Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,756,263 members, 6,549,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 21 October 2021 at 12:34 PM

How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. (1400 Views)

Rema Was Scammed By Brisk Capital Investment / How My Brother In Canada Was Scammed With A Fake Check By A Yahooboy In Nigeria / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 10:00pm On Apr 10
Good day guys,
This happened to a friend.
She received a call on the 9th of April, 2021. The caller asked her to open a sportybet account so she could subscribe to their channel and receive sure odds. She opened the account as instructed (she’s a novice in sports betting and she never gambled before). The caller requested her to input her bank details in the account, they gained access to the account by telling her to send the otp received for password change.
The scammer emptied the money in her account into the sportybet and paid out the money into a paycom account opened in her name. Have made a complain to sportybet and paycom, my issue is why is sportybet always used to wipe people card and paycom used to launder the fund.
My finding is that.
Sportybet doesn’t have a good risk and fraud control team, for a sport betting platform kyc should be your priority, there should be a no kyc no withdrawal rule. But this is Nigeria , companies just come and set up without adequate security measures.
As regards paycom/opay, why would someone open a functional account within a minute in someone else’s name. No verification from your end to determine if the account name and d customer name correspond. CBN needs to look into this fun tech companies, to stop them from aiding crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by heniford2: 10:12pm On Apr 10
sorry about your loss your sister or brother are mumu

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by rexchazy(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10
I have been scammed too with that format. The funniest thing is that he will go to church tomorrow to dance and give offering from that money

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by harmargedon: 10:31pm On Apr 10
rexchazy:
I have been scammed too with that format. The funniest thing is that he will go to church tomorrow to dance and give offering from that money
grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by dawnomike(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10
americaninja1:
Good day guys,
She received a call on the 9th of April, 2021. The caller asked her to open a sportybet account so she could subscribe to their channel and receive sure odds. She opened the account as instructed (she’s a novice in sports betting and she never gambled before). The caller requested her to input her bank details in the account, they gained access to the account by telling her to send the otp received for password change.
The scammer emptied the money in her account into the sportybet and paid out the money into a paycom account opened in her name. Have made a complain to sportybet and paycom, my issue is why is sportybet always used to wipe people card and paycom used to launder the fund.
My finding is that.
Sportybet doesn’t have a good risk and fraud control team, for a sport betting platform kyc should be your priority, there should be a no kyc no withdrawal rule. But this is Nigeria , companies just come and set up without adequate security measures.
As regards paycom/opay, why would someone open a functional account within a minute in someone else’s name. No verification from your end to determine if the account name and d customer name correspond. CBN needs to look into this fun tech companies, to stop them from aiding crime.
We all need to get smarter... Anyone can fall a victim of scam but at least, don't make it this easy for scammers to scam you.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 11:23pm On Apr 10
dawnomike:
We all need to get smarter... Anyone can fall a victim of scam but at least, don't make it this easy for scammers to scam you.
This isn’t me. She’s a novice and doesn’t know her way around it, they took advantage of her ignorance. She played a part too. But the firms shouldn’t have made it easy for their platform to be an enabler. Measures can be put in place by the firms to curb this.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 7:44am On Apr 11
heniford2:
sorry about your loss your sister or brother are mumu
Thanks for the consolation and abuse. It can happen to anybody you know. It Is only in Nigeria we praise the scammer, we call them smart guy and call the victim dumb. Reason why illegal money are glorified and corruption is on the high. I see why victims don’t want to come out and report fraud cases because even our police has d same mentality as u.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 7:51am On Apr 11
rexchazy:
sorry for your loss. Thank God it wasn’t her salary bank she used, they would have wiped off her life savings.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by Duplexxx: 9:04am On Apr 11
Mugu na mugu

Dem catch he/she mugu
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by Femeto: 10:04am On Apr 11
americaninja1:
Good day guys,
My finding is that.
The phone number nko? Your not blaming your friend for being used by scammers.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 11:32am On Apr 11
Duplexxx:
Mugu na mugu

