Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Which Should I Choose? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Should I Choose? (17688 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which One Should I Choose / Which Of These Job Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
Memyselfu2009:
Google the two company and see if in the next 5 years

they would be able to survive as a company.

Then check your cost and see how relevant you are to the

company.

Then decide.

Google with which money? the 30k they haven't paid abi? why would a company paying someone 30k a month be on google in the first place?, rubbish

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Skillsnigeria: 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
The two job pay dey too small,but you can go for the permanent sha

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Blesyn22(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I need the opinions of the experienced people here.

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

It's urgent, I need to make a decision asap.

Thanks.

Lalasticlala please help me move to Frontpage.

I'll advise you to write to the 30k job to wait 30days for you to clear your desk from the 40k so that you'll be a bit financially bouyant when you start the permanent job. As time goes on if the 30k job accept your request, you'll move up the rank in a few years but there is no promise of a better Nigeria economy.

Las Las use your head.��

Oluwa a wa pelu e
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Abid2020(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Do you even need to ask this! Permanent of course.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by nurain150(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2021
Finnish the temporary if it makes sense and you are sure it would run for one month.Quit the temporary if and only if the job is valuable will add to your experience and provide you more better opportunities
Re: Which Should I Choose? by BBright1: 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
[quote author=temmypotter post=100757655]Gosh, suffering dey this country embarassed

How do Nigerians survive on 30k.. 40k... Per month?

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff

Easy man.
If you have a better paying job let him know,
People still survive with far less
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
Write to the permanent company that you're handling a sensitive position where you're currently working therefore they should give you time to round off with the job to enable you do proper handing over to avoid any descrepancies in your care.

They should be able to give you time if they are a reputable company that regards company policies. It should even build their trust in you that you're not the type that does things without due protocols.

Write to them now with pleas for them to bear with you. Back it up with prayers. At least the proceeds from the temp. Job will serve as bus fare and feeding.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Itisallright: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
It is well in this country, imagined after school, someone is collecting less than 50k salary where ordinary trucks pusher or fruits seller make more than that per month

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by saintol(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Since the temporary one is just for a month, you can tell those that offer you the permanent one to let you resume the following month. But if your request is not granted, please go for the permanent one for now. From there you can then be sourcing even for something better, maybe a better permanent one. The temporary is just for a month like you said, so after you have used the one month, back to square one. Permanent one I choose, then plan from there.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by samzy(m): 2:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Salary 30k and transport fare 700naira....

Oga u nor think ni
Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
vivaciousvivi:

Indeed!
I had to read it well.
I'm not even try ing to be elitist but N250k job I won't accept. It's unfair what employers are doing to people. I spend over half of his salary to fuel my cars in a month.
Meanwhile the company turnover maybe over N25m a month.
viv wee you keep kwayet dia. if i offer you 80k job you will jump on it like an olympic pole vault jumper angry

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2021
MansoryMX:
That’s roughly £76.95 pounds! someone is receiving as a month salary! Lord have mercy! This country called Nigeria sha!
but they dont have to pay 2000 pounds council tax na sad
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Memyselfu2009(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
PropaMan:

Google with which money? the 30k they haven't paid abi? why would a company paying someone 30k a month be on google in the first place?, rubbish

You no just get sense at all..

That's why people fail when making decisions

Do your research well before making decisions

Simple
Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
24SEVEN:
Jesus. I dont understand, like people are paid N20k a month. How do they survive na.
drink garri and granut 3 times a day sad
Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
24SEVEN:
Jesus. I dont understand, like people are paid N20k a month. How do they survive na.
drink garri and granut 3 times a day sad

balanced diet
Re: Which Should I Choose? by ozo13(m): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2021
tophumble:
Permanent ooooo
One thing that I will want you to know is that the fact that they said the salary is 30,000 does not mean that is all you will get, some establishment will write only the basic salary in ur letter of appointment only for you to get there and discover that there are other allowances.

On the issue of N700 for transport, the moment you resume you will discover that there are other short route that will cost you less for transportation.

