiting, I'll either attend Deeper life Bible Church or MFM

I wouldn't attend any white garment gathering because they are fetish in their practices.

Also, I wouldn't attend kingdom Hall because some of their beliefs are upside down. They can twist the Bible even when you can see it clearly.

I love everyone though. Not hating on anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
The people go to a place to worship, we do our personal prayers, family prayers etc but, we also worship with others. Even Jesus didn't worship God alone all the time.
The worship that God commands from you is that you accept(trust) and obey His teachings and laws -that is the worship that gives glory and honor to Him. undecided

God never commanded the kind of worship that you engage in in your churches - it is instead based on the doctrines and teachings(commandments) of men which God warned you against - , so why do you even imagine that you honor Him in that which is meaningless to Him? undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by HealerH: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:
I'm an RCCG member but if it happens I can't find my denomination anywhere I go visiting, I'll either attend Deeper life Bible Church or MFM

I wouldn't attend any white garment gathering because they are fetish in their practices.

Also, I wouldn't attend kingdom Hall because some of their beliefs are upside down. They can twist the Bible even when you can see it clearly.

I love everyone though. Not hating on anyone.

Save yourself the "I wouldn'ts"
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
HealerH:

The church is not a building. The Church is the gathering of the children of God. The saints.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:

The church is not a building. The Church is the gathering of the children of God. The saints.
So how many of those who gather in those buildings with you are in fact Children of God? undecided

Do not mention anyone of those who you call church authority or shepherds since God never called or anointed anyone to such a position over His flock. Ezekiel 34 undecided

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.

16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
And Jesus Christ declared that only those who do the Will of His Father are His brothers and sisters - children of God. undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So how many of those who gather in those buildings with you are in fact Children of God? undecided

\

I'm refering to those who are genuinely born-again.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 6:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:

I'm refering to those who are genuinely born-again.
How many of those that you currently physically gather with are genuinely born again? undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
How many of those that you currently physically gather with are genuinely born again? undecided

That's left for God to determine. Not me.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:

That's left for God to determine. Not me.
So you admit that when you gather in your church buildings like you do then, you don't do it according to God's definition of His Church(God's gathering is only of those who are truly born again), you do it instead according to man's specification? undecided

This ought to reveal to you that God is not in your church gatherings at all. undecided
This because, accordng to you, God alone knows those who truly belong to Him. Meaning that He alone can gather His sheep(Church), and not your pastors(false shepherds) and priests, who, by the way are not called or anointed by God as shepherds over His flock. Ezekiel 34. undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So you admit that when you gather in your church buildings like you do then, you don't do it according to God's definition of His Church(God's gathering is only of those who are truly born again), you do it instead according to man's specification? undecided

This ought to reveal to you that God is not in your church gatherings at all. undecided
This because, accordng to you, God alone knows those who truly belong to Him. Meaning that He alone can gather His sheep(Church), and not your pastors(false shepherds) and priests, who, by the way are not called or anointed by God as shepherds over His flock. Ezekiel 34. undecided

God is in our gathering and peradventure there's anyone in the gathering who is not genuinely born-again, he will eventually get born-again because the essence of the gathering is to minister to the lost sheep ( non born-again). For Christ said he didn't come for those who are already healed but those who are sick. So everyone is welcomed.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:

God is in our gathering and peradventure there's anyone in the gathering who is not genuinely born-again, he will eventually get born-again because the essence of the gathering is to minister to the lost sheep ( non born-again). For Christ said he didn't come for those who are already healed but those who are sick. So everyone is welcomed.
Where are you told by Jesus Christ that the essence of gathering is to minister to the lost sheep? undecided

You just admitted that it is possible that there are no genuine born-again in your gatherings since only God knows those who belong to Him, so how can you continue to assert that your gatherings are onto Him when it is by and according to the scheduled of men who are not called or appointed and not anointed by God - Ezekiel 34? undecided

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)

Jesus Christ said He did not come for the righteous but for the sinners. However, the gathering of His Church, which He spoke of is instead a gathering of genuine born again - not of genuine born again and sinners. undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Where are you told by Jesus Christ that the essence of gathering is to minister to the lost sheep? undecided

You just admitted that it is possible that there are no genuine born-again in your gatherings since only God knows those who belong to Him, so how can you continue to assert that your gatherings are onto Him when it is by and according to the scheduled of men who are not called or appointed and not anointed by God - Ezekiel 34 ? undecided

Jesus Christ said He did not come for the righteous but for the sinners. However, the gathering of His Church, which He spoke of is instead a gathering of genuine born agains - not of genuine born agains and sinners. undecided

So are you saying they should be sent away?

When Jesus Christ used to gather the multitude to minister to them, did he ever send anyone away on the basis of not being born-again? He preached to all alike and his followers keep increasing in their numbers.

You know these things but that thing that is controling you just keeps telling you to twist things.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:
So are you saying they should be sent away?

When Jesus Christ used to gather the multitude to minister to them, did he ever send anyone away on the basis of not being born-again? He preached to all alike and his followers keep increasing in their numbers.

