Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed (44177 Views)

5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced / Lamborghini Huracam Is The World’s Fastest Camera Car With A Top Speed Of 125mph / The Devel Sixteen Hypercar With 5,007hp & 310mph Top Speed Is Unveiled In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by frozen70(f): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Sometimes when your tyre bursts and you’re on high speed, the first instinct in your mind will be to panic and apply brake. But this can be really dangerous.

So train your mind to be calm in such a situation and try the following steps;

1. Don’t panic

2. Don’t apply brake; you’ll tumble

3. Switch your hazard lights on

4. Release the accelerator gradually

5. Keep car going straight; don’t steer

6. Let car gradually stop; don’t match brake!

#SafetyFirst

Who will remember all these under high tension

Anyway good advice
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Raskass: 5:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
Control the wheel and don’t March break
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by superjab247: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
AllenSpencer:
If you have alcoholic drink in your car, take sips while waiting for the car to come to a stop.
I don't blame u it's fellow illiterates that like your comments that I blame!!!!

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
LMS1:
And What Should I Do If The Airbag Release Itself While Am At Top Speed?

Just Asking From A FRiend Tho grin
just sing this song, I cross the road there is no sorrow! I cross the river there is no more pain, the sun will shine%%%%%%%%
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by gaddafe(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
DaddyGoo:
NEVER ever brake if this happens.

Just "pilot" the car safely to slow speed then manoeuvre to park.

No brake till less than 55 km/h.

Na only you talk sensible thing here o. They're all saying don't match break as if it's an abomination to hit the break. The break can be applied once the car slows down. I also doubt if any driver driving the manual transmission will hit the break first when there is a tyre bust.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by cybriz82(m): 5:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
jakD:
Yea. On no account should you opt for the brake until it finally stops.

Even if d car is facing a pole or wall abi?
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
asebu:
What of if a car is slowing down right in front of u, what should you do?
I need someone to answer this.

Just maneuver away holding very firm to the steering wheel because it will be wobbling
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mightyhaiz:
Good direction,..but we know that while on the highway any unusual sound or movement within your visual field,you apply brakes on impulse/reflex.

The best suggestion remains observing all safety protocols and maintenance for your cars and parts. Most importantly avoid the urge to overspeed once on the smooth highway!

Once tyre is bursted it slows the movement of vehicle and thus afford you time to decide but that is subject to your own action or inaction as per mind
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Snowx:
Correction pls!! bursted Tyre can never allow the car to move straight.. telling us not to steer the wheel is not necessary coz it steer on its own..have experienced that when I was at the back of a truck
Yes just try control the steering wheel and have tight grip as well as mind
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Duru9:
What if there's traffic ahead of you ?

That scenario amounts to overspeeding
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
aadoiza:
In theory this might work, but 95% of the time na to march break as hard as possible due to panic and to avoid collision up front.
Loolz learner
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
akinshola962:
Nah to match brake unless you go enter bush
Another learner
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by AlphaStorm: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
FYI. NA God dey save person oooo.

All these protocol will work if God has not said ur time is up.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
crisycent:

If you’re on the fast lane; you should remain there abi? Don’t apply break even if a car suddenly stops in front of you?
Another learner
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by effido666: 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
So we shouldn't turn our steering even if we are approaching or trying to hit a pillar or something else ?
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
MrJames007:
Dis number 5 sha..

So if the tire burst while you were approaching a sharp bend, you keep the car straight and enter lagoon abi?

By the way, you can apply brakes 'small-small' if it's the rear tire.
Why overspeeding at a bend
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by crisycent: 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mrtaye:

Another learner

Been driving before your father.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by jimmynauty: 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Sometimes when your tyre bursts and you’re on high speed, the first instinct in your mind will be to panic and apply brake. But this can be really dangerous.

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Mrtaye: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
GeneralPula:
There’s no way you won’t need a brake here oo..

You’ll press the brake lightly, and not with force. You’ll hold onto the light press until you notice your car speed has reduced..

Once the speed is reduced, then you can gently and slowly press the brake fully..

I saw this live oo..
Don't
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by ArcFresky(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
I think � one can apply brake gently, gently....
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by MrJames007: 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mrtaye:

Why overspeeding at a bend
Who over speeds at a bend
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by BigBashiru: 6:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
moshino:

Tires burst while in motion in Nigeria mostly because of ignorance:

You over pressurize/pump your tires, every tire has a maximum recommended psi, but you people don't pay attention to that.

You buy expired tires - yes, tires have maximum lifespan, for safety. Even a seemingly "brand new tire" might have expired while sitting in the manufacturer's warehouse waiting to be sold/shipped. So even for a "brand new", unused tire, look for the manufactured date on it, if it is more than 5 years back, better not to buy it.

There are other common sense reasons. But your tires are the rubber that meets the road with you and your loved ones on it, so pay maximum attention to it.

They have handed over everything to God and suspended their reasoning/brain. They would rather sing and pray to God for safe journey than do due diligence on their car tire oil etc before embarking on their trip

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Omodua(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
DaddyGoo:
NEVER ever brake if this happens.

Just "pilot" the car safely to slow speed then manoeuvre to park.

No brake till less than 55 km/h.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Incognito403: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
ideepaul:
Only an abnormal person will overspeed on a congested or semi congested road, so all these questions of what to do when there is a vehicle(s) or traffic closely ahead of you doesn't make sense to me.
In an event where the urge to accelerate is great, calculate the possibilities and look at the vehicular flow, and only only drive at high speed on a road you are well conversant with and ONLY when there is an emergency that warrants such risk!
I never buy my own car sha
Well said.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by sixtus3606(m): 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
asebu:

you maneuver. otherwise, you hit am, and two of una go park together.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Myself2(m): 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
OP,
Are you talking of FRONT tyres burst or REAR tyres burst cos the two scenarios are totally different
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by Oshokalo: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2021
why does tyre even get bursted,when them go dey buy fake fairly used tyres
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by wandium: 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
sixtus3606:

if it's automatic, the car won't stop.

once it slows down, you gently apply your brake lightly and park safely.

no go stop for middle of road o!

I am talking out of experience, as a driver.
Thanks for this jare, everybody just de shout don't step on the brake. As human, when you find your self in that kind of situation, the first reflex action that happens is going for the big brakes pedal.
If you have a busted tyre, you must not try to get the car to an immediate stop. You just apply you brake very very lightly and steer to calmly off the road. If you are driving an auto, push your gear to neutral steer firmly and apply your brake very very lightly still you are at a safe speed to get the car to a total stop.
Please note that it is not the same effect you get from a rear bursted tyre that you'd get from a front tyre.
If your front tyre gets bursted, you need all your energy to stay calm and composed, strong arms to hold your steering still for the first 3-5sec for the car to get a bit stable before you start trying to stop.
In any of the scenarios, don't ever try to bring your car to an immediate stop.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by bellotaofeek: 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
asebu:

The one in front of u equals to stopper. grin
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by chatinent: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
You copied sb else's content and poised like it's yours.
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by dlordy100: 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Judolisco:
No match break very important... If u r driving all dis new generation cars don't ignore d caution sign on ur dashboard!
tyre dn dy show for dashboard too?
Re: What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed by ofemigeorge(m): 11:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
WiszyFraud:

1. Don’t panic

#SafetyFirst
What of during break failure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Women Engaged In A Car Fight And The End Was Bloody (video) / Accident Involving A Bus, Jeep And Keke At Falomo Round About (photos) / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.