Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

UK Or Sweden - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Or Sweden (2391 Views)

After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Help Migrating To Canada Or Sweden / Brazil Or Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Or Sweden by engrkosi: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Hello NL.
I am in need of a candid advice from you guys because I am about to make a critical decision in my life rn.
I have two admissions in the UK (leicester University and Newcastle University), and one from Sweden (Linkopings University).. The program is MSc Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics option). The funding won't be an issue for any of the schools I choose to attend, However I am kind of confused in making that choice of school and country.. The reason being that I am considering opportunities in both countries after the studies, part time jobs during the studies, cost of living, possibility of PR (permanent residence) after the studies, Racism and the likes ... If you were in shoes, which of the country would you choose ..
Re: UK Or Sweden by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
engrkosi:
Hello NL.
I am in need of a candid advice from you guys because I am about to make a critical decision in my life rn.
I have two admissions in the UK (leicester University and Newcastle University), and one from Sweden (Linkopings University).. The program is MSc Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics option). The funding won't be an issue for any of the schools I choose to attend, However I am kind of confused in making thaikpot choice of school and country.. The reason being that I am considering opportunities in both countries after the studies, part time jobs during the studies, cost of living, possibility of PR (permanent residence) after the studies, Racism and the likes ... If you were in shoes, which of the country would you choose ..

Choose Sweden,more job opportunities
Re: UK Or Sweden by rottenPussy: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nigeria’s glitter is soon to come.

Stay put!
Re: UK Or Sweden by Elnon: 2:02pm On Apr 11, 2021
Sweden ASAP...
engrkosi:
Hello NL.
I have two admissions in the UK (leicester University and Newcastle University), and one from Sweden (Linkopings University).. The program is MSc Mechanical Engineering (Mechatronics option). The funding won't be an issue for any of the schools I choose to attend, However I am kind of confused in making that choice of school and country.. The reason being that I am considering opportunities in both countries after the studies, part time jobs during the studies, cost of living, possibility of PR (permanent residence) after the studies, Racism and the likes ... If you were in shoes, which of the country would you choose ..
Re: UK Or Sweden by meadow10000: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2021
Please go for UK since funding will not be an issue. You will easily integrate into the UK system coupled with the student jobs available. Also, the recent 2 years post study visa will be beneficial to you but if you go for the other, you must be ready to learn the language. Language is an important thing for you to better integrate into the system.

My opinion.

1 Like

Re: UK Or Sweden by Goldbw122(m): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
Elnon:
Sweden ASAP...
one from Sweden (Linkopings University), I will choose this one, There are fewer blacks there so you will learn a lot of how to integrate into society and get a good job.. Learn Sweden language so that you will get a job real fast.
Re: UK Or Sweden by jesmond3945: 8:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
engrkosi:
Hello NL.
uk's currency is stronger, there are jobs in uk. However cost of living in uk is higher but cheaper in Newcastle, racism is lower in liecester and sweden but higher in Newcastle.
Re: UK Or Sweden by engrkosi: 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
rottenPussy:
Nigeria’s glitter is soon to come.

Stay put!
Pls can you expantiate on this some more .. thanks
Re: UK Or Sweden by engrkosi: 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
meadow10000:
Please go for UK since funding will not be an issue. You will easily integrate into the UK system coupled with the student jobs available. Also, the recent 2 years post study visa will be beneficial to you but if you go for the other, you must be ready to learn the language. Language is an important thing for you to better integrate into the system.

My opinion.
Learning a new language won't be an issue .. although english is still wildly spoken in sweden and the courses are taught in english according to their program website ...
Re: UK Or Sweden by engrkosi: 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
jesmond3945:
uk's currency is stronger, there are jobs in uk. However cost of living in uk is higher but cheaper in Newcastle, racism is lower in liecester and sweden but higher in Newcastle.