If you run your temporary job for one month, what do you intend to do afterwards.

my candid advise that you should opt for the permanent job and pray that things should get better.

#AllShallBeWell

Tophumble
yea .most job dont usually write the allowances.only basic salary is calculated on annual basis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Should I Choose? by MansoryMX(m): 2:27pm On Apr 13, 2021
lekki1444:

If you believe that’s how UK tax people living in UK just because you hear people saying such to discourage you from migrating to the UK and making a good life for yourself bro then you never ready grow! Do you even have any idea how much tax you pay here in Nigeria! You pay tax in almost everything you buy and use bro! And our VAT got increase twice recently! wink

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by akeeng: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2021
Omo x300000000

30/40k for 30 days. shocked shocked Suffer dey Naija

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2021
MansoryMX:

If you believe that’s how UK tax people living in UK just because you hear people saying such to discourage you from migrating to the UK and making a good life for yourself bro then you never ready grow! Do you even have any idea how much tax you pay here in Nigeria! You pay tax in almost everything you buy and use bro! And our VAT got increase twice recently! wink
nigga wee you keep kwayet dia. i payed the council tax and TV license myself for many years in the UK angry

my council tax and tv license yearly was like 3000 pounds. thats 1800000 naira. 1.8 million naira lipsrsealed

we neva talk rent and my 20 other bills undecided
Re: Which Should I Choose? by ScamHunter: 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

I just resumed a temporary job today as a data entry collector for 2021 jamb students at an IT firm and the pay is 2k daily which will run for a month, there's no expenses of transportation and there's breakfast and lunch.

While I was on the job today I received a call from an interview I had online last week that I will be resuming fully on Wednesday. The salary is same as minimum wage. Transportation is upto 700 daily.

The difference between the two is first one is temporary(1 month) while the second one is a full time job, and I just resumed the first one today.

Am confused I don't want to make a wrong choice, that's why I brought it here to hear from the experienced ones.

Thanks.

This is a no brainer. The temporary job is practically no job....The permanent job is just to help you escape depression. Go for it, since it will keep you moving, but do not assume that you have a job yet.

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Josh1977: 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
[Both of them are temporary, it's only the tenure that differs, bro pls pray for God's mercy
[color=#000099][/color]quote author=Slimslimqq post=100729352]Good afternoon house,

Thanks.

Lalasticlala please help me move to Frontpage. [/quote]
Re: Which Should I Choose? by charlesucheh(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2021
Had an Insurance training years Back and once upon a time, one of the tutors came and and asked what the most important thing in any job was?
After different wrong answers ranging from Good welfare packages, good working conditions, salaries bla! bla! bal! popped up, He silenced everyone by giving us a stunning answer and an embracing explanation to go with. which is JOB SECURITY.

so, my brother, stop letting those doughnuts and tea you drink every morning deceive you. leave them with their breakfast and lunch and go for a job you are certain you'll be having for a very long time. this country itself is uncertain.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by lelion: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2021
My brother, none of is a job in real Sense. What did you study?

1 Like

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Josh1977: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
Both of them are temporary, it's just the tenure that differs, bro pls pray for God's mercy

Good afternoon house,

Thanks.

Lalasticlala please help me move to Frontpage. [/quote]
Re: Which Should I Choose? by MansoryMX(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2021
lekki1444:
nigga wee you keep kwayet dia. i payed the council tax and TV license myself for many years in the UK angry

my council tax and tv license yearly was like 3000 pounds. thats 1800000 naira. 1.8 million naira lipsrsealed

Calling me a nigga first all is childish and so immature. I lived in the Uk with my elder brother when I did my MSc bro. You can’t compare the opportunities of making money there with tax you pay! I know how much I made all through my stay there and it is what I used in building my house, marriage, established a company that has grown and many other things. Stop discouraging people who have the mindset to travel to the UK and hustle with all this tax stories! What are you still doing there if the tax is too much for you to handle tongue

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by descarado: 2:36pm On Apr 13, 2021
lekki1444:

Where did you guys get this ridiculous analogy from?
Seriously?