You know these things but that thing that is controling you just keeps telling you to twist things.
The multitude Jesus Christ taught His teachings to where not His Church. And in many cases, they gathered around Him and not at His calling of them to. He taught His followers to do as He did, when He sent them out into the towns and places as well. undecided

But when Jesus Christ spoke of His Church, He spoke of the gathering of His sheep .i.e. born-agains. undecided

So your gatherings which consists not only of potentially born-again folks but of sinners, isn't what Jesus Christ meant when He spoke of His church. undecided

Also since your churches are led by men who themselves are against God, your gatherings are definitely not of Him but of men who have set themselves as authorities over you. undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The multitude Jesus Christ taught His teachings to where not His Church. And in many cases, they gathered around Him and not at His calling of them to. He taught His followers to do as He did, when He sent them out into the towns and places as well. undecided

But when Jesus Christ spoke of His Church, He spoke of the gathering of His sheep .i.e. born-agains. undecided

So your gatherings which consists not only of potentially born-again folks but of sinners, isn't what Jesus Christ meant when He spoke of His church. undecided

Also since your churches are led by men who themselves are against God, your gatherings are definitely not of Him but of men who have set themselves as authorities over you. undecided

Says you.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 6:56pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:

Says you.
Open that book to the 4 Gospels and read it for yourself so you learn the truth of God from the lies you have been fed by the fraudsters posing as shepherds anointed by God. undecided

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)

Ezekiel 34, God declares Himself against them. If you use your head, you will reason that it God is against them, then nothing they do in His name is true. undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Open that book to the 4 Gospels and read it for yourself so you learn the truth of God from the lies you have been fed by the fraudsters posing as shepherds anointed by God. undecided

Ezekiel 34, God declares Himself against them. If you use your head, you will reason that it God is against them, then nothing they do in His name is true. undecided

Are you any different? Do you do all that God commands in the Bible?

Look I don't go to church to follow men of God but to do the will of my father in heaven. So if they like let them deceive, if they like, let them not, I'm not after all that. All I'm after is the word of God.
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by hoopernikao: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

Bro, it is your teaching that is against God. Your teaching intend to put to naught that which God seek for. I have told you before, you have to repent from this. A servant doesn't stand against him Masters practices. You are standing against that which was seen in Christ and God all through the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
AsherAmari:

Are you any different? Do you do all that God commands in the Bible?

Look I don't go to church to follow men of God to do the will of my father in heaven. So if they like let them deceive, if they like, let them not, I'm not after all that. All I'm after is the word of God.
I accept(trust) and obey His teachings. undecided

Your churches are organized by men and ruled over by me and not God. So, saying you don't go to your churches to follow men is unreasonable. undecided

God is not in your churches so how can you expect to be taken seriously when you say you go to that which is against to hear the word of God? Can you produce Truth from a lie? undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2021
hoopernikao:

Bro, it is your teaching that is against God. Your teaching intend to put to naught that which God seek for. I have told you before, you have to repent from this. A servant doesn't stand against him Masters practices. You are standing against that which was seen in Christ and God all through the scriptures.
I don't stand against my Master's teachings ... I stand instead against the doctrines and traditions of men, which my Master declared were lies told to deceive and steal that which ought to belong to my Master. undecided

God declared that in His New Covenant, He alone is Shepherd/Teacher/ Master/ authority over all those who belong to Him. Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, came teaching the same Truth. undecided
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
undecided
God didn't forbid worshipping together, that's what I meant in reference to the topic and that comment.

After Christ ascended, check out the apostolic missions and things they did, check out the events of Paul etc.

Praying together, evangelism, teaching, preaching etc were all these doctrines of men? or was it against God. Are they not carried out till today? (I don't want to derail the topic, let it be)
Re: Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination by Kobojunkiee: 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
Stephenmoka4:

God didn't forbid worshipping together, that's what I meant in reference to the topic and that comment.

After Christ ascended, check out the apostolic missions and things they did, check out the events of Paul etc.

Praying together, evangelism, teaching, preaching etc were all these doctrines of man? or was it against God. Are they not carried out till today? (I don't want to derail the topic, let it be)
please keep in mind that the word "worship" in the context of the Kingdom of God means to obey/serve - nothing to do with the traditions of your churches in the world today.undecided

Since Jesus Christ called us to do as He, Jesus Christ, did and not as His servants did, I would that we focus on staying within that which Jesus Christ in fact taught and commanded. undecided

When it comes to your praying together, evangelism, teaching and preaching, is it done in accordance to the teachings of God or according to the doctrines of men? undecided

Let's consider the typical church service where you attend a service headed by a man who is against God(pastor/preacher/priest/"father"wink, and under his authority, and at his lead, you bow your heads and proceed to pray to God. Is God expected to overlook the fact that you, against His commandment, submit yourself to the authority of men in your togetherness? undecided

Do you not see that by submitting to the lead of these false teachers/prophets, your worship is rendered meaningless to God and this according to the teachings of Jesus Christ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Is Easter Date Been Selected? / Denominations In Christianity / What Is Evil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 259
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.