Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,336 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? (46223 Views)

How Can I Answer These Job Interview Questions / How Best Do I Answer These Interview Questions / How Would You Answer This Interview Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2021
RedAlert08:

So, in your little mind, these are rhetorical questions?
ask your English teacher then go back to to jss2
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Kestolove(m): 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
I know the answer, but if I write it down here someone will copy it

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:38pm On Apr 14, 2021
Rubbish, Original Soul Control!

so that I would depart from the Natural Use of Natural Thinking to become a puppet to them and for them!

I Curse them from the bottom of my heart with plagues!
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by greatreality: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
fennels007:
These questions may not have a single answer. I think it depends on the intelligence applied.

The first question, I will say 2

The 2nd question: you start dropping the eggs from the safest and lowest level.

The 3rd question: is the probability of having the same numbers of tails and heads equal on both sides. So what's the probability? Mathematicians over to u!
Your head is there, No 1 question should be 2, because is either a male or female is born everyday.

Then 2 should be by cooking them. Because no height you can drop a raw egg above the ground and it won't break.
If I come back I will make attempt for the remaining one
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by WaffenSS(m): 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
Such questions are rampant on brilliant.org

With the answers too

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by marisdgreat(f): 3:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:
I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

1. How many children are born every day?

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”

4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?

So who can answer any?

U dey ask ur fellow gender wey most of their brains dey empty, only to chest beat, rant rubbish wit zero accounts and unshaved beards. Insult ladies at every given opportunities as if no be woman give birth to dem.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by blackweaver(m): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:

Children are born once, not everyday

2. If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?
Doesn't matter how high, the eggs won't break the floor

3.You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”
Each pile will always have the same number of heads, since each coin has a head and a tail

4. There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all of the boxes correctly?

Just label all the boxes "correctly"

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by AMBURSAA(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many Nairalanders unable to answer the questions yet they will claim that there are no jobs. This I have seen.
I ALWAYS BE HAPPY WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENT
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by altteemy: 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2021

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Olaolu2005(m): 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:
I saw this Interview Questions on Glassdoor and I just felt it might be very useful to some of us given that most companies especially in Nigeria like copying these big tech guys. We all know that Apple is one of the biggest Tech companies in the World and to get a job there wouldn’t be so easy.

Glassdoor decided to make this easy by providing some questions Apple Inc uses to select their employees – I would be revealing 3 questions here that I feel are more brain tasking and require more brain knowledge. Is your brain equipped to answer these Apple’s Job Interview Questions? If Yes? Let’s do this smiley

So who can answer any?
These are highly IQ questions
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by okoroemeka(m): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
LeeSantos:
1. Around 385,000 babies are born daily
https://www.theworldcounts.com/stories/how-many-babies-are-born-each-day.

2. egg will break from any height. That Ans is already false

3.I can only get the head to be equal in each piles in 1:1000. attempts. I will have to do this over 1000x and probability of getting it is 1

4. ....

oranges and apples will have different weight and smell,you can tell the difference by weight and smell
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by NigAmbassador: 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
Themandalorian:
Omo

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. - Clown to DA in the Dark Knight.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by soccerman5: 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:

So who can answer any?

1. 1/Sec
2. Drop from the highest floor
3. Scatter all and split into half(50/50)
4. Color of the boxes(Probably Hex Codes)
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by studentofTruth: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
soundOsonic:

1. You can't know the exact number for sure, but babies are born daily not children so the answer is 0.

2. The optimal solution is by not dropping any of the eggs. Dropping it from all floors will break the egg.

3. This one is simple just split them into the two pile randomly you will still have thesame number of heads. How? They asked you should split so as you will have thesame number of head not thesame number of head ups.
4. This one is impossible. My answer will be Apple cannot be incorrectly labeled.
They didn't say it was apple fruit, I am writing an exam in Apple and I would rather choose to identify the Apple as a product and not a phone.

No 4 is as simple as the rest.

They're all wrongly labeled: Apple, Orange, Mixed.

