Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,423 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

How Far Can Freebie Take You ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Far Can Freebie Take You ? (87 Views)

Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far / How Far Can Bitcoin Go Up? / How Far With MMM Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Far Can Freebie Take You ? by mosesaigbe(m): 8:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
The surest way to achieve a better quality of life, be successful, productive, and fulfilled is to place priority on investing in both personal and professional growth. The effort you put into consistently investing in yourself plays a large role in determining the quality of your life now and in the future.

_

But how often do we pay attention to the truth above?

_

How much do we pay attention to utilizing available trainings to expand our knowledge, stay up to date and explore the creative part of us? Hardly!

_

Thing is, we'd constantly have head trash that interferes with our growth if we do not take the bold step towards intellectual investments.

_

I've been in your shoes before and I know the things that we tell ourselves to create a barrier between our current state and our future state. Things like, 'I don't have money', 'It's too expensive', 'How long will it take me to make back the money I am investing'.

_

When we consider these things, we slip into a state I term Risk Aversion.

_

Risk aversion is the behavior of humans to avoid taking risks basically because the return on investment is ambiguous or hard for them to understand or too small compared to the period of time involved.

_

At this point, we sit back and just wish that growth will happen. Well, I'll be here waiting for anyone who has a resounding testimony of how he or she grew by sitting down to wish that as they advanced in age, growth will happen.

(1) (Reply)

How Smes Can Benefit From Big Data / The Company Provides China Nigeria LCL Shipping Service, Wechat: Zy-77965 / U.S. Sanctions Chinese Computer Makers In Widening Tech Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.