Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 (29918 Views)

Borussia Dortmund Vs Chelsea: UCL (1 - 0) On 15th February 2023 / Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL (0 - 0) On 14 April 2021 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 8) On 14 August 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Lamasta(m): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2021
fergie001:

You are missing it... That Madrid will beat Chelsea is sure thing, the reason "the Blues' fans all went on supporting Liverpool last night citing "Premiership camaraderie" yet were opposing City.

I am happy City will be meeting PSG....tears everywhere!
Let them humble Pep a bit!!!!!

I love eet, the vayolence grin cheesy grin cheesy

lamasta

Na Pep be una problem no be even Man City grin grin grin

Don't worry let's deal with PSG first later we will come for You..

3 Likes

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by fergie001: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2021
Lamasta:

Na Pep be una problem no be even Man City grin grin grin

Don't worry let's deal with PSG first later we will come for You..

E no far again.... grin grin grin

He has never won the UCL without a "Messi" in his team.
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Jazzman01: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2021
bada007:
mancity beat madrid home and away last season so
To beat Madrid in the final will be a tough nut to crack.
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Lamasta(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2021
fergie001:

E no far again.... grin grin grin

He has never won the UCL without a "Messi" in his team.

Foden is our Messi now grin

PSG will be humbled when the time comes it will be like film tricks in your eyes just wait and see...

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by fergie001: 10:08am On Apr 15, 2021
Lamasta:

Foden is our Messi now grin

PSG will be humbled when the time comes it will be like film tricks in your eyes just wait and see...

Which of the Fodens?
He is still sucking "bress", he should calm down! cheesy
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by IamNumeroUno: 10:09am On Apr 15, 2021
fergie001:

You are missing it... That Madrid will beat Chelsea is sure thing, the reason "the Blues' fans all went on supporting Liverpool last night citing "Premiership camaraderie" yet were opposing City.

lamasta

PSG is no match for City. How do I say this? There is no team currently in the champions league that is a match for City. We are talking about the only club that defeated her opponent H & A in the quarter finals, the only team.

We are clear of our domestic duties, no distraction from that angle, because the Epl is securely in our cabinet, unlike Madrid that is still playing catch up and desperately need a La liga title. Fighting on two fronts only equals distraction and disaster.

Make una focus on the league, forget the UCL because this is a lost battle. Don't waste valuable energy that is needed to win la liga on this one, it's not worth it, because you're fighting a lost battle.

Copy my advice and paste on your club's official Twitter, who knows, Zidane might just stumble on it and it becomes your saving grace? And don't pay me for it, we are forum mates.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Reference(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2021
Beedude:

The kind of nonsense we read here is mindblowing.
How can someone be talking about Pep image or legacy cos of UCL?
Even Great Alex Ferguson won just 3 ucl in more than 25yrs. And that shouldn't be a dent on his image cos he outperformed in other arear.
All these beer parlour discussion self.
Someone that has turned highly rated EPL to dust in less than 6 seasons now look like a joke cos of UCL ?

But they are not spending all that crazy money because of the EPL. What you folks must understand is that when foreigners invest in clubs they have a bigger international perspective than domestic. They are not stooped in local traditions. They want the widest global advert for their investment and there is nothing bigger than the UCL.

That is why Jose was not too keen on the FA and League cups when he came to Chelsea under Roman. For him it was tuye league (because they had not won it in 40 years (if I remember clearly) but most oif all to replicate his UCL form and every manager Roman recruited since then was foir UCL winning potential.

Same as City. Pep will ultimately be judged by his UCL credentials at City. Everything else is to 'cover face'. They know it will be hard, a whole generation to match the red side of United domestically but they feel if they can match United"s three European trophies then the bragging rights are a bit realistic.

Their domestic form is formidable no doubt but in the context of the Premiership and its illustrious history it is not spectacular. Not enough for these foreign owners.
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Lamasta(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2021
fergie001:

Which of the Fodens?
He is still sucking "bress", he should calm down! cheesy
Na so Messi take suck am in his early career o grin before he become global football goat now o

Our FODEN is our Messi cool

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by fergie001: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
E no far again grin
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by fergie001: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2021
Lamasta:

Na so Messi take suck am in his early career o grin before he become global football goat now o

Our FODEN is our Messi cool
No wahala grin cheesy
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by IamNumeroUno: 10:26am On Apr 15, 2021
fergie001:

E no far again grin

grin grin grin
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by mazimee(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2021
ReeLoaDead:
Man City/Pep G and choking are like bread and butter undecided
They anyway have 45 minutes to rectify but I see BVB advancing ...