First, pick from the one labeled Mixed: it can either be apple or orange. If you pick apple, then that box is apple. If you picked orange, then it's orange.

Second move: If you picked apple from the box labeled Mixed, the box labeled orange is mixed (it could either be apple or mixed, but you have correctly identified apple).

Third move: The box labeled Apple is orange.

Alternative second move: If you picked orange from the box labeled Mixed, the box labeled Apple is mixed (it could either be orange or mixed, but you have correctly identified orange). Then the box labeled orange is apple since you have identified Mixed
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by okunwaye(m): 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
eakenbor:

ANSWER: Uncountable. It can only be estimated. That's why we have surveys and statistics.

ANSWER: Egg will always break. The optimal way is not to try at all so as to save the eggs.

ANSWER: Don't bother too much. Split the coins into 2 piles 50:50. No matter how many heads or tails are facing up in each pile, the total number of heads or tails will be the same because all the coins have 1 head and 1 tail each.

ANSWER: Open the one that is labelled Apples and it must either be Oranges or Mixed. If it is Oranges, then the one labelled Mixed actually contains Apples and the one labelled Oranges actually contains Mixed. But, if it contains Mixed, then the one labelled Oranges actually contains Apples and the one labelled Mixed actually contains Oranges.
Congratulations mr eakenbor you got the job.☺
Absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Elo4: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
(1) hbabies are born every day not children (2) where you test dropping of egg should at the ground floor
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Fantazy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
My teacher didn't teach me all these na
should be expecting question like:
1. If x + y = 10, find x when y is half a dozen.
2. What is photosynthesis?
etc.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by 77star: 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
JuanJO:
G
MASUN

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by 77star: 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see so many Nairalanders unable to answer the questions yet they will claim that there are no jobs. This I have seen.
IWO NKO?

HOW ABOUT U ANSWERING THE QUESTION?
YEYE PROPHET
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by studentofTruth: 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2021
okunwaye:

Congratulations mr eakenbor you got the job.☺
Absolutely right

His last answer doesn't factor in "without looking" There's no way to know if the content of a box is mixed by picking one fruit without looking.

This solves it:

First, pick from the one labeled Mixed: it can either be apple or orange. If you pick apple, then that box is apple. If you picked orange, then it's orange.
Second move: If you picked apple from the box labeled Mixed, the box labeled orange is mixed (it could either be apple or mixed, but you have correctly identified apple).
Alternative second move: If you picked orange from the box labeled Mixed, the box labeled Apple is mixed (it could either be orange or mixed, but you have correctly identified orange). Then the box labeled orange is apple since you have identified Mixed.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by studentofTruth: 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2021
eakenbor:

ANSWER: Uncountable. It can only be estimated. That's why we have surveys and statistics.

ANSWER: Egg will always break. The optimal way is not to try at all so as to save the eggs.

ANSWER: Don't bother too much. Split the coins into 2 piles 50:50. No matter how many heads or tails are facing up in each pile, the total number of heads or tails will be the same because all the coins have 1 head and 1 tail each.

ANSWER: Open the one that is labelled Apples and it must either be Oranges or Mixed. If it is Oranges, then the one labelled Mixed actually contains Apples and the one labelled Oranges actually contains Mixed. But, if it contains Mixed, then the one labelled Oranges actually contains Apples and the one labelled Mixed actually contains Oranges.

Your last answer doesn't factor in "without looking" There's no way to know if the content of a box is mixed by picking one fruit without looking.

This solves it:

Alternative second move: If you picked orange from the box labeled Mixed, the box labeled Apple is mixed (it could either be orange or mixed, but you have correctly identified orange). Then the box labeled orange is apple since you have identified Mixed.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Joydan95: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
FalseProphet1:
C’mon get out grin
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by roomus(m): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2021

Ans: At least one, not equal to zero

Ans: By dropping one egg (till it breaks)

3. You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”

Ans: (All coins have equal number of head and tail) simply split the 100 coins into two piles of 50 each,

Ans: check the box labelled apples and oranges(which will contain either apple or orange since wrongly labelled ) ,feel the contents without looking inside then switch accordingly

My answers wink
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Joydan95: 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
Psoul:

So who can answer any?

