Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) (80418 Views)

Xenophobia: S’African Envoy Meets Buhari, Apologizes To Nigeria (Photos) / El-Zakzaky: Religious Movement Or A Military State Within Nigeria? (Photos, Vide / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by boyka1: 12:01am On May 17, 2021
DesChyko:
Nonsense. angry

My friend was working while on a video call with me for about 2 hours. We were actually catching up while he worked.
At that leisurely pace, he already bagged £250 for just today. Note that this isn't part of his income targets for the week. He was just bored at home amd decided to do some hours. This isn't even his dream hustle.
We even spoke about him changing his two vehicles for newer ones soon.

Nonsense. angry

By the way, £250 is #150,000.

Nonsense. angry

I believe you 100%

I work 4 to 5 hours Monday to Saturday delivering food with my electric bike. My target is £100 and that can be achieved in 4 to 5 hours. Few days ago, i decided to be greedy by doing a 12 hour shift and i made £200. My electric bike makes the job very easy and enjoyable.

That been said, it is only a lazy man/woman or an illegal migrant on cash on hand job that would have a problem saving atleast £300 a month after bills.

My brother leave that guy with e yeye story.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by boyka1: 12:06am On May 17, 2021
[quote author=boyka1 post=101764481]
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by bizhop01: 12:19am On May 17, 2021
Because 1 pound equals to 1 naira
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by adonainana: 12:21am On May 17, 2021
hosemujica:

Guy what is your problem, don't you know Nigerian are above tax. Don't mention tax here as anything a Nigerian earns abroad goes to their pocket, God punish tax.

No Nigerian is above tax in the Uk young man, the tax in question is automatically deducted from your salary by law and sent to the revenue collector ( HMRC) , it’s a serious offense for anyone who employs you business or person to fail to deduct tax on your behalf and send it to the government

To even make it simple there is like this free payslip software and service you use to calcite the pay and tax due every 28 days

All you would also need is the employee ( the coconut head nigerian that doesn’t ant to oh tax ) national insurance number ( similar to what is also called SSN number in the US)

Infact every month all you will see is a an email that your payslip is ready and tax has been deducted to the govt

Developed countries run on the tax system my bro no matter who you are it is extremely difficult to evade it

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by neyohh: 12:29am On May 17, 2021
boyka1:

I believe you 100%

I work 4 to 5 hours Monday to Saturday delivering food with my electric bike. My target is £100 and that can be achieved in 4 to 5 hours. Few days ago, i decided to be greedy by doing a 12 hour shift and i made £200. My electric bike makes the job very easy and enjoyable.

That been said, it is only a lazy man/woman or an illegal migrant on cash on hand job that would have a problem saving atleast £300 a month after bills.

My brother leave that guy with e yeye story.

You dey do deliveroo ? That's cash on hand bro.

I doubt your claims because it's can never be a consistent 100 pounds.

And saving only 300 per month is a sure way to poverty.

I'm an og .. i sabi everything cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by lesson44: 12:34am On May 17, 2021
Some people have no idea how to compare costs of living for two different countries.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by bull67: 12:43am On May 17, 2021
let forget about earnings. The most important of all is free health. where i live up north , you get free prescriptions too. your kids go to school free. You loose your job, the govt gives you something. not like niger where your employers owe you 8 months salary. In nigeria you can be saked without giving you notice. They tried that on me in the uk, i took them to court and they paid me 10k. Here , your life is secured you and your family.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by calcal: 3:50am On May 17, 2021
If you have children, you are not worried about how they will get to school and back home, no school fee, no admission problems, no job headache.

Then what did you want to use your pay for?

Is it to feed those crying for ONE Nigeria?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by stayclearofme: 4:46am On May 17, 2021
anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

these guys that complain are the worst type of hypocrites.
they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

i pity people that take their words to heart.

life is expensive there - yes, but the standard of living is way more better.

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

Chai the thing don pain you gaaaan to go abroad dey really hungry you Pele...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Horlarteey: 5:43am On May 17, 2021
It really make sense d way u just told us a little about UK. It fine but d comparison part is different. In Ibadan, u see a "face me I face u' apartment for 20k to 40k. But in Lagos, u will see a 'face me I face u' for over 180k. Ibadan and Lagos salary payments are highly different. Lagos pays higher in all aspect than Ibadan. So u now comparing 1 pound = 550 naira is different. U said d apartment is high but u never mentioned ur salary, u are earning more than d apartment rent for sure but u never mentioned d good part.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by africandollar: 6:21am On May 17, 2021
360degreess:
..Who told you that?..I believe the OP was thinking just the way you are thinking until travel over there himself.Now he understands the reality.

