Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? (16409 Views)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn And Master Frontend Web Development / Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. / What Programming Language Do I Need To Create App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Nascimento(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
I'll be 25 this year. Can I still learn computer programming at my age?

Whenever I see this type of comment, I just vex. Baba u can learn anything even at 70.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Topmaike007(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:
hi, I'm a newbie in programming without any prior knowledge....my interest is software development.. I've started learning python what other language do I need c++ or Java ?
op if you are intrested in software devop building web applications I suggest you go with

M=MONGO DB
E=EXPRESS
R=REACT
N=NODE JS

I believe you might have been familiar with html, css and bootstrap first then "MERN" if you will want to go into data science later then continue with python and learn its framework DJANGO.

BUT THE JOURNEY NO BE HERE OO.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Topmaike007(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nascimento:

Whenever I see this type of comment, I just vex. Baba u can learn anything even at 70.
lolz
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Topmaike007(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
Angelawhite:

I became a professional software developer at 29. It took less than 6 months boot camp for me to become a junior developer and get hired . Some people start learning programming at 40.

To answer your question, YES
where una dey see physical bootcamp join? even me too Wan join.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by nagalee(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
JavaScript, HTML, PHP, and CSS. This is for full-stack development.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Topmaike007(m): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
IMAliyu:

Been learning Java, but python is looking more and more attractive these days. Because of its relatively simpler code and versatility for both software and web design.
if it is simpler code I suggest Rugby
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Incognito403: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
Mrlcredible:
chai see lie.
audio millions
Whether you believe or not affects nothing.

That you're broke doesn't mean folks aren't making cash. Purely legit cash.

I'm not even the richest of my friends. Not even one of the richest.

In fact, what's shocking you about a million of naira? Is a million naira even so much money. One million naira that can't buy a reasonable tokunbo car.

6 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Topmaike007(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
ManOfCompetence:

Please how are you learning? I'm also a newbie but I'm finding it difficult...
learn through YouTube my friend there are tons of work out there on YouTube don't be a dummy...

You don't need a physical teacher or a physical classroom before you learn..
I use to burn 5gb worth of data watching tutorials on YouTube every week and make sure you join stack overflow, reedit and Facebook groups on software devop..

Welcome to the world of IT

4 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by nagalee(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
Petersamuel8:
I am currently learning python, I think it's high time I switch to JavaScript, python is too logical for my liking
JS is best for web dev, but all-round python is better. It (python) has so many libraries. wink

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Goodnigga: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
nagalee:
JS is best for web dev, but all-round python is better. It (python) has so many libraries. wink
basically front end dev
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by chyzoo4u(m): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:

You're still in the best age to start learning. I'm in my 30s and I'm still learning. I started at 26, not full time though.

I'll advise you give it your all. There's always millions of jobs for "good" programmers out there. If you have passion for programming, forget the money for now, give it all your focus and in the next two years, you will be counting in millions.

Quote me anywhere

4 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by OnyeOlokoro(m): 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
who will teach me.react native ...willing to pay for it
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by airliner(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
U learn urhobo with a little bit of Ibo. You'll thank me later

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by justmondris: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:

No age limit
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Naijatask: 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

it not funny PARENTHESIS shown me sege if i finished using right another error left parenthesis

I remembered spending one hour to get my JavaScript code to work, and alas! I actually forgot to link the JavaScript file to the HTML document angry

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by justmondris: 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
Yes
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by 3Dimension: 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:
hi, I'm a newbie in programming without any prior knowledge....my interest is software development.. I've started learning python what other language do I need c++ or Java ?
hey focus on one first at least for the next 3 to 6 nonths. Then if you need to change or want to switch you would know. With python you can do a whole lots of things!

3 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Sarmiz24(m): 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
Learn Benin Language
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by walexy1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
Throwing in this!!

Learn Dart plus Flutter!

Dart is Google's own programming language developed by Goolgle and is simple to learn. Its shares syntax closely with java and it is a typed language.

Flutter is framework with which you can build beautiful UI (User Interface) where everything is a widget. The framework depends on Dart as the programming language.

