Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu (2568 Views)

PENDULUM: The Truth My Fulani Fiends Must Accept By Dele Momodu / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Can Atiku Abubakar Defeat Muhammadu Buhari In 2019? By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Carlyscales: 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
Everything that has a beginning must have an end.

And as they say on the street:

“E fit take time, but one day, one day, Monkey go go market”

My letter today is meant for my Fulani friends. I know and have many of them as buddies. They are naturally handsome and beautiful depending on the sex. This is not a stereotype. The educated ones are mostly so sweet natured and mild mannered. The unlettered ones are mostly the exact opposite. I apologise if I over-generalise, but that is my opinion, which is shared by a lot of other compatriots including the Fulani themselves. I have undertaken some research about the origin and character of the Fulani people lately as a result of the unfortunate hoopla they have generated in many West African countries, Nigeria in particular. According to my investigations, the Fulani are largely itinerant in nature. They have the power and the stamina to trek long distances with or without their cows. They pride themselves as warriors and the advent of Major General Muhammadu Buhari – a man seen as epitomising all the virtues and vices ascribed to the Fulani, and who they see as an Icon and a Messiah – as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has really emboldened the Fulani. The result is that more than ever before, because of the manner of governance of Mr President, the Fulani now arrogantly consider themselves as being superior to other tribes that make up Nigeria including their other Northern brethren.

I used to argue that Nigeria is indivisible, and we must protect its unity with everything we have but not any longer. While I may not yet have crossed the Rubicon, I’m sufficiently convinced and reasonably assured that Nigeria is truly on the fringe of another civil war if we do not push back. I know that those in government are not likely to see or feel the heat like most of us watching from the sidelines. President Buhari has obviously driven Nigeria closer to war than any of our leaders since 1967. What is worse is his nonchalant and reckless demeanour and outlook. He just does not seem to care about whatever happens to the country he campaigned vigorously and beguilingly to lead and on which basis the unsuspecting majority of Nigerians entrusted their future to him! This is a man who appeared to wear his patriotism on his sleeve when he cried bitterly after being adjudged as having lost the 2011 Presidential elections. He cut a sorry, pathetic figure then. It now appears that this was all part of a charade aimed at wooing and ingratiating himself into the heart of Nigerians who naturally sympathised with him.

While it is very convenient for our Fulani compatriots to play the victim and blame everyone else for the woes they have brought upon all of us for no justifiable reason, they need to be told the gospel truth. Many of us do not hate the Fulani but they obviously hate us non-Fulani people especially those of us who are south of the Niger. They hate many facts about us. They hate our liberal nature and our psychedelic and glamorous lifestyles, but we do not concern ourselves with how they live their own lives. It is their choice that they decide to live a spartan almost ascetic existence out of suppression and subjugation. We are very tolerant and do not even mind that this tends to draw us back. Many of the Fulani who are not astute enough view us as arrogant, but this is not true. What they call arrogance is a product of our Western education and robust knowledge of the world which is in stark contrast to the Arabic education that most of them possess and embrace. We do not begrudge them their education which is steeped in religious mores because we recognise that we live in a secular nation. We appreciate that Arabic education is itself of a high standard and encompasses almost all facets of human life and endeavour whereas Western Education may sometimes be narrow and limited in certain aspects. What is not in doubt is that Western education breeds in us a degree of confidence which is seen as a threat by our fellow Fulani citizens.

The Fulani have been over-pampered in Nigeria. We have ascribed to them humongous mythical powers which they do not possess. Because of our conciliatory nature and disposition, we have been complicit in elevating their status and position in the country. For this reason, it has been easy for them to manipulate us into the position where we find ourselves today. Based on this false premise on invincibility, we have allowed the Fulani to hold power for periods much longer than all other ethnic groups in our country. They have almost erroneously come to consider it their birthright to lead Nigeria to the detriment of other sections of the country. Yet, despite all this extended leadership periods, their people remain almost irredeemably pauperised. The reason is simple, lack of proper education (Western or Arabic) and, more importantly, vocational training have rendered many of the Fulani youths unemployed and unemployable. The Northern politicians who chose to use the Almajiris as their slaves and thugs particularly during elections have shot themselves in the foot. They have murdered sleep. Restless and restive youths will eventually turn on their handlers. It has always been a disaster waiting to happen. Feudalism could never work for too long and certainly the opening of eyes occasioned by various forms of social media has meant that these youths can see how they have been repressed and oppressed. Many of the Fulani oligarchs and nouveau riche can no longer visit their villages and sleep with their two eyes closed. Their leaders refused to take a cue from Chief Obafemi Awolowo whose main legacy was the investment in free education.

