Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Work Place Penalties - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Work Place Penalties (221 Views)

This Happened In My New Work Place. Please advice / Ebun Okubanjo, Bento Africa's Founder Accused Of Work Place Bullying / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Work Place Penalties by Acidiously: 4:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
So guys I have a friend who works as a POS operator for his madam and she pays him 15k monthly. He also has to send daily summary of his transactions at end of day. Now this is where the problem lies, if he omits sending the summary she charges him 2k/day from his salary. Now, technically he earns #500/day. Is it right to penalize an employee four times their wage? Please he needs my advice. Can he protest the unreasonable penalty to his boss?
Crazyman
1forall
Re: Work Place Penalties by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 13, 2021
Quit
Re: Work Place Penalties by CrazyMan(m): 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2021
Acidiously:
So guys I have a friend who works as a POS operator for his madam and she pays him 15k monthly. He also has to send daily summary of his transactions at end of day. Now this is where the problem lies, if he omits sending the summary she charges him 2k/day from his salary. Now, technically he earns #500/day. Is it right to penalize an employee four times their wage? Please he needs my advice. Can he protest the unreasonable penalty to his boss?
Crazyman
1forall
I'm going to be very honest with you... most of all these sales boys and girls are the ones ruining promising businesses.... majority of them will steal from their employers at the slightest opportunity they get.

A lot of people with funds these days are finding it difficult to open a business outside their state of residence because they might become victims of their staffs dishonesty and insincerity.

I know a friend whose business was ruined by the sales boys he employed to handle one of his shops.

Sometimes these conditions most bosses give prospective employees might seem harsh but if you look at it on the long run, they're only looking out for their business. These sales boys only care about their agreed salary, whether the business folds up or not, they're actually not concerned. Cos if the business folds up, they can easily go elsewhere to find another job leaving you to bear the pain of your loss. So you must be the one to enforce certain rules to ensure that your business is safe and the money you're paying them isn't a waste.

If he needs the job badly tell him to be extremely careful and serious with it, he can hang onto it pending when he'll see something better.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Have You Asked Yourself This Question / Where Can I Learn How To Operate A Cran In Lagos ? / Audition Audition Audition!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.