Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) (58339 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip Walking In The Palace / Pictures & Video From Prince Philip's Funeral In London / Prince Philip To Join Late Kings And Queens In A 200-Year-Old Iron Vault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by hilaryCU(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
Romanoff:
I knew they would be dark skinned.

This cracked me up and also got me thinking. Why is there lack of ingenuity in areas inhabitated by blacks?
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 1:33pm On Apr 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
[s][/s] Will you Keep quiet!

is your jesus not a mere mortal man?

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Chris525: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
I almost fell off a swivel chair in laughter when I encountered your comment. The foolishness of the black skinned homo sapiens knows no bounds. My God! What in heaven’s name is this nonsense!

And they’re disappointed he didnt visit again���

Romanoff:
I knew they would be dark skinned.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Chris525: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Wahala! grin

jclassiq:

Do they appear black or they are black? This English language sef.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Chris525: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
They will appoint another one grin grin grin

emperorAY:
Now that their god is dead what next?
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
[s][/s]
Will you Keep quiet!
How are you even supposedly a born again Christian.
The mind truly boggles!

2 Likes

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by musicwriter(m): 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
That is as a result of a lack of Knowledge.
It is an error to worship a mere mortal as god.
No man is to be worshipped as god.
Prince Philip is or was a mere creature who has gone to Eternity in Heaven or Hell based on who he believed in While on Earth.
His position of prince or King does not Matter on that side.
Their is no other to be worshipped that the ALMIGHTY GOD, The Creator of the Heavens and Earth.

We Send Prayers to the people of Vanuatu, in the Name of JESUS,that the Eyes of their Understanding be opened and they Have Encounter with JESUS Christ, the KING of kings so that they will be saved

Jesus whom you worship is no different than prince Philip.

If Britain gave prince Philip to you in Nigeria, you'll still worship him. If Britain gave Jesus to them in Vanuatu, they would still go on worshipping Jesus. So, you're no different than the people of Vanuatu just that they may be smarter than you if they went to school.

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Chris525: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2021
I see the arguments going on. I want to say that no sane person will disagree that there is a spiritual component in this world we live in.

No sane person would say, there is no supernatural. There is but the understanding & logic of it all is what no one can explain satisfactorily.

Thats why to a large extent, I believe the spiritual controls the physical. However religion or doctrine or belief we try to understand it by or explain it from, one thing I know is, the spiritual does exist.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by ajl: 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
That is as a result of a lack of Knowledge.
It is an error to worship a mere mortal as god.
No man is to be worshipped as god.
Prince Philip is or was a mere creature who has gone to Eternity in Heaven or Hell based on who he believed in While on Earth.
His position of prince or King does not Matter on that side.
Their is no other to be worshipped that the ALMIGHTY GOD, The Creator of the Heavens and Earth.

We Send Prayers to the people of Vanuatu, in the Name of JESUS,that the Eyes of their Understanding be opened and they Have Encounter with JESUS Christ, the KING of kings so that they will be saved

And you think human beings can worship Olodumare? Rather "They" are the one worshipping humans. Note that my understanding of Olodumare has no gender inclination. We humans like fooling ourselves.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by ajl: 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2021
Chris525:

I see the arguments going on. I want to say that no sane person will disagree that there is a spiritual component in this world we live in.

No sane person would say, there is no supernatural. There is but the understanding & logic of it all is what no one can explain satisfactorily.

Thats why to a large extent, I believe the spiritual controls the physical. However religion or doctrine or belief we try to understand it by or explain it from, one thing I know is, the spiritual does exist.

I don't know what culture or tribe you belong to, but the Yoruba spiritual philosophy perfectly give a satisfactory idea of the spiritual and physical world. The problem is that modern day religions came with the intent to destroy native spiritual system that take humans hundreds of thousands of years to acquire knowledge of. We will still go back to the old ways, especially we Africans when we realize that the purpose of those that brought those religions was to control us and hold us perpetual slavery. Europeans brought Christianity and Arabs brought Islam, and both of them took our people as slaves. This image shows a cosmogram, a spiritual understanding of Yoruba IFA Orisa cosmos.

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by tamonokare: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
TheChildOfGod:

Hey, you need to calm down. You're condemning them for worshipping a man as God simply because you were taught to only worship another man (Jesus) as God.

If Jesus could be born of a mortal, live as a mortal and die like a mortal and be God, why can't someone else be? That your own God is different doesn't necessarily make theirs to be false...you were just taught differently.

At the end we are all going to hell in another man's religion, so let's learn to be tolerant.

I like your mindset.

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by compton11(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2021
Puloc:

And who told u they are not africans that must have been taken to that islands as slaves generations back? Anyway, that the saw prince Philip visit their island that year doesn't mean they took him for a God. Was there a video evidence taken from census around d island? or u believe everything some media organization puts up to u as news and wash it down ur ignorant throat.
nigga they ain't African
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by TheControversy: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
Seeing things like this, I can't blame white people for being racists. See how they look like Neanderthals

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Goldeno(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
ibedun:

Wow!!!!

