Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,084 members, 7,807,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level (51894 Views)

UNICAL's VC Reacts To Death Of Her Student Denied Medical Care Over N200 (Pix) / UNICAL VC, Florence Obi, On Vacation In The United States During ASUU Strike / Meet Florence Obi, University Of Calabar First Female Vice Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by VTJN(m): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2021
They can't graduate without accreditation

The best is for them to be transferred to other schools whose courses had been accredited,

Though they will have to forfeit a year
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Freestainworld(m): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2021
atiku4President:

A typical reaction from a typical Nigerian. Can you try to imagine what will be the fate of such students should the graduate from departments that lack accreditation? I know someone with similar experience. He is not able to go for NYSC and who will employ him since his higher education has not been validated? It's is painful but that is the right thing to do in the students' best interest. Nigerians like you should stop eing driven by emotions and jumping into conclusions without properly understanding the prevailing circumstances. It's the hallmark of mental underdevelopement
so who will foot those students fees, are you the one? talk is cheap untill the fate of those students befall you, then you will understand.

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Qatar2022: 9:25am On Apr 14, 2021
Freestainworld:
This is very wicked of her, after paying through the nose, surviving incessant strikes , then they ask the. to go back to 200level , very insane
What's the essence of paying that money without making your credentials, she tell them honest truth
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by extol1(m): 9:25am On Apr 14, 2021
a thread is now happening in Nigeria universities, almost all the new vc are women
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Reference(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2021
Freestainworld:
This is very wicked of her, after paying through the nose, surviving incessant strikes , then they ask the. to go back to 200level , very insane

The courses were not accredited. She doesn't do the accreditation, the NUC does. All the University does is to prepare you, assess you and certify you. If the certificate is not recognised then the Univeristy's work is null. She is merely stating the best course of action.

The problem emerged from the running of a non accredited course in the first place which is illegal. At least that was the standard back then in our time. It is taking a taxi that is unregistered. It may work well but when when you hit a checkpoint you may have to disembark and trek to your destination. Not your fault and certainly not the fault of the police but the driver the former VC who sold you and illegality.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Sterope(f): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2021
Our security agencies will not arrest the former VC. He would continue to amass more wealth with his ill gotten wealth. No consequence whatsoever for ruining lives. The one after him will do the same and the next and the next and the next!
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by atiku4President(m): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2021
Freestainworld:
so who will foot those students fees, are you the one? talk is cheap untill the fate of those students befall you, then you will understand.
You are very lucky I responded to you, I don't usually have time for low IQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by fergie001: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2021
SegFault:

Which is why you should always ask questions, there are forums where these questions can be asked, even abroad you can't just apply for a course and sit in the comfort of your home doing nothing, get to know more about what you're heading into, I didn't do much research this year on the course I applied for because I didn't even care about admission anymore but now that I really want it I do some research.
My brother, maybe now.

When I wrote UTME was donkey years ago....then, you can be in Lagos and apply for UNIMAID ( my dream school after OAU). UTME will send your result via P.O.Box to your house direct. You will be contacted, you need not travel to the school.

Whom do you make the research from? Have you attempted reaching out to the Customer Care line or help desk of any Government Higher Institution? I mean via phone or mail?

Some of the staff in the school too, are after going in the morning and returning at night. As a student, sometimes you explore.

I was returning from Yenagoa last month, so we picked up a young lady at Rumuo... (not familiar with PH), who was heading back to school. She had graduated from a Fed Univ since 2018 and not been mobilised because the course wasn't accredited.

Now, she heard they were mobilising them and giving them a similar course, not that studied..so that they could head for NYSC.

Don't blame a 17/18-year-old Abuja-based kid who dreams of UNICAL.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by AmazingELixir: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2021
undecided

I find it hard to understand why university authorities will start admitting undergraduates into courses that have not been accredited by the universities regulatory body.....this should be made a criminal offence to serve as deterrent.

This issue has been a reoccurring problem in our university administration and this is part of the obscure part of the autonomy these university Dons will not talk about because all they are after are avenues to make more monies not sparing thoughts about the consequences of their actions...just imagine what they are putting these young Nigerians through even before they venture out into the larger society.