Sweden even though they have their native currency is still part of the european union, meaning that they use euro and euro is still strong... I believe Sweden has a solid economy with room for growth .. my thought though, I might be wrong ..
Re: UK Or Sweden by jesmond3945: 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
engrkosi:

Sweden even though they have their native currency is still part of the european union, meaning that they use euro and euro is still strong... I believe Sweden has a solid economy with room for growth .. my thought though, I might be wrong ..
sweden jobs would pay you in sek and not Euro.
Re: UK Or Sweden by Cousin9999: 3:06am On Apr 12, 2021
There's a lot to say, but I'll just say this:

You will enjoy the UK much more on personal level, and you can take advantage of support networks there that probably don't exist (generally speaking) in Sweden. Despite being mostly oyinbo, it has a large black population (almost 2M). The education system will be familiar as will the language.

But Sweden may have a more guaranteed path to citizenship and more job opportunities at higher pay. However, it's a place that's significantly more racist. Swedish culture and people are boring, and their food is disgusting. There's close to 250k Africans in Sweden. Most of them are Somali, Eritrean, and Ethiopian. Apparently, a substantial number of them don't consider themselves the same race as Africans outside their country, regardless of their complexion. This could be an unfair stereotype though. Sweden is a lot colder, and they apparently have 18 hours of darkness in the winter, and the daylight isn't even like day.

Stockholm hasn’t had a single hour of sunlight all month
https://www.thelocal.se/20201209/stockholm-and-karlstad-havent-had-a-single-hour-of-sunlight-all-month/?amp
Re: UK Or Sweden by engrkosi: 6:45am On Apr 12, 2021
Cousin9999:
There's a lot to say, but I'll just say this:

You will enjoy the UK much more on personal level, and you can take advantage of support networks there that probably don't exist (generally speaking) in Sweden. Despite being mostly oyinbo, it has a large black population (almost 2M). The education system will be familiar as will the language.

But Sweden may have a more guaranteed path to citizenship and more job opportunities at higher pay. However, it's a place that's significantly more racist. Swedish culture and people are boring, and their food is disgusting. There's close to 250k Africans in Sweden. Most of them are Somali, Eritrean, and Ethiopian. Apparently, a substantial number of them don't consider themselves the same race as Africans outside their country, regardless of their complexion. This could be an unfair stereotype though. Sweden is a lot colder, and they apparently have 18 hours of darkness in the winter, and the daylight isn't even like day.

Stockholm hasn’t had a single hour of sunlight all month
https://www.thelocal.se/20201209/stockholm-and-karlstad-havent-had-a-single-hour-of-sunlight-all-month/?amp

Hmmm
Re: UK Or Sweden by MufasaLion: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2021
UK is still your best shot!
Re: UK Or Sweden by Cityboyy: 11:50am On Apr 12, 2021
Go to the Uk pls. You’ll integrate better in the Uk and can get a student job without language restrictions. The UK is also more fun and international student friendly. Sweden is boooring. The people are not so friendly and you’re more likely to face “in-your-face” racism, compared to Uk.
The only reason you’d want to consider Sweden is because it is under Schengen and you can travel to other Schengen countries without visa. But think about your future and everyday life. Don’t underestimate the struggle of learning a new language and being expected to speak like a native during your job search.
Re: UK Or Sweden by engrkosi: 6:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Cityboyy:
Go to the Uk pls. You’ll integrate better in the Uk and can get a student job without language restrictions. The UK is also more fun and international student friendly. Sweden is boooring. The people are not so friendly and you’re more likely to face “in-your-face” racism, compared to Uk.
The only reason you’d want to consider Sweden is because it is under Schengen and you can travel to other Schengen countries without visa. But think about your future and everyday life. Don’t underestimate the struggle of learning a new language and being expected to speak like a native during your job search.
Alright. Thank you for this piece
Re: UK Or Sweden by Binutiri(m): 12:35am On Apr 18, 2021
My bro dont go to Sweden ,you Will suffer. They are proffesionally racist and believe blacks are 3rd class citizen. In short passive racist.
Re: UK Or Sweden by ednut1(m): 1:31am On Apr 18, 2021
Sweden in my opinion. You may not get pr easily in uk after studying
Re: UK Or Sweden by Blessedmom22: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please where did you later choose and why? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 African Countries With The Most Beautiful Ladies In 2024, See Number 2 / US Immigrant Visa Questions / South Africa Lockdown: Day 1 IN PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.