Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries (32101 Views)

Why Exactly Is The Cement Price Going Up This Way? / BUA Promises To Reduce Cement Price / BUA: No Increase In The Price Of Our Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Topmaike007(m): 11:04am On Apr 13, 2021
BluDesk:

If that's the excuse.. Why is foreign cement cheaper than locally made cement? No be foreign resources dem use do foreign cement?
that baffles me alot on how imported Portland cement are cheaper than what Dangote and his fellow cult groups are giving us in Nigeria
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by koning: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2021
Are you all eating through your noses?!. What kind of dumbazz analysis am i reading here in the comment section.

That ex-factory price of N2,510 is the major problem.

Does Dangote expect me to carry 100 bags of cement on my head to the construction site......ALL BY MYSELF?! shocked

The ex-factory price should not exceed N1,500. By the time it gets to the retailers, it would sell for around N2,100. Just loaders charge about N50 per bag.

If Dangote really wants to help Nigerians, that ex-factory price should not be more than N1,500
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:06am On Apr 13, 2021
dionma:
Dangote is trying to play a first one here. When you charge transport of 300-500. Add that to the ex factory cost and you can see that the price will be close to N3000 ex factory. Who bears the brunt, the final consumer.

Thank. You
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 11:06am On Apr 13, 2021
fastseo:

Then let them allow other players to come in no matter how small they are as far as they are meeting the required standard
Please cite the law, policy or anything that is preventing other players from coming in. I am waiting.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kay1212: 11:07am On Apr 13, 2021
You must come with clean hands as well. Show us evidence that cement was purchased at the price of 3,000 naira in Ondo state most recently, last week, to be precise.

And don't speak from two sides of your cheek. Please don't hide under averaging 3,000naira to 3,500 naira. Be specific, what is exactly the current market price of cement in Nigeria as at today.

Well, I have evidence of my most recent purchase of dangote cement.

It is DCP's duty to deal with its middlemen and retailers as its brand name is at stake here, not the end-buyers. If you don't agree, who is coming up to defend its name here, DCP or middlemen/retailers or end-buyers? In case, you want to argue the point, the above already answers your question on who should coordinate the situation to protect its brand name.

FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

DCP said the cost out of factory is ₦2,500. Deal with middlemen and retailers if cement is sold at ₦4,000 in Owerri. It is ₦3,000 in Ondo state
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by COMPAQ(m): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2021
trilacos:
they talk about dangote because dangote dictate the prices.i can bet it with you that if dangote reduce it today,other brands will reduce it too.

So if its that straightforward, why don't lafarge reduce their own prices to create more demand for their own cement. After all economics 101 says with reduced price comes increased demand.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:08am On Apr 13, 2021
koning:
Are you all eating through your noses?!. What kind dumbazz analysis am i reading here in the comment section.

Does Dangote expect me to carry 100 bags of cement on my head to the construction site......ALL BY MYSELF?! shocked

The ex-factory price should not exceed N1,500. By the time it gets to the retailers, it would sell for around N2,100. Just loaders charge about N50 per bag.

If Dangote really wants to help Nigerians, that ex-factory price should not be more than N1,500

Finally a very smart and intelligent mind

Please tell them o

Anyways like Rawlings of Ghana said, Nigerians love it's oppressors.

Cement is 90% limestone, sand. I can say thus for a fact, addictive isn't more than 8%. The bulk of processes involved is extracting, separating from debris which is purifying.. Adding additives and bagging....

Tell me why it shouldn't be 1500 Naira especially for material with 90% locally sourced materials.

Meanwhile Dangote generates his power, has bagging company, source for funds from the same public he is milking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2021
koning:
Are you all eating through your noses?!. What kind of dumbazz analysis am i reading here in the comment section.

So what is the basis of you saying that the ex factory price is 1,500 naira?
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2021
COMPAQ:

So if its that straightforward, why don't lafarge reduce their own prices to create more demand for their own cement. After all economics 101 says with reduced price comes increased demand.

Because it's not an open playing field. If the government opens the industry and make it open rather than close, Nigerians will buy cement for 2500 per bag. Smack that
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Victorclean1: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2021
This Devakumar Edwin is riping dangote off.

He make sure thousands of Indians were given scarce job in Nigeria at the detriment of Nigeria graduates.

Time will tell
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:10am On Apr 13, 2021
Topmaike007:
that baffles me alot on how imported Portland cement are cheaper than what Dangote and his fellow cult groups are giving us in Nigeria

Nigeria needs help. The only way out is disintegration
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by owobokiri(m): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2021
uvie66:
I beg to defer on your observations, firstly you forgot to add thatDangote generates his own electricity to manufacture cement, the naira keeps on depreciating and inflation is always running at double digits in Nigeria, these factors will surely put pressures on the gate prices of cement.
Generates his own electricity from what?
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 11:11am On Apr 13, 2021
CSTRR:
The price of dangote cement is cheaper in Cameroon.

