Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? (7785 Views)

I Need Deliverance, I Have No Peace Of Mind When I'm Rich / Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners? / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by Johncuppa(m): 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
While Jesus Christ Himself essentially promised His followers that they would experience suffering and tribulation in His name, He did tell them not to worry since He has already overcome the world, implying they do not need "deliverance" from what you call oppression but endurance instead. undecided
What you will get in New creation realities, but not so under spiritual warfare and deliverance ministry.
Like saying Jesus became poor so we can be rich gives believers automatic access to prosperity.
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by Kobojunkiee: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Johncuppa:

What you will get in New creation realities, but not so under spiritual warfare and deliverance ministry.
Like saying Jesus became poor so we can be rich gives believers automatic access to prosperity.
What do you term "New creation realities" and what do you consider "spiritual warfare"? undecided

Take for example, the continued resistance of the religion authorities of His day to Jesus Christ and His teachings, even to the point of declaring His death was necessary for the good of the nation .. what do you consider that? undecided

What do you consider the stoning to death of Stephen, as documented in the book of Acts and the eventual murder of James in Jerusalem? undecided
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by shadeyinka(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I believe the OP meant deliverance of the demonic kind, what is now commonplace in Nigeria... deliverance from demons which many religious tend to see everywhere they look. undecided
Forget about the drama you see on TV. Deliverance isnt for exhibition purposes.
This doesn't mean that deliverance is not real. Most deliverances comes with no physical manifestations. But deliverance takes place only when demons are confronted in the life of the demonized.

Kobojunkiee:

Also since Jesus Christ promised there would indeed be suffering and tribulations for those who belong to Him, didn't He, by stating that He had overcome the world for their sake, suggest by that rather than deliverance, what they needed instead was endurance? undecided
Addictions have not to do with the Soul but the mental - the mind is where addictions live while the soul is indirectly afflicted by the pain. I don't believe it is possible for a demon to directly afflict the soul though. undecided
Environmental demons or just humans acting with a united goal? undecided
undecided
Not all hardship are caused by demons!
Some are self inflicted hardship, communal hardship, hardship caused by accidental events, hardships cause by gang up of people etc. However, there are some hardships that are demonic in origin.

The Soul is the Personal/Self IDENTITY of a Person. It consists of the Intellect, Emotion and Will of a person. A subset of the Soul is the Mind of a person. Just like the Body can be SICK, so can any of these three components of the Soul can also be Sick. Some of the sickness are biological in origin while others are demonic. During deliverance, most manifestation is through the SOUL to the Body.

Kobojunkiee:

Why not? undecided
INHERITED diseases such as Diabetes, Glaucoma, Sickle Cell Anemia could be healed simultaneously with salvation BUT the testimony of such occurrence are few inbetween. Most healing take place as a separate experience from salvation.

Kobojunkiee:

And what weapon would that be?undecided
The weapon is the exercise of Authority given by Christ to a believer on demonic entities
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by Johncuppa(m): 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What do you term "New creation realities" and what do you consider "spiritual warfare"? undecided

Take for example, the continued resistance of the religion authorities of His day to Jesus Christ and His teachings, even to the point of declaring His death was necessary for the good of the nation .. what do you consider that? undecided

What do you consider the stoning to death of Stephen, as documented in the book of Acts and the eventual murder of James in Jerusalem? undecided
God bless you bro.
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by Abuventure: 11:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Keeping what flesh in check - you cannot be born again if you are still struggling with sin. And in order for you to be free from slavery to sin, all you need to continue to do is accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ. John 8 undecided

Renewing the mind by the Word- Jesus Christ declared instead that the only thing you need to continue doing is accepting(trust) an obeying the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ -in order for that to happen. undecided