I will tell you for free that the beauty of Flutter lies in the fact that with a code base, you can develop for more than 3 platforms: Android, iOS, web, desktop(new addition to the family) and even PWAs.

You would love it, give Flutter a trial!

4 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
I am almost 40 and I am starting and yes I will do it!

3 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
LeopardX:
I am almost 40 and I am starting and yes I will do it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Naijatask: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2021
Petersamuel8:
I am currently leaning python, I think it's high time I switch to JavaScript, python is too logical for my liking

Too logical? Lol, don't even come over to JavaScript bro. E go make you think as if Na mumu you be cheesy . 6months plus, and it's as if I've not learned anything yet

4 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Sheriman(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
I am currently learning the basics of Android development using Kotlin Language on Android Studio
android.developers.com is my learning resources website
10hrs coding per day

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by smartNerd: 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2021
I would advice you begin with HTML,CSS then JS then you can decide on whether you should journey to been a backend(where you can still use Python) or frontend or even a fullstack.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Betrand3: 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2021
walexy1:
Throwing in this!!

Learn Dart plus Flutter!

You would love it, give Flutter a trial!

I was wondering why nobody mentioned the best language ever liveth. It becomes more rational when you read about Fuschia

3 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Martialb1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2021
Unbiased1:

JavaScript works hand-in-hand with HTML and CSS. JavaScript makes your web app smarter in a way, let's just describe it as the brain while HTML is the Skeleton and CSS is the beautiful skin and clothes cool
With JavaScript, you can proceed to React and React Native which enable you to create a Website, an Android app and an iOS app all at the same time using the same code, so instead of learning Java to build Android apps and then learning Swift to build iOS apps and still learn Python or JavaScript to build a website, you can simply learn JavaScript and React Native to do all three at once with the same code.

Who still learns java and swift for mobile app Dev when cross platform languages are gradually taking the show

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by jek1471: 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
Focus on knowing software development principles first.
Principles like object oriented programming (oop), conditional branching, etc

Learning a language is secondary.

The truth is that there is no programming language that is better than the other.

I have been into software development for about 30 years, I have used many different tools (programming languages) for different kinds of projects, I switch to any language I want at will. (it is just to read the manual on the language syntax)

I can do this because I have a foundational knowledge of software development principles.
If you focus on learning language first, you can't get this flexibility.

4 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by walexy1(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Martialb1:

Who still learns java and swift for mobile app Dev when cross platform languages are gradually taking the show

Exactly my point! There are cross platforms, like the Google Flutter, even Ionic, etc.

Development is rapid, better with awesome UIs and more beautiful!!
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Unbiased1: 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2021
Martialb1:

Java and Swift have only one major advantage over cross platform frameworks (such as React Native and Flutter). Developers claim they have more flexibility to interact with the UI and operating system (Android and iOS) than those frameworks. In some cases, you may need to mix Java and Swift with React Native to achieve your goal.
The good news is the JS developers in big tech firms like Facebook and Google are constantly working on new HTML5 APIs and JS libraries to bridge that gap. JavaScript now has libraries for Artificial Intelligence and more work is been put in place to see JavaScript overtake Python in AI development.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by scait(m): 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lordsagna:

can one know JavaScript without HTML and CSS?
better start with html.. css.. javascript
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Martialb1(m): 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Unbiased1:

Java and Swift have only one major advantage over cross platform frameworks (such as React Native and Flutter). Developers claim they have more flexibility to interact with the UI and operating system (Android and iOS) than those frameworks. In some cases, you may need to mix Java and Swift with React Native to achieve your goal.
The good news is the JS developers in big tech firms like Facebook and Google are constantly working on new HTML5 APIs and JS libraries to bridge that gap. JavaScript now has libraries for Artificial Intelligence and more work is been put in place to see JavaScript overtake Python in AI development.

I strongly disagree with you. How can you compare the flexibility with the ui when using java or swift to that of flutter. Make your research on flutter bro and prove me wrong
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Richthekid: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2021
Sign language

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Source Code Comments / Is C# Better Than C/C++? / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.