Is Cameroon more developed than Nigeria?

What is dangote getting in Cameroon that he is not getting double in Nigeria?
Using your analogy, ; the price of cement Is cheaper in Nigeria than the UK, is Nigeria more developed than the UK?

Economies agree not run the same way. Available infrastructure aren't the same. The general business environments are different.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by COMPAQ(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2021
koning:

So he should make loss at N1. 5k

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by COMPAQ(m): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Gas powered plants.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 13, 2021
BluDesk:

Because it's not an open playing field. If the government opens the industry and make it open rather than close, Nigerians will buy cement for 2500 per bag. Smack that

So, with Dangote competing against two other cement companies, how is it not an open field...?

Cememnt manufactring is capital intensive. Not everyone has the cash to go into it.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:15am On Apr 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Dangote generates his own electricity o. And the volume of electricity his enterprise generates is beyond what the country produces.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by COMPAQ(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2021
CSTRR:
The price of dangote cement is cheaper in Cameroon.

Is Cameroon more developed than Nigeria?

What is dangote getting in Cameroon that he is not getting double in Nigeria?

Don't be surprised electricity is better in Cameroon. As well as roads and corruption. Go to ordinary Cotonou and see quality of roads and compare with lagos badagry expressway.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by expliciit: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2021
Mr man stop typing trash, more than 90% of the materials for cement production, Dangote is getting it all most free
FOLYKAZE:

You were lying with every single punches from your finger that cement is sold outrageously at the rate of ₦5,000. You turn around yelling it is sold at ₦4500 in the east. Where is your evidence? You are only asked to provide an invoice showing the rate but you can't submit any.

What raw material does DCP get absolutely free? Is limestone the only material needed for producing cement? And where is the evidence DCP gets limestone absolutely free as you suggested? Tax cut, cheap labor, limitless grants...you can cook all those bullshit from your bumbum. It's all riddle with lies unless you provide substantive evidence.

DCP has stated they produce and sell from the factory at the rate of ₦2,500. The middlemen and retailers are free to add their own expensive cost of logistic and transport, rent, labor, and profit to arrive at ₦3,000 which cement are sold at retail outlets.

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2021
Neutralobserver:

So, with Dangote competing against two other cement companies, how is it not an open field...?

Cememnt manufactring is capital intensive. Not everyone has the cash to go into it.

Oliganomics isn't open business.

There are players that have expressed interest even with money weren't granted access. This point was buttressed by BUA chairman asking Dangote how much he truly needs that he is resisting the government opening up the sector and every sector he operates.

It's in public domain
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Tayeni(m): 11:17am On Apr 13, 2021
BluDesk:

Please tell them o

Cement is 90% limestone, sand. I can say thus for a fact, addictive isn't more than 8%. The bulk of processes involved is extracting, separating from debris which is purifying.. Adding additives and bagging....

Tell me why it shouldn't be 1500 Naira especially for material with 90% locally sourced materials.

Meanwhile Dangote generates his power, has bagging company, source for funds from the same public he is milking
Why do you people conflate building your own infrastructure with backward integration? Generating own power is a disadvantage. Building a power plant with the funds you are supposed to use for something else will increase the cost of your products. Same with building motor ways, Same with buying or assembly fleet of trucks when you should be using rails. Think about this carefully.

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Show us the invoice.

DCP said the cost out of factory is ₦2,500. Deal with middlemen and retailers if cement is sold at ₦4,000 in Owerri. It is ₦3,000 in Ondo state

The cost of transportation, offload, onloading, etc will make the price go up.

Besides, no body is in business to loose.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:19am On Apr 13, 2021
Tayeni:
Why do you people conflate building your own infrastructure with backward integration? Generating own power is a disadvantage. Building a power plant with the funds you are supposed to use for something else will increase the cost of your products. Same with building motor ways, Same with buying or assembly fleet of trucks when you should be using rails. Think about this carefully.

I'm a scientist. We are no longer in 2000s

Gas powered turbine aren't as expensive as you would imagine and the volume of productivity it would facilitate isn't compared with its setup cost

That's why Redeem and Convenient University can afford it

Do you know with 5 Billion for example you can have 20 Gas powered turbine that backs industrial productivity.. AND THIS ALONE CAN SUPPORT LARGE VOLUME OF THE ENTIRE CEMENT PRODUCTION CHAINS DAILY AND CONSISTENTLY AND FOR. LONG?

