Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,422 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State (33406 Views)

President Buhari Speaks On Murder Of Pregnant Lagos Lawyer, Bolanle / Pastor Masodje & Dead Beauty Ngegbarane: Body Of Pregnant Missing Lady Found / Two medical Doctors On Trial Over Death Of Pregnant Woman In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by naijapage(f): 10:51am On Apr 12, 2021
Woman allegedly brutalized by men of Anti-Kidnapping unit in Rivers loses pregnancy

One Mrs Joy Godstime Ihunwo says she lost her pregnancy after she was allegedly brutalized by operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping unit of the Rivers State Police Command.

In an interview with advocate group, Centre For Basic Rights Protection And Accountability Campaign, Mrs Ihunwo, who wept uncontrollably, said the scan result dated 10th April, 2021 showed that she lost the pregnancy.

Narrating her ordeal, she said she was in the house last Tuesday April 6, 2021 when men of Anti-kidnapping unit came looking for her husband who is the Chief Security Officer of Rumu-Elechi community in Mile 3 Diobu, Port Harcourt.

According to her, despite arresting her husband and some of his vigilance group members, some of the Police officers broke her room, came inside and allegedly beat her up with butt of the gun before whisking her away to their office alongside her husband and his workers.

Mrs Ihunwo disclosed that she was released later in the night that same day and brought back to the house by the men of Anti-kidnapping unit after intervention of a rights group.

She also accused the unit of stealing her money, some other valuables and engaging in wanton destruction of property.

Mrs Ihunwo called on human rights community and well meaning Nigerians to help her get justice.

The advocate group has called on the Police Authorities to investigate the circumstance that led to the loss of pregnancy by Mrs Ihunwo after she was allegedly brutalized by men of Anti-kidnapping unit acting on a petition her name was not mentioned.

A lawyer with the group, Mrs Jane James called on the Police Authorities to ensure their officers found culpable are brought to book.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/4/woman-allegedly-brutalized-by-men-of-anti-kidnapping-unit-in-rivers-loses-pregnancy.html

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by T4kbaba(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
It is disheartening that the real criminal they can't face them, but the peaceful citizens are those who they will flex their muscles on.

FCT for the first time since 2013 on nairaland.
Is there a reward for this? grin grin.l am expecting my cheque from Seun or lala be in charge.

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by madridguy(m): 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
Nigeria Police are the biggest human right abuser of all time. They always over do their thing. They lack the rule of engagement and you see them behaving like motor park tout.

I pray Mrs Ihunwo get justice.

16 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by bigdammyj: 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2021
Noted
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by brosom(m): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
Police no be ur friend

Police no be ur friend

Police no be ur friend

I repeat, Police no be ur friend!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by chypatobi(f): 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
shocked cry
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by RapistOnBail: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021

Rivers state. Home of blood thirsty cultist and kidnappers.

Na that state I see say kidnappings and cultism na family business.

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Evergreen4(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Is like these goats are given special lessons on brutality during their recruitment

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by OgbanjeProphet: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by oyeb15: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Whenever Nigeria Policemen get the reward of their actions, some people will by writing RIP

I remember when one young policeman was jejely going to work in uniform,unarmed and some robbers retuning from operation in 3 towns away use him to test their rifle and drop him .

Nigeria police should rebuild their public image cos it will be at their own detriment on d long run.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Emmastan291: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
Our uniform men are always powerful against unarmed civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Chatflick(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
All policemen and women are scum. Argue with Armadioha
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by AmazingELixir: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Ok

I have seen her
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by 3gpvids: 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2021
Police e
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by PoliteActivist: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
brosom:
Police no be ur friend

Police no be ur friend

Police no be ur friend

I repeat, Police no be ur friend!!!

Yeah, but who else is there to call when criminals attack you?
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by emekaobaro: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
River state and bad news, tueh
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by JooEeL(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
UGM, PLEASE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

NIGERIAN POLICE AND ARMY, MOST OF THEM, DO NOT DESERVE TO BE IN EXISTENCE.

Modified: To be honest, Nigeria does not deserve to be in existence.
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by yocon: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Okay.
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Offpoint1: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
edsf
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Debra911(f): 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by jlinkd78(m): 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Police again. I pray she gets justice

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Eeyah
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by TempUser: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
shocked

WE NEED RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS IN NIGERIA! angry

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by wolesmile(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
And no NGO/Human Rights Organization is suing the government on her behalf?

What a country we live in!!!
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Armstrong34(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hardly have i heard about police brutality in the Northern part of Nigeria......welcome to Nigeria where security agencies pampers the North and harrass the south.....

Sometimes i begin to feel policemen are intentionally given orientation upon recruitment on the operation code of conduct manual on how to behave in the north and south regions of Nigeria....

I wonder what would be in the baby's mind in his or her next life, when he or she hears of the name NIGERIA....

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by explorer250(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
police and brutality na 5 & 6
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by tit(f): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
She should be compensated 1billion naira.
Pregnancy is not easy.
Many women have turn mad and to kidnapper because of no pregnancy.
Now, God has bless her, and wicked police have murder the baby.
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by darkCoal: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
She has to get justice
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by PrisonEscapee(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
This is heart breaking but I really feel that child is lucky to escape this hell hole called Nigeria (the mother looks poor).
Anyway I hope the child reforms in another woman's womb in a better country.
Re: Pictures Of Pregnant Joy Godstime Ihunwo Beaten By Police In Rivers State by Ckonnet: 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hhh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sarah Dosekun Missing On Her Way To Vigil In Lagos / Pastor Jonah Gangers Abducts Muslim Girl In Kaduna, Converts Her To Christianity / IG Idris Fires 4 Policemen Who Wrongly Arrested Man For Being A 'yahoo Yahoo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.