Therefore, my first suggestion to our Fulani friends is that they should abolish their wasteful investments on unproductive ventures like foreign exchange trading and ill-thought projects like building a railway to Niger Republic or the rehabilitation of moribund refineries with a whopping billions of US Dollars. Let them embark urgently on compulsory Western education mixed with Arabic norms and teachings. In this way, they will produce stellar citizens who will develop their cattle rearing methods, if indeed they must continue to rear cattle. I am certain though that they will realise that the world does not begin and end with cows!

Next is the overbearing Fulani attitude of cornering every important position in the government. This will always be a major source of friction. It is not feasible or sustainable in the long term and the Fulani being in the minority will eventually be the losers. They should realise that their champion, Buhari, has over-acted and overreached himself by his apparent Fulanisation agenda. Neither he nor them can or will last. The more the Southerners protest against clear acts of division, oppression and suppression, the more Buhari provokes them recklessly with more insulting appointments for Northerners. It will all lead to tears for them in the end because when you push people to the wall and there is nowhere else to go, they will come out fighting with all guns blazing.

The Northern Hausa-Fulani irredentists should also understand that Southern Nigeria is too cosmopolitan and globally influential to be conquered by any invading Fulani bandits and terrorists. This is what is playing out now. The Government may be turning a blind eye to their atrocities but those being pillaged, raped and murdered will not do so. Their home is their castle, and they will stoutly and robustly defend it. This may ultimately be what makes the downfall of Nigeria.

What Buhari has succeeded in doing is to unite the Southerners in the face of common tribulations. I have never seen the level of anger I see today in our country. Only God through our youths can possibly avert the monumental collapse of a once beautiful and powerful country brought to its knees by the myopic vision of a bigot. The truth is Nigeria is greater than all this and I believe that as the Fulani youths achieve their emancipation through qualitative education, they will join their Southern brethren in creating a Nigeria based on equality, fairness and justice. This is not a pipe dream. Our country’s youths may well save us.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by JaneYave(f): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
I have friends all over oo, but one place I no go be .... ..... I cannot fit try. Talking about accepting emancipation through qualitative education reminds me on the investments on normadic education.Its just sad.
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by SarkinYarki: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
Cool down sir .you don't have any fulani friend ..know this and have peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by helinues: 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
Mr Dele, anywhere Belle Face.

Package version of FFK
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Arewa1stSon: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ok
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by KoleDgreat2020(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
the truth.. Fulanis will not be on top forever.. Everything that has a beginning also has an end

6 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Racoon(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
They pride themselves as warriors and the advent of Major General Muhammadu Buhari a man seen as epitomising all the virtues and vices ascribed to the Fulani and who they see as an Icon and a Messiah – as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has really emboldened the Fulani.

The result is that more than ever before, because of the manner of governance of Mr President, the Fulani now arrogantly consider themselves as being superior to other tribes that make up Nigeria including their other Northern brethren.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by helinues: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
Racoon:
They pride themselves as warriors and the advent of Major General Muhammadu Buhari a man seen as epitomising all the virtues and vices ascribed to the Fulani and who they see as an Icon and a Messiah – as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has really emboldened the Fulani.

The result is that more than ever before, because of the manner of governance of Mr President, the Fulani now arrogantly consider themselves as being superior to other tribes that make up Nigeria including their other Northern brethren.

Mr Dele was smart enough to direct his message directly to Fulani, but as usual, you must find a way of Lumping Buhari to it..

Is it really true that Atiku is a Cameroonian?

1 Like

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by November1857(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nice write up dude !

The Fulani's want Nigeria remain indivisible in order to conquer every nook and cranny of it....

3 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Adonispco: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
Some Nigerians are weaklings; Buhari had been buried since 2017; if at all this country will see the light of the day come 2023 i will solemnly lead any protest aimed at dividing this shithole.
Quote me verbatim; there is a hidden agenda by these fulanis to conquer all Nigeria territory.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by November1857(m): 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2021
helinues:

Mr Dele was smart enough to direct his message directly to Fulani, but as usual, you must find a way of Lumping Buhari to it..