Hunger has done this to you. Definitely
it not your fault
this is the kind of brain I'm talking about

the black nation has been around as long as the white, maybe even longer. but the way whites use their brain to create, modify and beautify their selves and their environment is unmatched.

do you think Nigeria would be like this if we were whites, with all our natural and human resources
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by unanonso(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

How can you make an argument about religious differences by quoting from the religious book of just one religion? I wonder what they teach in schools these days.

Counter his argument with a stronger logic not quotations from the bible which only belongs to Christians.

By the way, I am a Christian and believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour, I just hate lazy arguments.

There is only one God and Savior His name is Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by unanonso(m): 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2021
ModestGal:

Ode, you were there when he was first God abi?
The way you quoted bible that he was God, is the way they can also quote their scripture that the man was once God before. You are both fools,you worship men that ate, deficated, hungry, normal human being like you

2 Corinthians 4:4 ... the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by godlessmind: 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
TheCalculator:
Source: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/inside-pacific-island-village-prince-23884121
the black skin will worship anything as long as it's a dead white man ..... SMH
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by unanonso(m): 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2021
RapistOnBail:
Can you argue with your common sense rather than bringing up a passage from a story book?

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
TheChildOfGod:

Hey, you need to calm down. You're condemning them for worshipping a man as God simply because you were taught to only worship another man (Jesus) as God.

If Jesus could be born of a mortal, live as a mortal and die like a mortal and be God, why can't someone else be? That your own God is different doesn't necessarily make theirs to be false...you were just taught differently.

At the end we are all going to hell in another man's religion, so let's learn to be tolerant.

Jesus Christ is not dead, he is still living.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by KushLyon(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
sigiyaya112:
I have always known that you are a very f00lish person. Did you see how that guy schooled your stupidity and you have nothing to say rather than to abuse him grin grin
grin
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by steeltrust: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Chris525: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
Just like I have said earlier. We probably all belong to the religion or sect or doctrine that best answers our questions or pacifies our understanding best. Just as you have elucidated with the yoruba ifa/orisha system, someone else will also say the hindu doctrine or the Christianity doctrine fixed it for him/her. Even our native system you mentioned was not perfect or ideal. It was riddled at a point with human & blood sacrifices, killing of twins, intra-slavery amongst other fetishes. it was the same islam/Christianity that put an end to it all.

Once we have accepted that we all believe in the existence of that spiritual component; it now behoves on each of us to respect each other’s choices and views as looking at it holistically, no one group or sect or religion has all the answers.

ajl:

I don't know what culture or tribe you belong to, but the Yoruba spiritual philosophy perfectly give a satisfactory idea of the spiritual and physical world. The problem is that modern day religions came with the intent to destroy native spiritual system that take humans hundreds of thousands of years to acquire knowledge of. We will still go back to the old ways, especially we Africans when we realize that the purpose of those that brought those religions was to control us and hold us perpetual slavery. Europeans brought Christianity and Arabs brought Islam, and both of them took our people as slaves. This image shows a cosmogram, a spiritual understanding of Yoruba IFA Orisa cosmos.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by RapistOnBail: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2021
unanonso:

I feel for you bro.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by unanonso(m): 5:11pm On Apr 13, 2021
RapistOnBail:
I feel for you bro.

Pls, explain.

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by dederocs(m): 5:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
Great man, not easy knocking boots with the queen.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by RapistOnBail: 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
unanonso:

Pls, explain.
You can’t reason logically without quoting the story book
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by NSK4U(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
[s][/s]
Will you Keep quiet!

Preachers of Goodwill don't react this way, digest the scripture more to meet your critics with sound logic next time, shalom!
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by Shedybliss(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
Who will dey worship now.

I do quality graphic designs
Contact me

Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by EMMY76: 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
Chaii black man and stupidity this an embarrassment to the black race. angry
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by fijihems: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
Who did this to black people?
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by EMMY76: 6:35pm On Apr 13, 2021
mansakhalifa:

Your post is ladened with ignorance, sir.

First of all the guys in those pictures are not Africans. They are Ni-Vanuatu. Ni-Vanuatu are not Africans but Oceanians of Melanasian stock.

The mere fact that they appear 'black' to you does not make them 'Africans'. After all, the hood/cowl does not make the monk.

Secondly, there is nothing new or contrived about this. This has been a thing even long before a lot of us on this forum came into this world. I am actually surprised that you are actually just learning of it. That is why you should read wide and learn some more about the world you live.

The islanders knew of Prince Philip because they saw him when he visited their island with the Queen. This was far back as 1970s. For more info:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip_Movement&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwie3KLI9PjvAhVcg_0HHcw5DVEQFjAEegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3_4Nvf6TrHhtMtxYg9n8kv

They're not africans but they are still the same black race with black people that are living in Africa.
Re: Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) by KingWesley: 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Here we, criticizing and abusing a fellow black nation just because they choose an unusual approach to spirituality.
Yet we complain when the same thing is been done to us, not because of our religion but cos of skin colour.
Let us stop this attitude. There are tons of White practices which are more weird than this, yet no says anything about it.
When it is about the whites, it is the norm. If it were blacks, then they are stupid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On Newly-built Bridge / Trump Fires Rex Tillerson, US Sec. of State Who Just Visited Nigeria Few Days / – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.