The spirit is regenerated ke? That is found nowhere in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Instead, the rebirth by the Spirit is like a possession where He takes control of your. Body, mind and soul - that is how He works to renew your very mind, even as you continue to accept(trust) and obey the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
thanks bro. but you have to understand that becoming born again has nothing to do with your body, it is of the spirit. For instance urge to sex is natural and being born again does not stop that. Romans 21:1 ... That ye present your bodies as living sacrifice,holy acceptable unto God... Paul was writing to born again Christians. 1Corinth9:27 But I keep under my body and bring it into subjection. Even Paul had to keep his body on check. Until one is dead he has to deal with lust of the flesh and no deliverance will stop that.i recommend you "how you can be lead by the spirit of God" by Kenneth hagin
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by Kobojunkiee: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
Abuventure:
thanks bro. but you have to understand that becoming born again has nothing to do with your body, it is of the spirit. For instance urge to sex is natural and being born again does not stop that. Romans 21:1 ... That ye present your bodies as living sacrifice,holy acceptable unto God... Paul was writing to born again Christians. 1Corinth9:27 But I keep under my body and bring it into subjection. Even Paul had to keep his body on check. Until one is dead he has to deal with lust of the flesh and no deliverance will stop that.i recommend you "how you can be lead by the spirit of God" by Kenneth hagin
I recommend instead that you read the Gospels where the teachings of Jesus Christ are found written so you can learn the Truth of God instead of the lies of men. undecided

In John 8, Jesus Christ tells you that you can indeed overcome bondage to sin, even lust and the way to doing that is to learn His Truth and apply it -submit yourself to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

Lust, not sex, is a sin and can be overcome just the same way as unforgiveness can. It begins by and happens by your putting your Trust in the teachings of Jesus Christ, not the words and writings of men called Paul or Kenneth Hagin, and your obedience of the commandments as He, Jesus Christ, calls you to. undecided
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by phunshyrock: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
Some may say, once you are born again, you are totally free from everything or problem, no deliverance is needed..

But that is not totally true? Why? You have seen born again Christians with one issue or the other, such as attacks, repeated sicknesses, marital delays, oppressions etc.

It's true. I believe, being born again gives you the access to deal with certain issues of life through Christ. Please what is your own view? And if you feel am wrong, hope you have never had any issues in you life that required deliverance.

Deliverance is a thing of the mind. This is why constant renewal of our mind is important according to what Apostle Paul wrote. If you believe whatever is happening to yoh is still as a result of demons or marine powers, then that will limit you from the Victory Christ has already won for you as a Believer.
Before i got married, a man of God said i had a Spirit husband and that he is the one preventing me from getting married. From that night i started imagining and dreaming of someone coming to meet me in the dream and trying to lure me to sleep with him.

Then one day a Pastor came to my Office and when he was about leaving, i went to him and told him my plight, then he laughed and said it was what was said to me that brought about the dreams and imagination. He gave me some scriptures and asked me to Meditate on them and also pray with the word of God. 2 weeks later, the same figure came to me in the dream and before he got to me, i stood up where i was in the dream and began to speak the scriptures that i have been meditating on, declaring and confessing them, i confessed to life and i was panting when i woke up. That was the end of the dream and frpm that night i started imagining myself married and having a home. Its been 17 years today and that Victory opened my eyes to the Power of Imagination. Our mind is very powerful, what we allow in and what we hear is so important.

4 years after i got married, i called the pastor who told me spirit husband was following me, before i said "hello" the first thing he said was "my sister, this spirit husband is not ready to leave you o" I smiled and told him i am alreadh married. He ended the call immediately.

Don't let the enemy hold you captive with words. RENEW YOUR MIND AND KNOW THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOURSELF. Peace!!!
Re: Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? by CDMHELPDESK007: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2023
Some may say, once you are born again, you are totally free from everything or problem, no deliverance is needed..

But that is not totally true? Why? You have seen born again Christians with one issue or the other, such as attacks, repeated sicknesses, marital delays, oppressions etc.

It's true. I believe, being born again gives you the access to deal with certain issues of life through Christ. Please what is your own view? And if you feel am wrong, hope you have never had any issues in you life that required deliverance.

OP, every child of God do need deliverance, you can use this self deliverance prayer from servant Victor David at the comfort of your home and you will thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnx7S2FLVRI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / "i Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Heaven / Prayers, Fasting, Reading The Bible & Being Sober Are Secret To Less Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.