PLEASE ALLOW PEOPLE WITH DEEPER INSIGHTS DO THE TALKING PLEASE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by COMPAQ(m): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2021
BluDesk:

What is not open about it? Is anybody stopping Lafarge or Bua from establishing new plants? Which company wouldn't like to make more money?

1 Like

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Roon9(m): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

You don't have to lie to substantiate your points. Where are they selling cement at ₦5,000 per bag? Can you show us receipt evidence?

Warri... 4,800
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Kay1212: 11:20am On Apr 13, 2021
Finally, at least, we have a very few smart Nigerians with objective analysis.

It saddens my heart that, despite the great number of intelligent people the world knows Nigeria has, most Nigerians choose to be oppressed by the political class (oppressors). They exchange their future for peanuts. They even defend them with passion and their last blood. This is interestingly and pathetically insane.

Imagine that the political class is aware that the people they are governing are smart, intelligent people who think, act and demand to be governed intelligently, wouldn't they govern right?

BluDesk:

Please tell them o

Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2021
COMPAQ:

What is not open about it? Is anybody stopping Lafarge or Bua from establishing new plants? Which company wouldn't like to make more money?

Government bureaucracies advocated by oligarchs is the stumbling block. Even BUA chairman wants the government to open up the economy.

We aren't practicing open economy but Oliganomics... What Russia practiced under Dmteri Medvedev before Putin came to power and destroyed.

Which is why Putin can't leave power to death cause the toes he stepped on would come after him for killing their enterprise.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 13, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Oohhhh! We would have hold unto the lies you spew in beer parlours across the East that DCP produces their cement at zero cost, getting everything from raw materials to logistics and tax at absolute no cost or cheap.

DCP has stated that the factory cost of a bag of cement is ₦2,500 plus ₦300 for transporting it with 1200km radius. That is the total of ₦2,800 or ₦2,850. If you are buying it at ₦9,000 in your neighborhood, then you should question the middlemen and retailers in your neighborhood.

Middlemen and retailers hike the retail price to whatever considering the expenses they incur like store rent, security, labor, dues to the government, and others. Considering that DCP claims they haven't increase price of ex factory cost since December 2019, we have to look toward the retailers for the incessant increase of the price of cement within the country.

Late last year, a bag is sold at ₦3,500. And after the public outcry, it dropped to ₦3,000. It was sold around 2018 at ₦2600.
Shill.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Lostchild(m): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2021
I saw they were selling cement in warri @ 4/5 K
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by BluDesk: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2021
Kay1212:
Finally, at least, we have a very few smart Nigerians with objective analysis.

It saddens my heart that, despite the great number of intelligent people the world knows Nigeria has, most Nigerians choose to be oppressed by the political class (oppressors). They exchange their future for peanuts. They even defend them with passion and their last blood. This is interestingly and pathetically insane.

Imagine that the political class is aware that the people they are governing are smart, intelligent people who think, act and demand to be governed intelligently, wouldn't they govern right?

Thanks. It will surprise Nigerians that cement is almost purely sand.. Albeit a type of sand and funny enough 93-94% pure sand and the remaining 6 to 8 percent additives.

Why go to the capital market to raise billions in hundreds every now and then only to produce goods that will kill it's citizens instalmentally

Why is it that products made in China with freight, logistics, processing costs and all if permitted to Nigeria will cost 50/60% cheaper

One word is what it's called in economics. Greed

And on top of this he produces his own electricity. Cheap, gas powered turbines. Unrestrained access to the capital market, cheap labour costs.

Why can't Dangote sell cement 1500 Why?

I can make clear analysis on how to produce cement 1500 and stay Profitable.

To buttress my. Point, when Buhari ascended power to paint the government in good light, Dangote lowered the cost of cement to almost 800 Naira cheaper ( For some months ) so the government would score points. If the price was the actual productive price, that move would have crashed the business.

Facts for facts I'm ready to take on any proDangote analysts here and how for the next 6 hours about how Dangote is one of Nigerians major problems as of. Now
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2021
[s]
thesicilian:

When you start your own business, you'd understand
[/s]
Rubbish.
Re: Dangote: Our Cement Price Is Lower In Nigeria Than Other Countries by Topmaike007(m): 11:29am On Apr 13, 2021
BluDesk:

Nigeria needs help. The only way out is disintegration
totally on point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery / Man Returns Money And ATM Card He Found At ATM Point To A Bank In Sokoto (Photo) / Fire Guts Shema Mega Petrol Filling Station In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.