Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Spirogyra In My Tank - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Spirogyra In My Tank (2832 Views)

Biofil Toilet Digester An Alternative To Septic Tank In Flush System / Tank Farm For Sale / We Construct Overhead Tank. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirogyra In My Tank by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 10, 2007
i'M NOT SURE IF THIS BELONGS HERE. . .

Sometime last year, I installed a borehole(local quality) and overhead tank in my house.(no water has flowed in festac for the past 8 years) i didn't include a water treatment plant(money no reach).about a month ago, there was a profusion of spirogyra (or some sort of fungus,at any rate) , coming out of the taps.We had to clean out the tank.now the mould is back again. i cleaned it out this time.it was eew. . .(like green snot) tongue

I think its the rainy season.as the tank and borehole have been installed since august last year, and this problem only recently started manifesting.

does anyone have any idea as to a solution?(chemicals, etc). i don't want to climb a rickety ladder and squeeze into a plastic once a month. tongue

cheers

I'd appreciate any answers.thanks.
Re: Spirogyra In My Tank by funsosweet(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2007
I work in the Water plant for a Multi-national Health drink coy.I think you need professional advice thus:
1. Pour Diluted chlorinated water of about 15ppm into your borehole well and leave it for 2hours after which you will pump it up in form of flushing.Do same to your overhead reservoir.

2. For further information,please contact me on my mobile phone number:018176574.

Bye
Re: Spirogyra In My Tank by ivy1234(f): 7:28pm On Aug 01, 2007
hi,
we had a similar problem.
What u need to do is get a black overhead tank.
its that simple, as spirogyra cannot grow in the dark.
Sounds overly simplistic but it works wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best Investment On Earth Is Earth- Potter Gardens and Park Ibeju Lekki N1.5m / Uyo Central Business District Skyline Reshapes With 21 Storey Smart Building / Types Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile And The Dimension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.