Passing through 4_5 years in the Nigerian university system is hellish for many and the thought of having extra years for no fault of yours is better imagined.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Duplexxx: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2021
Wahala no dey finish for Nigeria
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Freestainworld(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2021
atiku4President:

You are very lucky I responded to you, I don't usually have time for low IQ
Big IQ, I don hear
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by VTJN(m): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2021
flavnwokem:
Why will the former VC admit students for courses not accredited? And if the current VC allow them to graduate will their certificate be accepted ? And will the NYSC recognise them cos officially such courses started existing 2 years ago in that institution ,that is the questions we all need to ask not abusing the current VC .
they only have two options

They either obey the VC, go back to 200 level and hopefully graduated with certificate and get mobilized for nysc

Or

Get transferred to another school whose courses had full accreditation, but they will have to start from 300 level

The VC even like them that's why she gave them an offer, if she decides to keep mute and they graduate with no certificate and can't go for nysc that is when they will know wotsup

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by cardoso514: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Let's reason together.if course is not accredited,students cant graduate. So best option,migrate them to another dept to geaduate
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Frenzyboy(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2021
Let her be charged to court.. Very simple
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by fergie001: 9:37am On Apr 14, 2021
cardoso514:
Let's reason together.if course is not accredited,students cant graduate. So best option, migrate them to another dept to graduate
That's another way she can help them...perhaps, they will just step down by one.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by VTJN(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2021
Kendyrich:
It is not possible for them to go back to 200L.
The students can only remain stagnant in their current levels until the departments are accredited before they graduate. I am speaking from experience
they can also be transferred to other schools with full accreditation, though they will have to start from 300 level

Being stagnant might not be the best option, who knows how long it will take for NUC to do the needful

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by harmargedon: 9:39am On Apr 14, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Wahala be like akwa mkpụrụ amụ Buhari
grin grin grin
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by derbykol(f): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2021
Freestainworld:
Exactly!.He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Silentflute1234: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2021
She's not just ok
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Trimjos: 9:42am On Apr 14, 2021
SegFault:

It is oh. Before you registered for admission into a school for a course always check if it is accredited, my mom used to say this time and again when we were registering.

common sharap there!! is it also students fault for the school to employ lecturers, set up departments and even admit students to study courses that were not accredited??

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Lilpen3758: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2021
livebyday:
To be fair , better they stay back and learn properly than come out and join the thousands of unemployable graduates everywhere
You are very stupid ewu

1 Like

Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 14, 2021
Unical always had faculty of arts, these courses were accredited and covered by that faculty since the early 2000s, that woman is wicked.

Stay for you kitchen you no go free, see nepotism causes.

If her daughter was among those students will she make that crazy policy, there is a plot to destroy Unical off course maybe to promote a private varsity over there.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by sniperr007(m): 9:44am On Apr 14, 2021
Freestainworld:

They should sue the school. They will win.

This is evil.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 14, 2021
Qatar2022:

What's the essence of paying that money without making your credentials, she tell them honest truth

Asking them to go back to 200. level is wrong, they knew the courses were not accredited, why admit students to those dept? To make money abi.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by ejimatic: 9:47am On Apr 14, 2021
Olayiide:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/13/anger-frustration-university-calabars-vc-asks-final-year-students-return-200-level
. With due respect to women's world,at times when some of them head places they take arbitrary decision Why has your institution been offering unaccredited courses? It is against the law to offer unaccredited courses through JAMB and you want the students to go back to Part 2.Your school will be asked to pay billions of naira as damages for this inglorious decision. The solution is meet with the Senate and the council.and put in place what is necessary for the accreditation..
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:47am On Apr 14, 2021
filleSouriante:
This can only happen in Nigeria.

In my own opinion I think the best idea is that the final year students should be distributed across other universities in Nigeria that has fine and Applied art accreditation. Just that their certificate might bear the new institutions name and they might have to go back a year compared to two years.

I could remember years back at Uni we have some final year engineering students from Uniabuja that has this accreditation problem too. Their school distributed them across other Universities in Nigeria. Just that they have to go back a year

Looking at it from your angle, that means the decision of the VC isn't absurd then. I no sure say the students wan go back even one year...
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 14, 2021
Trimjos:

common sharap there!! is it also students fault for the school to employ lecturers, set up departments and even admit students to study courses that were not accredited??

Ask him again, the way some people react on this forum shows 90% of them just wrote NECO, they ve never been to a tertiary institution before.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Wahala!
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by alasane: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2021
pickatyou1:
I swear every thing don turn cruise for Nigeria.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you

Wat a an irony same you swearing on Nigeria at same time advertising your scam biz...why not taking to USA or Europe hence you believe in them more
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Minjim: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2021
You people should just use the University.

They must return the money spend for the duration of those sessions. They'll also compensate for your time, efforts and psychological trauma.
Re: UNICAL VC, Florence Obi Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level by Lashist(m): 10:01am On Apr 14, 2021
seanwilliam:

Lol e go shock u. My next sexcapade in our thread go be with oyinbo booty not useless naija girls grin
Lol...e go make sense o...but your babes for here don tie their destinies to yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is university certificate Called Bachelors Degree? / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.