Anybody that pays up to 2000 pounds a month as tax is a very rich man. Can't even think the prime minister will pay up to that a month.
And you think all Nigerian workers don't pay tax?
UK even have a treshhold you will meet and if you don't meet that, your tax will be given back to you after a tax yr.
Can Nigeria do that?

The goods you buy, u think you don't pay tax,
No electricity yet you pay a fixed amount as tax every month?
Your landlord put local govt levy in your house rent, I'm sure you have no idea.
Add all the monthly egunjes you must doll out, paying for vigilante service or road leading to your house, and of course fueling your gen
Sometimes, I don't pity you guys

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by aycapri(m): 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
temmypotter:
Gosh, suffering dey this country embarassed

How do Nigerians survive on 30k.. 40k... Per month?

I'm actually in disbelief.. who can explain? Like.. is their a different market things are cheap or it's the same market we all go to where 40k can't even take care of foodstuff
as in, I saw a vacancy of a facility manager with 2 - 3years experience with a B.sc and a pay of 50k. I almost cried. Almost equal to a $100 monthly. We all know the country is not too good but the employers of labor are worse.

2 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by Thelucifer666(m): 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good afternoon house,

Thanks.

Depends if the permanent job offers the chance of gaining a promotion hence more salary.
It's honestly better you pick the permanent one, at least after 1 month you won't be jobless.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by greatcrown: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
30k permanent job with expenses of roughly 1l daily both Tp and lunch, how much go cum remain
40k temporary job without expense, free breakfast and lunch
That means the breakdown goes this way
Remuneration = 30000
Expenses = 1000
1k x 5 = 5000 for one week
5000 x 4 = 20000 for one month
Therefore at the end of the month u will be saving 10k if at all their is no miscellaneous expenses
It will take u 4 months to save up to 40k of your temporary job.
So the ball is in your court.
If I'm to come in, I will only advice u to take up that 40k job, then u can use the part to learn driving or any skill, why I choose driving is bcs diving job is very very easy to get in Lagos

You are on point bro.

For the temporary job no saving at all because he will Saturday and Sunday.

Chances are you will even borrow because transportation is not fixed in Lagos. It will increase for whatever stupid reason.
Re: Which Should I Choose? by Connected1: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
First of all, ignore those people saying they can't do a minimum wage job because if you send them your CV or ask them for financial aid, they will not help you, they only care about themselves or sometimes their family.
Secondly, if the status of the 30k job is that of a contract staff and you are in a good department then they will surely make you a permanent staff and you will now be paid a salary and not wage anymore.
somehow you will fill up your fares with some overtimes or side jobs.
You can do your 60k jamb work and save at least 20k if the company that offers to pay you 30k doesn't have a good promotion record.
Lastly, you are the ultimate decision maker.
I respect you for being a good citizen and not indulging in fraudulent activities.

3 Likes

Re: Which Should I Choose? by lekki1444: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
MansoryMX:

Calling me a nigga first all is childish and so immature. I lived in the Uk with my elder brother when I did my MSc bro. You can’t compare the opportunities of making money there with tax you pay! I know how much I made all through my stay there and it is what I used in building my house, marriage, established a company that has grown and many other things. Stop discouraging people who have the mindset to travel to the UK and hustle with all this tax stories! What are you still doing there if the tax is too much for you to handle tongue
nigga yo ass has never stepped into muritala mohammed airport before because this your story is bogus. you went to the UK for masters ( 2 years at most ) and made enough money in 2 years to >>> building my house, marriage, established a company that has grown and many other things. ? what job were you doing in that 2 years and what was the salary ? awon oniro pinochioo angry

try to lie with sense
Re: Which Should I Choose? by seangy4konji: 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2021
You think we are joking hereHe is lucky to see that kind of rich job.
ensamy:
That's less than 100 USD a month shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Less than 4 USD/Day .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Replacement/recruitment. / Oil & Gas Companies Aptitude Test Questions-ebook / What Do You Think About Jobberman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.