Who knows what nonsense imagination you will see next
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by mazimee(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2021
Reussite:
Pls somebody join me in prayer for Dortmund to keep the same energy in the second half to knock City out. embarassed embarassed

As be now, You have to submit another prayer point

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Beedude(m): 10:57am On Apr 15, 2021
@Reference, The guy mentioned spendings. The difference between Pep City and other EPL teams goes beyond spendings. In a Market where Pogba, Maguire, Van Dyke, Mbappe, Neymar, Arizzabalaga cost more than Man City highest signing. I think City did good business and with a good manager it look easy.
City has never dominated EPL in their history the way they did under Pep.
Man city investors knows he's the best coach out there and won't sack him cos UCL. They will keep supporting him.
As far as they are dominating EPL, its a matter of time.
PSG with all their investment since oil money came played a final last year after so many heartbreaks. If they maintain same squad for 3yrs they may succeed.
Madrid won UCL in 2002 before playing another final in 2014. (12 yrs of signing world class players and coaches without UCL).
Football need patience, his dominance in EPL in few yrs is enough to shut all doubters up, winning UCL will just be an icing on the cake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by mazimee(m): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2021
Mustiboy:

Since 2006?

Fan since 2010, before we brought in Aguero.

Fan Since 2013, before then I wasn't such a huge football like I am today. I wasn't a supporter of any English club before I choose City too.

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Reference(m): 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Beedude:
@Reference, The guy mentioned spendings. The difference between Pep City and other EPL teams goes beyond spendings. In a Market where Pogba, Maguire, Van Dyke, Mbappe, Neymar, Arizzabalaga cost more than Man City highest signing. I think City did good business and with a good manager it look easy.
City has never dominated EPL in their history the way they did under Pep.
Man city investors knows he's the best coach out there and won't sack him cos UCL. They will keep supporting him.
As far as they are dominating EPL, its a matter of time.
PSG with all their investment since oil money came played a final last year after so many heartbreaks. If they maintain same squad for 3yrs they may succeed.
Madrid won UCL in 2002 before playing another final in 2014. (12 yrs of signing world class players and coaches without UCL).
Football need patience, his dominance in EPL in few yrs is enough to shut all doubters up, winning UCL will just be an icing on the cake.

No one is talking about sack but what is considered to be a success or otherwise. There are few other managers available on the market that can replace him so he will not be sacked if he doesn't win the UCL this season however the owners will be far from satisfied even if he wins the domestic treble.

Of the three other teams left they certainly won't be happy if for example PSG wins it since the PGS parallel investment started a bit after City's.
If Chelsea wins it that will be even more pressure on Pep since Chelsea is viewed to be in a sort of rebuilding phase with half the team relatively new and if Real Madrid wins it that will be worst because they will just view Zidane as a better coach and get him as soon as possible.

The nature of the beast is easy to appreciate. They have conquered all domestically. To think this amounts to success that guarantees jobs in the fickle world of club soccer is just wishful thinking.

If Pep doesn't win it this season there will be problems.
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Beedude(m): 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
@Reference, U have good points but we all know Pep and City want the UCL. Not winning it won't be the end of the world. The team is a project with young players. It took Chelsea 8yrs to win it. They even won it with an interim coach. Madrid winning it in 2014 was based on patience and players who are at their peak.
I would love to see Pep leave City, the standard he set in EPL is just insane. That is why we now think winning EPL is nothing.
Let them employ Zidane, Tuchel or Pochetino and win the UCL.
No one can have it all. Jose Mourinho couldn't win UCL with both Chelsea and Madrid despite spending a lot of cash. It still doesn't make him a bad coach or a failure. We keep trying and moving in life.
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
mazimee:
Who knows what nonsense imagination you will see next
No vex but Man City have been choking in UCL every single year ... are you confident facing PSG?
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by Gr8amechi: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I started one before but stopped because the job I got is so demanding and time consuming.

I think I might revive it.

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3308732/just-cityzens-manchester-city-thread

This thread is awesome, we can also create a Facebook group.

Nigeria is a very big market and with good fan presence city group may invest into our sport...

City is one of the best run club currently and city is the future of football

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by IamNumeroUno: 10:29pm On Apr 28, 2021
fergie001:

lamasta

How far Fergie001? I'm just saying Hi.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by fergie001: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

How far Fergie.001? I'm just saying Hi.

grin grin grin grin grin
E no go better for Neymar......bastard idiot.....Brazilian hediot.
Re: Borussia Dortmund Vs Manchester City UCL (1 - 2) On 14 April 2021 by IamNumeroUno: 3:31am On Apr 29, 2021
fergie001:

E no go better for Neymar......bastard idiot.....Brazilian hediot.

You need to be calming down.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 0) Live / Juventus Ready To Offer Two Players To Man United In Exchange For Pogba / Arsenal Vs Leicester City (3 - 1) On 22nd October 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.