Clue to answers
1. How many children are born where In Nigeria, Africa , the world..?

2. The optimal solution is boiling the egg or frying the egg.....Abi you don hear say fried egg break before grin

3. It involves “probability”

4. You solve this by classifying them into a “Set”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by Psoul(m): 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
GigiMax:
1. 385,000 babies are born each day

2. This is a time series Analysis. That is, the number of times the egg could break on each floor is dependent on the number of floors and eggs available for practice. It actually tests the human capacity to make decisions based on best and worst case scenario.

Drop Floor
#1 14
#2 27
#3 39
#4 50
#5 60
#6 69
#7 77
#8 84
#9 90
#10 95
#11 99
#12 100

3. Pick any 10 coins and make a small pile. You now have 90 coins in a pile (call it pile A), and 10 coins in a new pile (call it pile B). You don't know where the heads are, but you do know that there are 10 of them in total, and therefore however many heads there are in pile A, there is 10 minus this many in pile B.

Let's do an inventory:
Pile A contains:
- n heads
- 90-n tails

Pile B contains:
- 10-n heads
- the rest tails. How many tails exactly? Well out of 10 coins, 10-n are heads, which means the number of tails is 10-(10-n) = n tails.

Wait...what? pile A has n heads, and pile B has n tails? So we know that there are always the same number of heads in pile A as there are tails in pile B, even if we don't know exactly what number that is? So flip over all the coins in pile B. We now have the same number of heads in both piles.

The solution for the worst case in this scenario occurs when the threshold floor is floor number 14 – because we will drop the first egg on floor 14, and it will break. Then we have to test floors 1-13 with the 2nd egg to see where the egg breaks again, and the egg will not break on any of those floors. But since the egg broke on the floor 14, we can conclude that the threshold floor is floor number 14.

I am sleepy already

DO U THINK THESE QUESTIONS NEED ALL THESE MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS?
I DON'T THINK SO.
CHECK IT AGAIN AND USE SIMPLE LOGIC TO UNRAVEL IT. STUDY THE GRAMMAR TOO.
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by sureteeboy(m): 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
LeeSantos:
1. Around 385,000 babies are born daily
https://www.theworldcounts.com/stories/how-many-babies-are-born-each-day.

2. egg will break from any height. That Ans is already false

3.I can only get the head to be equal in each piles in 1:1000. attempts. I will have to do this over 1000x and probability of getting it is 1

4. ....

The probability of you getting the selection right the first instance if you just pick 50 coins randomly is 0.18492. Which is roughly 1 out of 5.4 attempts. Or let's just say 1 out of 6
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by spayor(m): 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
blaquemyc:
If you don't want to employ me just tell me so, which one be how many children are born daily, how am I supposed to know, am I God?
actually two children are born daily....male and female
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by HajiaNotu: 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
Its only no4 I can answer correctly..

The rest I dont know angry
Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by spayor(m): 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2021
SmartyPants:

1 is easy. Take Population growth X over N number of years and divide x by N365.

2 seems incomplete

3 relying on probability, simply randomly separate the two piles and hope for the best grin

4 is easy. the boxes are wrongly labelled. So once you know one, it means you simply reverse the labels on the remaining two.
nah....the label from the one you already know must go to one of the two unknown boxes

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by abbey621(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2021
That's funny, I interviewed for Apple 3 years ago and never came across such questions. Maybe these are reserved for their Programmers and not those of us in Auditing....lol.

1 Like

Re: Can You Answer These Tricky Job Interview Questions From Apple Inc? by patriks005(m): 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
If the job is going to be given to me, I will answer them!
Am not helping you answer them for free!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NIRSAL National Microfinance Bank Recruitment (NNMFB) / Job Offer: Stanbic IBTC Bank 2021 Graduate Trainee Program / Who Else Got This Message From Idisco?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.