Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" (20989 Views)

Peter Obi Supporter Prints 2000 Mosquito Nets To Be Distributed To Northerners. / Peter Obi's Supporter Shares Posters, Caps And T-shirts To Northerners (Video) / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by oshozondii: 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
Governor Hope Uzodimma of Imo State has assured the northern community in the state of the government’s determination to protect them and their property.

Also, the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Hope Uzodimma on Gender and Vulnerable Persons (Men) and the Garkuwan Hausa (shield of Hausa community), Imo State, Hon Sulaiman Ibrahim Sulaiman, described as untrue reports that Hausas are leaving Imo.

He described Imo State as the safest place for them to live.

The Governor, who also debunked the rumour that the northern community in Imo are leaving in droves, said that they had no need to leave, adding that they are part and parcel of Imo State.

“This is where you live. This is where you do your business. You are stakeholders in Imo State.

“Nobody will drive you away,” Governor Uzodimma told the leadership of the northern community who paid him a courtesy visit in his office in Owerri.

The leadership of the northern community said they had come to pay a solidarity visit to Governor Uzodimma and to solicit his continued support to them in the face of recent pockets of insecurity affecting them.

‘Equal treatment for all’

Governor Uzodimma, who told the northerners that they are taxpayers in Imo State, admonished them not to be “tenants in your house,” adding, “once you are here doing your business you are from Imo State.”

The governor told them that “every protection or support I can give to the Igbo man from Imo State, I will also give to a northerner who is in Imo State.”

Uzodimma reminded them again that they voted for him overwhelmingly and that government has a programme for them that will help them live well and conduct their businesses properly.

He told them that the government had taken note of the development in their habitation and assured them that it will not happen again.

“This government has no time for nonsense.

“Don’t go for self-help. The government will help you.

“No arrangement by any person or group will be stronger than that of government.

“All we need from you is information. Pray for the souls of those who lost their lives,” the Governor informed the group.

‘Those after you are after me too’

The governor alleged that those behind the attacks know that the northern community in Imo State is supporting him, adding that it was the reason they were being targeted.

He quipped: “Those who are after you are after me and God will not allow them to succeed.”

Uzodimma, therefore, promised to enhance the security in all the places they reside in Imo State.

Earlier, the leader of the delegation, Alhaji Adamu Baba Sule, told the Governor that they came to give both moral support and pledge their solidarity.

He said regardless of the recent development, “Imo State remains the most peaceful and most accommodating to the northerners in the South East.”

He regretted that “bad political leaders in Imo State conspired with others elsewhere to cause problems for the people,” and pleaded with Governor Uzodimma to beef up security at their places of abode.

https://dailytrust.com/you-dont-have-to-leave-imo-gov-uzodimma-tells-northerners

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Kriss216: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2021
A Governor that can't protect Police Headquarters close to his office is promising to protect you staying in remote area

Apply good behavior and be civil, that's the only guarantee you have to stay in SE peacefully as a Northerner.

Be a menace to your host community, not even US military can save you!

280 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Acidiously: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
A brother to his brothers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Imo State is now Officially a Northern State..

I still Insist that state governments should start constructing high walled borders at various state boundaries

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by techmo(m): 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
He needs to act fast
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by helinues: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Another reckless talk all in the name of impressing some people

Eish!

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by OdumegwuOjukwu: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2021
Lol,

The police can't protect themselves let alone the Governor. But here is the Governor offering protection to other people. Does he think he's on the campaign trail?

20 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by crackwinx(m): 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
thank you so much your post is very informative......
. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.
Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Nairaland.
Don't post false information on Nairaland.
Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession.
Don't violate the privacy of any people e.g. by posting their private pics, info, or chats without permission.
Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.
Don't insert signatures into your posts. Instead, add the desired signature to your profile.
Please report any post or topic that IObit Driver Booster Pro Crack violates the rules of Nairaland using the (Report) button.
Please search the forum before VideoPad Video Editor Reg Key creating a new thread on Nairaland.
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Fahdiga(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I still Insist that state governments should start constructing high walled borders at various state boundaries
Always talking through his anus

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Blackfire(m): 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
dear Lord may I not sit on a throne not mine...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
I also hope one to more governor's from the north will say something like this unlike the baseless and senseless statement being made by the zamfara state governor last week..

God help Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Akiara: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
THIS NEWSPAPER ..DAILYTRUST IS A FULANI MEDIUM....

THEY ALWAYS BRING NEWS THAT CELEBRATES FULANI ATROCITIES...

THEY ALSO CHAMPION ETHNIC DIVISION...

BUT AS FOR IMO STATE...(HAUSA ARE WELCOME) ...FULANI HERDSMEN ARE NOT.....

21 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by skullbaba: 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hausa lives in towns and cities. They are involved in commerce.
Fulani lives in forests, they are herders. Don't mix them together.
Kanuri from Bornu sell wristwatches and beans.

49 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by SmartPolician: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
author=Juliusmalema post=100734432 Imo State is now Officially a Northern State..

Anakogheri

Oga Constructor, if you construct am, your left nyash go bend? undecided

Yeye dey smell

6 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
SmartPolician:

Anakogheri
Oga Constructor, if you construct am, your left nyash go bend? undecided
Yeye dey smell
But you agree that each state deserves a well gated border.
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by akanke79: 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Imo state is a no mans land.The hausa/Fulanis can claim it as their own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by 1MCN: 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
The way Southern politicians grovel servily before even the lowest northerner leaves you wondering if there's more than meets the eye in Nigerian politics.

12 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Penguin2: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2021
Uzodimma, those after you will get you. And very soon.

Idiat!

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by obi4eze(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2021
This Supreme Court Governor again angry

11 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
Imo people una doh o
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by seyicodes(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
ok
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by explorer250(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2021
Mr governor, were you able to protect the police headquarters? I will advice you to bring every dissenting voice to the negotiation table so that peace will reign in imo state

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by qualityalone: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
U will die with them sure
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by NwaNimo1(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
Dear Northeners......'Hopeless Uzodinma' don speak!

[img]https://media1./images/cf4193f6342af30b760ab07f4c3993db/tenor.gif?itemid=11820692[/img]

Gerra out of Imo - for now

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Patrioticman007(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2021
What a true patriot, talking. Its a fact that the unknown gun men are not only enemies of Nigeria but also enemies of true igboman.
You can't be going about terrorizing innocent people by creating orphans over night due to the selfishness of one deluded man that his biological father certified him, as a lunatic.
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by GboyegaD(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hmm....all these playing to the gallery; it is well.
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Commotfornigeri: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
For so long, we have been telling igbos to lohachi ulo.

Some say they have invested millions in the north. Thesame investments that government sponsored militias and sharia warlords are destroying without second thoughts.

Mgbe oge ruru, no come back.

2 Likes

Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by UstazAhmed(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
There's a reason we made you Governor against all odds. We believe you won't fail Nigeria and stand for the North too.
Re: Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" by Ademidd: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2021
N

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exclusive report on Nigerian Army’s Renewed Offensive Against Boko Haram / 2019: Oby Ezekwesili On Atiku Abubaker / Fighting Corruption Not An Economic Policy; Peter Obi To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.