Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? (16410 Views)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Learn And Master Frontend Web Development / Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. / What Programming Language Do I Need To Create App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by easyzworld: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2021
Topmaike007:
op if you are intrested in software devop building web applications I suggest you go with

M=MONGO DB
E=EXPRESS
R=REACT
N=NODE JS

I believe you might have been familiar with html, css and bootstrap first then "MERN" if you will want to go into data science later then continue with python and learn its framework DJANGO.

BUT THE JOURNEY NO BE HERE OO.

I am interested in data science and I am currently learning python and a little of sql but I came across material that strongly advise that I learn R. What would be your advise bro?
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by dlawnoni: 10:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
I suggest you learn JavaScript.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by plantist: 6:31am On Apr 13, 2021
Betrand3:

I was wondering why nobody mentioned the best language ever liveth. It becomes more rational when you read about Fuschia

Baba I was so excited to get on the flutter train when I read about fuschia.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Topmaike007(m): 7:22am On Apr 13, 2021
easyzworld:

I am interested in data science and I am currently learning python and a little of sql but I came across material that strongly advise that I learn R. What would be your advise bro?
continue learning python because it has huge libraries for data science/machine learning.. If you are good in python you can then take R because it will help you in solving statistical problem involving data mining data recovery and many more...

But if I am in your shoe python will be my preferred choice because I will still use it to build web app aside from data science..

3 Likes

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by pixey(m): 8:16am On Apr 13, 2021
For you to learn faster and be more practical.Go for mozilla developer website and read.Avoid videos for now.Most videos now won't teach you in steps.They are mostly for their marketing purposes.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Cashalhaji: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2021
Am here
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by brookeroberts78(f): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
Although there are a variety of programming languages for software development, aspiring developers will be well-served by mastering four essential languages: Java, Python, C++, and Scala.

[url="http://www.glassmirror.ae/"]glass table top dubai[/url] | [url="http://www.glassmirror.ae/"]shower glass in dubai[/url]
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by rinzaugustine: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
These are the topics that should be Nairaland and for youngsters to follow

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by noob03saibot(m): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2021
Naijatask:
The question should be, why do you want to become a software engineer? Is it for a hobby? Or to increase your chances of getting employed? Or to create a product which will solve problems?

Well, if it's 1 And 3, then you should make research and if it's to get employed, then be ready to go on a long journey.

There are various aspects of software engineering like web development, mobile development, enterprise software engineering, data science and Artificial intelligence.

If you're diving into mobile development, then using Java or kotlin as a programming language to develop android apps, and using Swift to develop IOS apps.

And if it's web development, then learning react or angular as a front end framework and using a framework like bootstrap or materialize to back it up (I won't even mention HTML, CSS or JavaScript as those should be obvious to you already that you must know them before learning the aforementioned frameworks above).

Then you still have to learn either Python,php, node js or java as a back end language. And don't forget, you'll still need to learn a database language like my SQL or mongo dB.

Then you'll learn how to deploy a website's to the internet. Did I forget you'll need to learn how to test for bugs after completing your web app before deploying it? (PS: all these are needed, if you wish to be employed, else most of them are not needed if you want to become a freelancer).

As for enterprise software development, you'll be needing languages such as java, c++, c#.

As for both data science and artificial intelligence, you'll need to learn Python algorithm.

So, welcome to the frustrated guys club, where we get headache over a closing parentheses we forgot to insert at the end of the program cheesy
please what about developing desktop applications? Windows in particular
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Naijatask: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2021
noob03saibot:
please what about developing desktop applications? Windows in particular

C++, C# and you can also use JavaScript, using the Ionic framework.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by noob03saibot(m): 4:15am On Apr 25, 2021
Naijatask:

C++, C# and you can also use JavaScript, using the Ionic framework.
OK, thanks for the response bro. Was considering using python for it since I have already started learning it. Would have to reconsider. Thanks man.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by All4good: 7:19am On Apr 25, 2021
Naijatask:

So, welcome to the frustrated guys club, where we get headache over a closing parentheses we forgot to insert at the end of the program cheesy
Funny you
Op will survive, if many have and are still surviving the headache debugging a forgotten bracket or semicolon.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by Naijatask: 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2021
noob03saibot:
OK, thanks for the response bro. Was considering using python for it since I have already started learning it. Would have to reconsider. Thanks man.

You're welcome. Trust me, python is mostly suitable for data science, scrapping and automation and Django for back end web development.

1 Like

Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by SmithJohnes: 10:01am On May 17, 2021
Although there are a variety of programming languages for software development, aspiring developers will be well-served by mastering four essential languages: Java, Python, C++, and Scala. Java: Java is a general-purpose programming language designed to work on a variety of platforms.
For more info on Top 10 Programming Languages to Consider-
Please read this blog-
https://appinventiv.com/blog/top-programming-languages/
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by bcodercastle: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2022
Well, it's up to you, what type of software you want to develop, whether it is android software or ios software, or iPhone software the most commonly used languages for software development are angular, javascript, node, react, etc. Thank you for sharing this post, if you are looking for a software development company, then www.b-coder.com is the best platform for you.
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by dewiclements: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2023
If you're looking to learn a powerful and versatile programming language, I highly recommend learning Ruby on Rails. Ruby on Rails, commonly known as just Rails, is a web development framework that has gained immense popularity in recent years.

Not only is Ruby on Rails a great language for beginners due to its intuitive syntax and a large community of developers, but it's also a powerful tool for building robust web applications. With Rails, you can easily create dynamic and scalable websites and web applications, as well as APIs and even mobile applications. here are some tips https://sloboda-studio.com/blog/how-to-improve-ruby-on-rails-app-performance/ for good performance
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by mypackfit: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2023
Hi, well it depends on what type of software you want to develop. I can suggest angular, javascript, node, react, etc for software development. get in touch with us at mypack.fit
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by technosharks: 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
Your exact objectives and the kind of software development you wish to undertake will determine the language you need to learn. Software development uses a variety of programming languages, and the choice of language is frequently influenced by the project's requirements, the platform you're aiming for, and your personal tastes. The most well-known programming languages and some of their frequent applications are listed below:

Python: Python is a fantastic language for beginners because of its readability and simplicity. It is frequently used in data research, machine learning, scientific computing, and web development (Django, Flask).

The main language used for web development is JavaScript. It is utilized to create interactive online apps that run on both the server (Node.js) and the client (browsers).

Java: Java is a flexible language used to create web applications (using Java Servlets technology), extensive enterprise applications, and Android apps.

C#: C# is frequently used for creating programs for the Microsoft.NET framework, creating games with Unity, and creating Windows desktop apps.

C++: Performance-sensitive applications, game development, and systems programming all employ C++. It serves as the foundation for numerous other languages, including C# and Java. www.technosharks.com
Re: What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? by jtmstack: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
How far have you gone? are you a developer now?

Just checking up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Source Code Comments / Is C# Better Than C/C++? / The Importance Of Software Testing And Not Just Software Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.