He's 100% right with what he said, you get paid 10x or even more for a similar hustle than in Naija. For example, security and logistic related jobs.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Joshforeal: 6:36am On May 17, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Come back to Nigeria. I don't like this comparison. It's foolishness

Diabetes is a terrible sickness. Buy this Ebook ..gives u food choices that will reduce your sugar level..check it on my link in my signature
God bless you. Evil people will stay in UK and tell you how much better Lagos is. If Lagos is so much better why not come back?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Aboguede(m): 6:48am On May 17, 2021
Now it is clear dat u re not normal

I am in abroad my self

Wht do u think is legal residents and not?

It is also clear that am not ur mate

Enjoy ur knowledge

Toks2008:

Who are the people abroad telling you the lies..

Don't mind them.

The u lucky ones who are not legally resident should not be used as a yardstick.

Once you are legally resident you can never complain except village people are after the person.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Obipaul77(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2021
blamingthedevil:
"UK is expensive abeg. Imagine charging my Naija homeboy N270k a month for this face_Me &_face_You with shared toilet and bathroom. The Landlady said no roommate is allowed or girlfriend living with you. Also this 5kg gas [Camera via@ValiantNig,] is N1,800 in Lagos but N18k in the UK"

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvieNews/status/1380899354576359430
If it doesn't suit you, please come back, stop making those of us who are interested to travel, Cold minded.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by cocolacec(m): 7:25am On May 17, 2021
FiverrTutor:
All this mofos abroad should shut the fu.ckup!!!! Over there as long as you're ready to work you don't have a problem. Here no job,no light, no water including insecurity!!! Let's trade places then oponu

In the Uk even if you are ready to work, no one will employ you without a work permit.Without work permit ,you will work like a slave paid peanuts.
Any employer who employs illegal migrants risk a fine of £20,000 too.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Pilopher: 7:34am On May 17, 2021
What if I told you that you have been doing affiliate marketing all these years without getting paid for your efforts?

Yes, that is true. A lot of people don’t know that they already do affiliate marketing

When was the last time you recommended a product that you really liked to a friend? Or maybe you saw someone on social media ask for the solution to a problem that a particular product you knew solved. Did you recommend that product?

If you answered yes, then you have been doing affiliate marketing without realizing it.

When you recommend any helpful product to people around you…your are helping the owner of the product make sales.

Guess what! You did not get paid for that recommendation…

I know you also recommend any valuable product you have used that worked for you
Such as phones, shoes, clothes etc

Sometimes people even see you with a nice stuff and ask you where you bought it
When you recommend the shop where you bought it…that is affiliate marketing

Why not keep up the good work of recommending helpful products to people who need them and when they buy you get paid as much as N20, 000 naira on every sale

Why not send me a WhatsApp message, let me share a video that explains in detail how you can turn recommending products into a high paying business.

I will be waiting for you
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by grandstar(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2021
anthonyuncle:
i sick and tired of nigerians abroad complaining of how living over there is very expensive.

these guys that complain are the worst type of hypocrites.
they are always complaining and putting up posts to discourage others from seeking greener pastures abroad but they will refuse to return to Nigeria

i pity people that take their words to heart.

life is expensive there - yes, but the standard of living is way more better.

they earn enough to cover these expenses and still enjoy life. yet they use posts like the above to discourage others.

rubbish

Do listen to them. At least before coming, do your research thoroughly. That's the major thing. By doing your research well, you won't have regrets.

Life being better there is just relative. If you're middle class here, better stay than travel. If you do decide to travel, make sure you have documents that allow you to work

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Coldie(m): 8:34am On May 17, 2021
GraGra247:
On the brighter side they make up to 10 times the money people make in 9ja for the same job or labor.
U should be saying 50times not 10times

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2021
Aboguede:

Now it is clear dat u re not normal

I am in abroad my self

Wht do u think is legal residents and not?

It is also clear that am not ur mate

Enjoy ur knowledge

Sorry sir Mr Metusellah. Ofcourse I'm not your mate cos I might be older than you.

And I honestly see no reason for your uncouth response cos no be fight.

By legal residence I mean those who can live and work legally.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 8:42am On May 17, 2021
grandstar:

Do listen to them. At least before coming, do your research thoroughly. That's the major thing. By doing your research well, you won't have regrets.

Life being better there is just relative. If you're middle class here, better stay than travel. If you do decide to travel, make sure you have documents that allow you to work

The summary is that the standard of life a pauper lives abroad is what people spend thousands of naira to have in naija.

Very simple.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by zolajpower: 9:16am On May 17, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
who' sells it in the mkt?

