Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? (16405 Views)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn And Master Frontend Web Development / Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. / What Programming Language Do I Need To Create App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Lordsagna: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
hi, I'm a newbie in programming without any prior knowledge....my interest is software development.. I've started learning python what other language do I need c++ or Java ?

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by greatnaija01: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:
hi, I'm a newbie in programming without any prior knowledge....my interest is software development.. I've started learning python what other language do I need c++ or Java ?

you need several languages.... not just ONE... and you will forever keep learning as new ones are developed.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Karleb(m): 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:

What kind of software are you talking about?

If it's web applications, then the other one that is needed is Javascript.

6 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Muyiwaipere(m): 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2021
Lordsagna:

Fulani or probably Hausa

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
Learn that Python first and use it effectively before thinking of another language. You can build software with python.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Lordsagna: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2021
ThankYouGod:
Learn that Python first and use it effectively before thinking of another language. You can build software with python.
Thank you bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Lordsagna: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
Karleb:

What kind of software are you talking about?
If it's web applications, then the other one that is needed is Javascript.
can one know JavaScript without HTML and CSS?

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Unbiased1: 11:31am On Apr 11, 2021
Lordsagna:

can one know JavaScript without HTML and CSS?

JavaScript works hand-in-hand with HTML and CSS. JavaScript makes your web app smarter in a way, let's just describe it as the brain while HTML is the Skeleton and CSS is the beautiful skin and clothes cool
With JavaScript, you can proceed to React and React Native which enable you to create a Website, an Android app and an iOS app all at the same time using the same code, so instead of learning Java to build Android apps and then learning Swift to build iOS apps and still learn Python or JavaScript to build a website, you can simply learn JavaScript and React Native to do all three at once with the same code.

85 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Ayemileto(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Well, it depends on the area you want to focus on.

If you're focusing on web Development for example, you might want to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and PHP for a start.

If your focus is mobile app development, you can learn Flutter or React Native for cross platform development, Java or Kotlin for Android, and Swift for IOS.

Whatever you will learn should depend on the path you intend to follow.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by brosom(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
chun un sou

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

Igbo language

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by KingAzari: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
The headline be like software language gan gan. Weyrey mod don correct himself. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by EvolvedPisces(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Japanese

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Macadamemmy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hausa language grin

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by free2ryhme: 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

As long as information keeps evolving you'll keep learning many computer language
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by gimakon2(m): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
1.) First of all , learn something that is in Vogue. Not just because you are a C++ Dev or whatever you think there are jobs everywhere.
2.) Have a Drive.

Whats in Vogue now, is Python and React native if you can learn it , best for u.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Naijatask: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
The question should be, why do you want to become a software engineer? Is it for a hobby? Or to increase your chances of getting employed? Or to create a product which will solve problems?

Well, if it's 1 And 3, then you should make research and if it's to get employed, then be ready to go on a long journey.

There are various aspects of software engineering like web development, mobile development, enterprise software engineering, data science and Artificial intelligence.

If you're diving into mobile development, then using Java or kotlin as a programming language to develop android apps, and using Swift to develop IOS apps.

And if it's web development, then learning react or angular as a front end framework and using a framework like bootstrap or materialize to back it up (I won't even mention HTML, CSS or JavaScript as those should be obvious to you already that you must know them before learning the aforementioned frameworks above).

Then you still have to learn either Python,php, node js or java as a back end language. And don't forget, you'll still need to learn a database language like my SQL or mongo dB.

Then you'll learn how to deploy a website's to the internet. Did I forget you'll need to learn how to test for bugs after completing your web app before deploying it? (PS: all these are needed, if you wish to be employed, else most of them are not needed if you want to become a freelancer).

As for enterprise software development, you'll be needing languages such as java, c++, c#.

As for both data science and artificial intelligence, you'll need to learn Python algorithm.

So, welcome to the frustrated guys club, where we get headache over a closing parentheses we forgot to insert at the end of the program cheesy

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by jimmyolasun: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
Fulfude or native Greek. But when I started, I learnt ijebu before proceeding to egba language.. peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by BigDawsNet: 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
The 9 Best Programming Languages to Learn in 2021

JavaScript

Java

C#

PHP

Finally

RUBY

Find yourself a good school and do not be lazy about your constant tutorial

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by chinavs9ja(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
Go for Java!

If you need any web script of all kinds, check my signature and get it. Firstdevlab get you covered. Simple and One time installation.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by LeopardX: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
I'll be 25 this year. Can I still learn computer programming at my age?

Edit: Thanks for the response guys.
I'm highly motivated now.

2 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by TundeChris: 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

It depends on what you want to do. If it’s web development or mobile apps, go for JavaScript first.

Forget those ones telling you Python. While it’s good, you would eventually come to JavaScript (if you have any desire or web or mobile. Don’t take the long route.

So if it’s mobile App, learn React Native (you would need a background in JavaScript)...

Route : HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React Native

5 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Angelawhite(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
Your question: What ingredient do I need to cook food ?

Food is very broad and so is Software.

You can narrow your question to:

What language to I need to learn to become a web developer, mobile app developer, desktop application developer, data science, etc

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
This reminds of that terrible lecturer who handled our C++ course then. Being Elect/Elect students, the man would just be cracking jokes in the class coz he knew that many of us had poor programming knowledge. The handout come be like shorthand grin

4 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Harnny(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2021
This question again
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by lkillbrokehoes: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
Java script, PHP before you move to others..
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by bigdammyj: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
Noted
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Mutemenot(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Abokis and suya seller left the page. Even righteousness has nothing to say, he may come back to tell Op about heavenly language cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Teaser4(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
Swahili

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Source Code Comments / Is C# Better Than C/C++? / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.