Dem catch he/she mugu
I’m not disputing that she fell mugu. She self no say she fall mugu. But when one of your family members lose his/her life savings, falling mugu to another scheme of scam. Make sure u use dis same energy.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 11:34am On Apr 11
Femeto:
The phone number nko? Your not blaming your friend for being used by scammers.
she blamed herself already. Is it all about the victim? Is scamming Na lawful in Nigeria. Abi iru awon omo wo niyi.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by Femeto: 11:39am On Apr 11
americaninja1:
she blamed herself already. Is it all about the victim? Is scamming Na lawful in Nigeria. Abi iru awon omo wo niyi.
Iwo ati tani omo? Almost all Nigerians know Sporty bet to be a scam platform. So whatever you do is at your own risk.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 11:52am On Apr 11
Femeto:
Iwo ati tani omo? Almost all Nigerians know Sporty bet to be a scam platform. So whatever you do is at your own risk.
when you utter words like Omo, u need to be called Omo regardless of your age. U said almost all Nigerians know about this. Where did u get that stat from? Not even all Nigerians know how sports bet work. They told her she was getting the registration wrong and they need to make it right, she’s a novice and they preyed on that. U should be talking about how sportybet became an overnight money laundering platform for scammers, when we have over 20 active bookmakers .
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by Femeto: 11:59am On Apr 11
americaninja1:
when you utter words like Omo, u need to be called Omo regardless of your age. U said almost all Nigerians know about this. Where did u get that stat from? Not even all Nigerians know how sports bet work. They told her she was getting the registration wrong and they need to make it right, she’s a novice and they preyed on that. U should be talking about how sportybet became an overnight money laundering platform for scammers, when we have over 20 active bookmakers .
Guy. Give yourself brain. Go anywhere and report. They would blame your friend all day. They would tell you nothing can be done. If you like let that sink fast it your business. Sportybet wey people money dey dissappear for their account even without any transaction.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 12:07pm On Apr 11
Femeto:
Guy. Give yourself brain. Go anywhere and report. They would blame your friend all day. They would tell you nothing can be done. If you like let that sink fast it your business. Sportybet wey people money dey dissappear for their account even without any transaction.
I can see that you are uncouth. So blaming the victim and ignoring the perpetrators , is the right thing to do? Nigerians don suffer. How will the country advance with this your type of mentality?
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by Sirvon: 4:57pm On Apr 11
Honestly, I have been using sportybet for over a year now...I have never been scammed by sportybet.

All I know is that with sportybet , you can deposit and fund your account and will not get bank apart until after some days...in some cases, I will receive debits of alert after 3 days. However, I know I did the deposits myself.

I also know very well that sportybet have a verifying code you must input before any transactions ( deposits, withdraw) will be completed and this is supposed to be a security measure.

Now back to your point, your friend only fell into scammers hand and not sportybet.

I am not a staff of sportybet please note, I am just trying to bring out this points, and to also ask...HOW OLD IS YOUR FRIEND?

How can she give out her OTP, every banks and every financial organization will warn never to give out OTP to any person.

She made a big mistake, but making it look as if it is sportybet that scammed her is wrong and very very wrong of you bross.

Call out the scammers and not sportybet.

Thanks
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by americaninja1: 7:43pm On Apr 11
Sirvon:
Honestly, I have been using sportybet for over a year now...I have never been scammed by sportybet.

All I know is that with sportybet , you can deposit and fund your account and will not get bank apart until after some days...in some cases, I will receive debits of alert after 3 days. However, I know I did the deposits myself.

I also know very well that sportybet have a verifying code you must input before any transactions ( deposits, withdraw) will be completed and this is supposed to be a security measure.

Now back to your point, your friend only fell into scammers hand and not sportybet.

I am not a staff of sportybet please note, I am just trying to bring out this points, and to also ask...HOW OLD IS YOUR FRIEND?

How can she give out her OTP, every banks and every financial organization will warn never to give out OTP to any person.

She made a big mistake, but making it look as if it is sportybet that scammed her is wrong and very very wrong of you bross.

Thanks

Bro if u read the what I wrote clearly, I never mentioned that she was scammed by sportybet but stated that sportybet platform was used for the scam. I use sportybet and other bookmakers for sure, if you are honest with yourself u will know that other platforms cannot be compromised easily.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by martooski(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21
This guy is one of the scammer

Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by Caramia2020(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21
Laughing, some one ask u for OTP u just send n d bet company is somehow, how will something like dis keep reoccurring while u just ignored despite numerous complaints n u want people to register with u guys. Op let her celebrate n run far from betting before she enter one by being an addicted gambler.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by palsenator(m): 7:54am On Aug 22
Sirvon:

Thanks

That's the point. You don't give out your otp to anyone for any reason.

But then it shows the vulnerability. It shows the nativity which the scammer explored.

It's not a case of mumu or greed. It's pure naive on the side of the victim. It happens but sporty bet has a lot of work to do. They have been 5&6 with scamming these days.
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by martooski(m): 8:40am On Aug 22
palsenator:

That's the point. You don't give out your otp to anyone for any reason.

But then it shows the vulnerability. It shows the nativity which the scammer explored.

It's not a case of mumu or greed. It's pure naive on the side of the victim. It happens but sporty bet has a lot of work to do. They have been 5&6 with scamming these days.

The problem with sporty Voice OTP is they it comes in the normal 080******** number and there is nothing in the voice to indicate it's from sportybet
Re: How I Was Scammed With Sportybet Account. by hackwi(m): 1:54pm On Aug 24
I am currently chatting with one now trying to scam me... see his face here please

(1) (Reply)

Gay: Homosexulist Caught In Ifitedunu In Anambra State - Video / 2 Of 4 Uniport Students Killed By ALUU's Were Upcoming Rap Act / Meet The Father Of The Drowned Syrian Boy, Visited His Son’s Body (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.