Go to any market where they sell herbs and ask for it . It looks like avocado pear . Very bitter but effective . It doesn't like to come across sugar in the body and very effective. 8ts good for obese people too .
Yoruba women selling herbs know it .
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by bull67: 9:23am On May 17, 2021
se nigeria get middle class sha? its either you are rich or poor in nigeria. Most of the middle class in nigeria lives in lagos, and lagos is about 15 million people. And nigeria has a population of 200 million. chaina is 1 billion but their middle class is 200 million. the middle class has the spending power. all rich countries have a good percentage of middle class. You dont have to go in the university to be in the middle class. You can go to tecnical school in the uk and earn 60k has a gas engineer or even a plumber. but in niger forget it ,you are at the bottom.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by OcholaKings: 10:18am On May 17, 2021
Starcrest1:
The people doing this comparison are very stupid people. Why would you be converting pounds to naira in the UK.

How much is minimum wage in the UK? compare it with that of Nigeria.

Can what a doctor earns in the UK be compared to what a doctor earns in Nigeria?

Can a business man in Nigeria that gains 50k daily be compared to a businessman that earns £200 daily in the UK?

People should be objective with their comparison please.

£200 is over 115,000 naira
they should just stop this comparison.
You cant compare what they enjoy there to the rubbish that goes down in Nigeria.

N30k minimum wage they cant pay

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by poiZon: 10:21am On May 17, 2021
helinues:
Not really expensive cos after all you have to pay for your bills not like Nigeria where one can evade bills like Electricity, Water, And other bills
Do u know why people evade bills...
Someone move into an apartment amd realised that there is already accumulated unpaid bills left by previous occupants and the landlord doesnt do anyting about it.
Also some dont deliberately evade paying bills but the system cause it.
My street transformee got bad, for 1yr no light, the disco incharge suppose to shut every billings during that period but they will still be issuing bills.
Even the new transformer replace is being done by the collective effort of the community. After 1month of restoring power to the area, they bring bills and u see accumulated charges of the last one year when there was no light.
They will tell u to write to their head office, but all these are long processes..
Nigerians dont evade bills but the corrupt system makes people get tired of the extortion and the same people working there assist in this.
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by poiZon: 10:23am On May 17, 2021
360degreess:
..Who told you that?..I believe the OP was thinking just the way you are thinking until travel over there himself.Now he understands the reality.
Them cease him passport?
Cant he come back home abi them ban am from coming back?
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by snoopz: 10:36am On May 17, 2021
but you no tell us how much you dey make per hour/month
and how easy it was for you to get a job when you got there...
see no come here com disturb us y don't you come back and let's exchange position
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by timberprides: 11:56am On May 17, 2021
As long as ure meeting up with d expenses,abeg you stay up dere no even think of relocating back to dis country ooo.

Jst believe in ur hustle and be focus
Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by grandstar(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2021
Toks2008:

The summary is that the standard of life a pauper lives abroad is what people spend thousands of naira to have in naija.

Very simple.

To follow the path you want to follow will leave you doing menial jobs all your life there. It may also mean you taking 2 jobs and having no time for your children

Many nigerian kids in the UK are engaged in anti-social activities because they are neglected by their parents who work hard to make money. My younger brother called these kids the scourge of England.

You will want better for yourself after a while. That's where proper documentation comes in. You don't have one. I was in the UK last year for 2 months. I came back 2 days before their lock down started.

Ask yourself before traveling: what do I want to achieve over there? You have to think long term! Can I achieve tt?

Many over there, all they have to show for their sojourn overseas is a house they've built in Nigeria after like 40 years away. If they are graduates, their mates who they left here would have done the same.

Let me give you the example of my cousin who once worked in England.

He was working for Sainsbury's, one of the largest departmental stores in the UK. He was working in their warehouse at night as a contract staff.

Now, those who worked in thye warehouse were either Nigerians or Ghanians. There were CCTV cameras everywhere and if you were caught sleeping, you were relieved of your job immediately.

My cousin would drink lots of Powerhorse so as not to sleep. The guy who got him the job was sacked for sleeping grin grin

The company was impressed with his work rate and wanted to staff him. This was an opportunity of a lifetime. It would mean increased pay and other benefits. One big problem: my cousin did not have papers.

The week they were to meet with him and discuss his staffing, he deliberately misbehaved and the company lost interest in staffing him.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In UK Compared To Nigeria (Photos) by bull67: 12:36pm On May 17, 2021
i think you are wrong. many nigerians have pension schemes, like myself. when i am 60, my pension is 18k per anum and thats private. my govt one is 163 every week. I have a house here and one in nigeria. both will give me a good rental income. Those in nigeria when sick have to pay for their medical treatment, but has for me i can come back to the UK and get it free. When comparing you have to look at the whole picture. If i add all together by 65 its over 35k per anum. Tell me one civil servant way they collect that one. That why they still gove money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / EFCC Arrests Willie Obiano At Lagos Airport / Sunday Igboho's House Attacked By Army, 7 Killed (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.