Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not (220 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home / Debrah Osagiede Is Dead Spirit And Life Bible Church Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not by davidinchrist(m): 8:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
It's not very difficult to know actually, especially if WE ARE NOT FAKES OURSELVES. The Bible says, "Deep calls unto deep". So we might as well say, "Fakes call unto fakes".

Personally, over the years I have found that far too many Pastors/Prophets/Church founders are fakes, which is usually exposed particularly in their attitudes to Money and Popularity. Jesus said one could not serve two masters: God plus Money, or God plus People and their praises or acceptance.

When I stumble on a preacher, I don't just want to focus on his correct doctrines or Bible quotations, but to rather sense his spirit. Is he an example of Jesus like Paul, Peter, John, etc. Or just another common example of some great American preacher or international Church founder?

Many of us are deceived by correct words, religious activities, wonders, signs, prosperity, etc. Well, even the devil can contain ALL of that, but how about Christlikeness: humility, holiness, loving God above money, people and all other things of the world? I think we know the answer!

It says narrow is the way and few find it. If we don't accept the truth, then we DESERVE to be DECEIVED.

If we love the truth, we would be blessed with the gift to discern between the wrong and the right; Jesus servants and Antichrists in sheep's clothing.

Matt.24.24 - For there shall arise FALSE Christs, and FALSE prophets, and shall shew GREAT signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall DECEIVE THE VERY ELECT.

BUT,

John 14:15 - If you love me obey my commandments (as written in the new testament).

God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not by Jashub: 8:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
Nice write up
Re: How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not by danvon(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
Easy they are all fake although some are better actors than others tho
Re: How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not by davidinchrist(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2021
danvon:
Easy they are all fake although some are better actors than others tho

Not all friend, just that they are very very few, and they are scattered around the world; not usually well-known, great, rich or liked by people.

In Nigeria, I can think one fairly-known preacher: bro Gbile Akanni. In india: Zac poonen.

They are all over, but are not usually that popular and stinkingly rich.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not by HealerH: 7:46am On Apr 12, 2021
OK.
But I'll advice you to stop wasting your time knowing if your Pastor is Real or Fake. Only God knows who's who. Unless you want to play God.

What you should do is this. Don't sheepishly follow Pastors. Listen to their messages (oral as well as practical), take the part of their message that gives sense to your life and leave the rest. You must not take everything Men of God tell you. Just like you, they're imperfect beings and are susceptible to errors.

And when you know and understand that they are imperfect, you'll avoid the mistake of interpreting their shortcomings as diabolic. (For you know your parents are imperfect yet you don't say they're diabolic)

Lastly, even Pastors whose foundation is evidently diabolic get to pass messages that makes sense to our lives. Take the message and live your life.
Re: How You Can Tell Whether Your Pastor/Church Founder is Fake or Not by davidinchrist(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2021
HealerH:
OK.
But I'll advice you to stop wasting your time knowing if your Pastor is Real or Fake. Only God knows who's who. Unless you want to play God.

What you should do is this. Don't sheepishly follow Pastors. Listen to their messages (oral as well as practical), take the part of their message that gives sense to your life and leave the rest. You must not take everything Men of God tell you. Just like you, they're imperfect beings and are susceptible to errors.

And when you know and understand that they are imperfect, you'll avoid the mistake of interpreting their shortcomings as diabolic. (For you know your parents are imperfect yet you don't say they're diabolic)

Lastly, even Pastors whose foundation is evidently diabolic get to pass messages that makes sense to our lives. Take the message and live your life.

Sorry friend, I quite disagree. Not checking or testing them would even be disobedience: Sin. So the title itself is scriptural. It says:

1. BELIEVE NOT every spirit, but "*TEST*" the spirits whether they are of God: because MANY FALSE PROPHETS are gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1).

2. If one's leader is blind, they will both end up in the ditch (hell) Matt. 15:14

3. To WITHDRAW oneself from anyone ( a pastor or not) who walks disorderly. 2 Thess. 3:6

I could continue, but let me close with these:

Matt.7.15 - BEWARE of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matt.7.16 - You WILL KNOW them by their fruits.

2Tim.3.5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such TURN AWAY.

Matt.24.4 - And Jesus answered and said to them: "TAKE HEED THAT NO ONE deceives you.

Matt.24.5 - For MANY will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ,' and will DECEIVE MANY.

God bless

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Attend More Than One Church? / "We Will Miss Your Physical Presence Man Of God But God Needed You Most" - Lady / See What “indabosk” Did During A Deliverance That Attracted Reactions VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.