Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads (10547 Views)

Demolition: Protesters Barricade Osun Govt House Over Nonpayment Of Compensation / Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Metrix147: 7:51am On Apr 12, 2021
Former governor of Abia state, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has said those who staged a protest against him in Aba, the commercial nerve centre of the state should have instead protested that civil servants, teachers and pensioners have not been paid by the state government for months.

ABN TV reports that the Senate Chief Whip also demanded that they should have channelled their energy calling the attention of the state government to the bad state of the roads in Aba, Umuahia, Obingwa the local government area of the state governor and across the state.

Addressing the people the people of Arochukwu recently during a project tour in the area, he said democracy is about the development of the people but not political office holders.

While decrying the use of thuggery to manipulate elections, the Senator representing Abia North said lack of accountability in governance is traceable to the use of thugs to win election, adding that those who deployed thuggery to win do not come back to account for the people, saying democracy is about one man, one vote.

"In Aba North and South, go and watch, nothing will happen there in the next two years because we are in a democracy of thuggery. When you employed over 5,000 thugs to win a House of Representatives election, it make no sense.

"People who were demonstrating in Aba should be genuinely ashamed of themselves. They should demonstrate against bad governance. They should demonstrate against people like Enyinnaya Abaribe who have been in the Senate for 16 years without building a single road.

"I have been in the Senate for one year and you can see my report card. It is there in Arochukwu town, and across Abia North" he said.

Recall that protesters had flooded Aba following the conclusion of Aba North/South Federal Constituency bye-election Abia State recently in which PDP candidate, Chimaobi Ebisike was declared winner.

They were said to have staged the protest in jubilation that a younger brother of Sen. Kalu, Mascot Kalu who was the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC lost out.

Following intervention of political leaders from Abia North, they shielded plans to take the protest to the zone.

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/04/protest-in-aba-should-be-about-nonpayment-of-workers-bad-roads-sen-kalu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by donbachi(m): 7:54am On Apr 12, 2021
Dem wan start with u.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by BluDesk: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2021
Shame on you Kalu.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Sammy07: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2021
Shut up Mr. Man.

Ain't also part of the problem?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by lastempero: 7:58am On Apr 12, 2021
That's the foundation you layed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by explorer250(m): 8:01am On Apr 12, 2021
lol. the protest might have been sponsored by governor ikpeazu
hi, I am Clinton, a fullstack web developer. If you need custom website that can send emails and SMS to your customers, integrate payment gateway like paystack etc chat me up on 0 80 .79 .41 :37:.38 or email me. Contact details on my profile smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2021
U should have gone there to pass your message and see if u'd come back in one piece.
Cats seeing tigers in the mirror.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Khayceeofficial(m): 8:28am On Apr 12, 2021
Please anyone ever encountered Google ads saying ''correct card info or try a new one"..?

Please if yes,help out with guidelines on how to clear such error cos I've tried my Visa n Mastercard no way

Abeg, anybody
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Rugaria: 8:36am On Apr 12, 2021
He's has been quiet since his protege was roundly trounced in the HoR elections at Aba.. He needed that. Kalu and his likes haven't gotten the memo yet.. Folks like them who worked with the likes of Buhari are politically irrelevant going forward..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by flemsy15(m): 9:03am On Apr 12, 2021
Please this man should be in jail, they said the wrong judge sentenced him not that he was not guilty; how long will it take to bring the right one? There's something wrong with this country.

He was a governor for 8 years and he didn't fix the roads himself. Or is he trying to tell us he fixed them but he used substandard material and erosion has destroyed the roads again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Gdber: 9:03am On Apr 12, 2021
Ok

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by NwaNimo1(m): 9:03am On Apr 12, 2021

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Godblessbiafraa: 9:03am On Apr 12, 2021
Thunder fire ouk

An Ex convict like you that set the pace for looting in Abia State

Idiot that wants to Tinubu Abia State

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Foreigna: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2021
That is not true. Abians are not complaining and many of them are on Nairaland. Karlovych and NgwalandAbia are prime examples.

Maybe they are too foolish to complain since Tilumbu and Buhari are their problems.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Mrlouis: 9:04am On Apr 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by cardoctor(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2021
Bad roads and Aba na like 5 and 6.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by NaijaGoBetter20: 9:05am On Apr 12, 2021
Abeg my question is off topic.

I just want if you pay tithe from the gain you make in Cryptocurrency trading? Or you just lock up
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by egemgeo(m): 9:06am On Apr 12, 2021
protest in aba use to be extra ordinary
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by techmo(m): 9:06am On Apr 12, 2021
They collected kerosine and voted their choice

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 12, 2021
Lol
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by UncleEmmy12(m): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2021
R
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by oilking: 9:07am On Apr 12, 2021
NaijaGoBetter20:
Abeg my question is off topic.

I just want if you pay tithe from the gain you make in Cryptocurrency trading? Or you just lock up

Lol
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Wahala90: 9:08am On Apr 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by pquaver(m): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2021
Metrix147:

https://abntv.com.ng/2021/04/protest-in-aba-should-be-about-nonpayment-of-workers-bad-roads-sen-kalu/

So abaribe has not built a single road since 16 years in senate. An this is manIpob say is the best politician in southeast. Ipob must be mad. So because he comes in public says thing in support of Biafra is what makes him good. You people are not OK.. Biafra will not be different from Nigeria because Ukochukwu na the same people.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Enudapan: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

This ouk self
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:13am On Apr 12, 2021
grin
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by Sunnycliff(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2021
Nonsense politicians dancing to the vibes of the fulanicratic cowtocratic government
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2021
techmo:
They collected kerosine and voted their choice

And you and your people collected a pack of semovita to vote ...
Re: Orji Kalu: Protest In Aba Should Be About Nonpayment Of Workers, Bad Roads by techmo(m): 9:17am On Apr 12, 2021
ABANGWABOI:

And you and your people collected a pack of semovita to vote ...

Nope we voted across South West with interest of the region

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Orders Reinstatement Of NFIU Directors Sacked Over Tinubu, Atiku Probes / Translation Of Boko Haram Briefing / Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.