Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. (10789 Views)

Burnt meals,share your experience! / Man Using Python For Pepper Soup In Port Harcourt. Online Users React (Photos) / Apostle JD Kosita-Madu Prepares Okro Soup With N500 In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by RichieMichie: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don't remember again, I've been cooking since I was 11
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Munzy14(m): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Kedi odi mmii I choro? Kwuo, ka'm zutara gi na. grin
lol...eehmmm a choro m non-alcoholic alcoholic wine...cheesy
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by lastclaire4(f): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
Awwch what a nice topic. I can remember mine very well. The soup was salty.

I was sad. But they everyone ate it and they told me it was nice. Till date I cant say if they were actually saying the truth or they were just encouraging me. I can remember I called my elder sister aside and asked her. She repeated the same thing that the souo was nice even with the so much salt in it.

When my dad tasted it. My dad asked " who cooked? The soup is nice and quickly I asked, "are u sure?" Till date I feel they just conspired to make me happy that day.

1 Like

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by mariahAngel(f): 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
Munzy14:

lol...eehmmm a choro m non-alcoholic alcoholic wine...cheesy

OK.

Akwa I laikiri Spanish wine? Ka'm chota otu...ana'm a bia cheesy
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by mariahAngel(f): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
lastclaire4:
Awwch what a nice topic. I can remember mine very well. The soup was salty.

I was sad. But they everyone ate it and they told me it was nice. Till date I cant say if they were actually saying the truth or they were just encouraging me. I can remember I called my elder sister aside and asked her. She repeated the same thing that the souo was nice even with the so much salt in it.

When my dad tasted it. My dad asked " who cooked? The soup is nice and quickly I asked, "are u sure?" Till date I feel they just conspired to make me happy that day.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn cheesy
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Raychee(f): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
CaptainAyub:
NYSC.
Mine was stew though.
My university was in the same city where my parents lived so na to give my sisters money,dem go cook,I go carry put for front seat carpet, go my house.
Then NYSC came,it was in a village(Yoruba speaking part of Kogi).
I went to eat in the village restaurant and encountered that thing wey make us de call them ofe mmanu ppl(no offence meant grin)
Called my mum and she texted me things to buy to make tomato stew.
As I was frying the tomato and listening to my mum on the phone to know when the tomato will get done,everything turned black in my very before grin
The second attempt many days later,stew was still tasting like raw tomatoes after I finished cooking. I jejely picked all my meat with fork and ate wink
Still don't know the miracle of how to know when tomato paste turns to stew when frying.
Das all.
As for soup,I think I attempted egusi once during that NYSC and the result was disastrous.
Thank God I redeployed
*Edited
During that same NYSC I attempted cooking beans and rice jellof. Started boiling the rice first and added beans later cos in my own thinking beans is soft naa so should cook first.
That one,na dustbin later get am wink

grin grin grin grin Ewoo my chest

2 Likes

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Munzy14(m): 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

OK.
Akwa I laikiri Spanish wine? Ka'm chota otu...ana'm a bia cheesy
ngwanu ooo

1 Like

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Oiza131(f): 11:17pm On Apr 14, 2021
lillyontop:

Can't really remember my first soup but the first food prepared by me was oil rice... I am from Edo State Eshan to be precise anybody from Edo States or delta state knows oil rice and use to be the main jollof for our people well I grew up with my dad and my dad was a great cook and most of us in the house are mainly guys so I always watch my dad while he cooks and I always say to myself food is easily prepare cos I know all the step in preparing varities of meal but I haven't tried it myself thou, then one day my dad sent me to go buy ingredients and prepare oil rice, I swear NEPA take light for my head there was no service at all... I bought all ingredients to cook am come be war, anyway I did it the way my dad use to do it... Then I was so anxious for the rice to turn red oh, omoh rice no gree red oh Na so I pour almost all the oil wey dey house inside am later I gave up I just vex cover the pot say if the rice like make he red if he like make e no red... and I came back rice was red but the oil under the pot fit cook three meal when my dad came back he just laughed helped separate oil from the rice we ate with joy and laughter anyway that's where I started cook till little supervision
Heheheheheheh... I can imagine
Hope you're a chef now sha.

3 Likes

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by lillyontop(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2021
Oiza131:

Bros I dey try at least I dey cook and people dey chop am with no complain and even them complain for their mind to me the food go well

1 Like

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by bomsilaga(m): 3:15am On Apr 15, 2021
my first soup was cooked in October last year. I set out to cook this Egusi soup I saw online since i dont stay with my wife.
Soup was going on fine and till date i dont know where i got it wrong that the signature yellow colour of egusi soup turned dark brown.
i ate it like that oh

2 Likes

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Heybeedee(m): 3:52am On Apr 15, 2021
my first soup was during my 200lv...i bought efo,pomo,fish ,pepper,iru i had other ingredients at hostel lol,walahi that day i made efo pepper soup because it was so watery ehnnnn�

1 Like

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by FuckHomophobes: 6:18am On Apr 15, 2021
RichieMichie:
I don't remember again, I've been cooking since I was 11

Mtcheew
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Probz(m): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2021
17. Egusi. It didn’t turn out too bad.
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Ugaboy: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
merieam16:
Mine was ewedu, I went to cover it and all the stove was messed up lolz
I no fit laugh o
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by merieam16(f): 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ugaboy:
I no fit laugh o
laff small joor grin
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by vetrovialMan(m): 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
my first soup was supposed to be ogbono soup when i was in school, mehn i no fit remember as i take even go about the ish, long story short, everything just dey float ontop coated in palm oil, the only things i could later salvage from the soup na the meat and stock fish....but e sha help me land babe for my compound that year, but the kain laff wey i collect ehn!

2 Likes

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by Richard014: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2021
�������
Oiza131:

Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by vetrovialMan(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2021
lol, now i don dey try, my ogbono soup now na to die for grin
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by RichieMichie: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

Mtcheew
You'll run mad my dear
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by FuckHomophobes: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
RichieMichie:

You'll run mad my dear

grin Fu.c.k.c.k you brhoe tongue
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by RichieMichie: 8:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
FuckHomophobes:

grin Fu.c.k.c.k you brhoe tongue

Set the date and place already
Re: The First Soup You Ever Made unsupervised; Share Your Experience. by FuckHomophobes: 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
RichieMichie:

Set the date and place already

Horn!y bitch grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Domestic Grinding Machine In Nigeria / Pizza In Nigeria / My Boyfriend Has Turned Me To A Cook: Could This Be Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.