Monogamy has disappear for now !

9 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by NigeriaIsZOO: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2021
They will not listen until it's too late. Everyone now knows that Nigeria is about to collapse into fragments yet the FOOLanis continue in their drunk attempts at conquering others.

Their Waterloo is coming!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by LokoH(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2021
k
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Franzinni: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
Dele is mostly patriotic in his demeanor... I respect that about him .. but you are a tuna in a sea of hungry territorial pirrihana.. they can't hear when all they want is a piece of flesh.

I am not saying fulani people are pirrihana ... I mean the whole nigeria gabadaya!!!

Before dem block me for obajana road haha!!! Dem rob me there once since then ....hmmm to be continued.
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Fantasticcc: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
Is becoming clearer that buhari will be the last president of nigeria atleast the ones biafrans are part of

4 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Nigeriabiafra82: 9:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ok
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by nthony10: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nice write up but Fulanis have succeeded in angering other ethnic groups to the limit, it seems their only resort is the military because They control everything.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by LokoH(m): 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
Carlyscales:
. Their leaders refused to take a cue from Chief Obafemi Awolowo

Dele do you want buhari to make use of otapiapia ?
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
helinues:

Package version of FFK
Helinues our son.
Where have you been?
Sai mama.

Cc lzaa ngadaawo tochi3

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by LokoH(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
Carlyscales:
. Their leaders refused to take a cue from Chief Obafemi Awolowo

Dele, are you advising buhari to make use of otapiapia ?
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
Is it not funny how those who disagreed with MNK have come to embrace his ideology so quickly?

MNK really deserve an ovation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by DarlingtonC: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
helinues:

Package version of FFK
Point out something wrong in what he wrote
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Lcf69(m): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
Nice put together bt,Mr Dele remains,an absolute writer of facts on clutches...... PINNED.
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by tit(f): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wise up.
The Fulani have acquired a few more jets.
They also count the votes.

What did you say you are going to do again?

1 Like

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by lastmessenger: 12:15am On Apr 11, 2021
My question is this,who advice bihari and make him believe his pipe dream is achievable.
God knows I will join a militia to defend my land if these herdsmen try shit in my place.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 11, 2021
Mnh get this laptop for 40k only, check my profile
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Whois(m): 4:18am On Apr 11, 2021
Enough is enough

1 Like

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by Racoon(m): 4:47am On Apr 11, 2021
helinues:
Mr Dele was smart enough to direct his message directly to Fulani, but as usual, you must find a way of Lumping Buhari to it.....
As part you must do sai baba zombiesm after coming back from your sojourn nah, this is the first nonsense you can think about.Was the quoted excerpt not lifted from the passage?

Did you read that "Major General Muhammadu Buhari a man seen as epitomising all the virtues and vices ascribed to the Fulani and who they see as an Icon and a Messiah – as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has really emboldened the Fulani.

The result is that more than ever before, because of the manner of governance of Mr President, the Fulani now arrogantly consider themselves as being superior to other tribes that make up Nigeria including their other Northern brethren."
from the passage?

So what is the logic of your arguement mr Helinues? Or you have comprehension problem? What is it written up there that is not true about the blood thirsty president? One thought you have learnt your lesson by changing monika to Monogamy but alas, the zombiesm still runs deep in the blood.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:24am On Apr 11, 2021
helinues:

are you just paid to comment ? You obviously didn't read the article. That post you replied to was lifted word for word from the article, stop embarrassing yourself I'm begging you cool
Re: The Truth My Fulani Friends Must Accept – By Dele Momodu by ivandragon: 6:34am On Apr 11, 2021
It is unfortunate that the Fulanis, especially those in Nigeria, look up to PMB...

PMB is the worst character for anyone hoping to possess a broad & tolerant viewpoint to look up to.

However, other nationalities need to bring to bear their higher exposure by not turning their own regions to war zones where indiscriminate killings & destructions are the order of the day...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Plane Crash: How I Escaped From Bandits, Air Force Pilot Narrates / Operation Wuta Wuta Firefire Ongoing In Zamfara Against Bandits -photo & Video / Jagaban Gives Earthshaking Speech, Crowd Goes Gaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.