|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,694,245 members, 6,349,926 topics. Date: Monday, 21 June 2021 at 06:30 PM
How Do I Get Rid Of Insecticide Stains On A Laptop. / 4 Tips To Help You Become Free Of Your Every Addiction / I Used The Book Of Revelation To Clean My Buttock In Prison - Pastor Hezekiah (2) (3) (4)
|Tips To Clean Placemats And Remove Stains by ameliawilliams1: 7:23am On Apr 12|
Placemats are a much-needed finish to your table’s overall décor. They add style, a pop of color, and presentation to your table and meal.
Even though they look appealing to the eyes, food stains, and residue renders their look and make them dirty and unappealing over time.
Luckily, no matter which type of placemat you use, there are ways to clean placemats thoroughly, and this is what offers you the freedom of buying any material and shape.
I would love to guide you on how to wash your placemat as this consists of comprehensive tips and steps from my personal experience.
How to Clean Bamboo Placemats
Definitely yes! Bamboo placemats are a great choice when choosing the best placemats for wood tables. They not only add a texture to your table but also enhance the overall look of your dining.
However, if you leave stains and food debris on them for too long, then getting rid of them will not be less than a nightmare.
Since they are not machine-washable, this is the best way to clean your bamboo placemats:
• Shakedown each mat for dislodging food particles
• Make a mixture by adding water and vinegar in equal amounts or mix mild detergent in a gallon of warm water
• Damp a soft cloth or a sponge gently in the mixture and wipe down both sides thoroughly to clean stained placemats
• Dry the bamboo placemats with a clean rag
How to Clean Jute Placemats
The first thing you should learn about jute placemats before cleaning them is that woven jute fabrics get weakened by water.
Therefore, it is not a good idea to spill any type of liquid or leave them soaked overnight.
Luckily, there are many easy ways to clean placemats made with jute and similar fabrics. That is why the first thing you should be careful of is that you must wash your just placemats separately with your hands.
Vinyl placemats are not only heat resistant but also resistant to water, which makes it cleaning easy. On the other hand, jute placemats should only be cleaned using a mild soap in cool water. Here is the best way to clean jute placemat:
• Remove dry pieces of food and gently wash using mild soap in cold water
• Use a stain remover that would not change the color of the fabric
• After washing, dry the placemats either using iron on low heat temperature or air dry them
Best Way to Clean Cloth Placemats
Placemats made of fabric or cloth are sensitive, and they should not be left too long with a stain on them. Furthermore, you should know that cleaning placemats in washing machines made of cloth are not recommended at all.
Follow the below-given steps to remove stains from placemats made of cloth:
• You should carefully scrape off dried debris using either a butter knife or with your fingers
• Use a mixture of soap and water to clean dirt spots on the placemat
• Dip a sponge or a cloth in the mixture and dab the stains on the placemat without scrubbing or rubbing
• You can also use a fabric-safe cleaner on your cloth placemat if the tough stains are giving you a hard time
• Make sure your cleaner does not contain harmful chemicals such as ammonia or bleach
• After cleaning the stain, let the placemats air dry, especially if you use placemats for the wood table as you do not want water seeping into the table
Maintain your placemats more efficiently now to save your day for the next gathering.
|Re: Tips To Clean Placemats And Remove Stains by Alejoas(m): 7:32am On Apr 12|
Thumbs up, where can one get jute mat in Nigeria?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120