Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) (57517 Views)

Primary School: Seun Osewa Corrects GazetteNGR Over Misleading Title on Tinubu / Olusegun Bamgbose On Greenfield: We’ll Shut Down Aso Rock If Students Are Killed / "We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers(christians) Are Killed" -pantami (gazettengr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by stormborn28(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
reccy:
All i know is, some people are out there trying everything to bring this man down.

People that are commenting rubbish did not read the whole story. They read the headline and started yarning rubbish. The man is well respected and continue to be lifted above his enemy trying to pull him down.

Ride on mr pantami...
for your information, I read everything... Let me help you with some controversial comments of him

“We are all happy whenever unbelievers are being killed,” Mr Pantami said. “But the Sharia does not allow us to kill them without a reason.”

“Our zeal (hamasa) should not take precedence over our obedience to the sacred law,” he added.

Mr Pantami’s comments were contained in three audio recordings of his teachings in the 2000s, when he took extreme positions in support of the brutal exploits of Al Qaeda and Taliban elements who were on a campaign to obliterate the West and conquer other parts of the world.

He made the remarks while responding to audience questions about his views on Osama Bin Laden during a lecture about the Taliban. Mr Pantami said of Mr Bin Laden, the late Al Qaeda leader responsible for bringing down the World Trade Centre in an attack that claimed over 3,000 lives in 2001: “I still consider him as a better Muslim than myself.”

Mr Pantami’s comments were translated by Professor Andrea Brigaglia, an African expert at Naples University in Italy. Nigerian scholar Musa Ibrahim of University of Florida in the United States contributed to the paper that explored the onset of Boko Haram in Nigeria.

Top journal publisher academia.edu published the research in March 2019, several months before Mr Buhari tapped Mr Pantami as a minister. Mr Pantami’s violent preachings, which he rendered in Hausa and Arabic throughout the late 1990s and early to mid-2000s, had gone largely unreported in the Nigerian mainstream media.

Mr Pantami did not return a request seeking comments from Peoples Gazette about whether or not he has eschewed his violent Salafist views.

How many people have been radicalised by Mr Pantami remained unclear. Messrs Brigaglia and Ibahim said Mr Pantami’s views were rare amongst Islamic preachers across Africa at the time they were made, even though they were common amongst Nigerian Muslims at the time.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by dederocs(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
See that face, see the eyes sad
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Easternmind(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Neutralobserver:

The Curisaders came from the whole church at the time. (at the time, the Church was made up of the Western and Eastern church. Western church organsied the crusades, eastern church tacitly supported it)

And they did commit atrocites (the capture of Jerusalem resulted in the deaths of lots of innocent people in the thousands.)

But once the war ended, they settled down to rule, and were to a large extent tolerant.

Crusades were raised simply because muslim leaders were at the time attacking christian pilgrims to what is now Israel and Palestine...before muslim leaders left such pilgrims alone, but then a new guy took over....

Infact, the whole issue of Crusades being an attack on Islam is a recent phenonenom....and it was raised by Arab nationalists in the wake of workd war one...after the European powers refused to guarantee independent Arab states as had been promised (a discussion on that matter is another long and complicated story). Origianally it was an attack on Arabs of all creeds, then Islamic fundamentalists co-opted the idea.

But the one on,the part of Muslim extremists cause calamity in this time and age,and I don't think using the incident of the crusade to justify it is a good idea.
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by naptu2: 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Why do you muslims always lie bare -facedly?
The US clearly said "WE WILL NOT DENY OR ACCEPT HE IS ON OUR WATCHLIST" which is the usual practice especially when the person is actually guilty but they don't want to compromise investigations.

Hahahahahaha

"You muslims" again?

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/6504071/fact-check-isa-pantami-not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Yankee101: 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
Buhari is an extremist

Birds of the same feather flock together
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by UnabashedIPOB: 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
We are all happy whenever unbelievers are being killed: Minister Pantami

Isa Aliyu Pantami, President Muhammadu Buhari’s communications minister, once declared that he was always a happy man towards the massacre of those he considered infidels

The above statement is from the IDIOT that you want to share the same space and breathe the same air with. Nigeria is a damn country!

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by CaptainAyub: 2:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
musicwriter:
This type of news is the reason I have no pity for the North and what they're passing through in the hand of terrorists. Since the so called independence, non muslims and, indeed, people from Southern Nigeria in general had been slaughtered up North in the name of a god called Allah and nobody batted an eyelid. Their collective tacit support for violence and killing of "non believers" over the years metamorphosed into Boko haram.

Reap what you sow.
Exactly.
They say we Igbos hate hausa/Fulani muslims.
Why won't we dislike them when every 5-10yrs,they will bring down corpses in trailers of those killed in the north for as little as a cartoon drawn in faraway Denmark?
Nigeria wants to host miss world in Abuja,they will kill Igbos.
Buhari lost an election where his party could only win 1 governorship election, they killed Igbos.
Meanwhile northern muslims live all over the east without fear or molestation.
Once when I was in Yobe state, an Edo boy started telling me the story of the early days of boko haram,midway into the story,we both started crying.
In the early days apart from the police, they were hunting Christians especially Igbos like bush meat and everybody including the governors kept quiet.
Now they're wailing because the dog has turned on its owners.

3 Likes

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by osusuallstars: 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
I dont need a prophet to tell me that pantani is not a terrorist
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Wierdceo: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
fk001:
I am surprised an inciting post like this posted by a renowned moderator.

The OP is sick
I am surprised such a stuupid comment was posted by a person who can read and write. This commentator is insane.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by jantman(m): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
SenatePresdo:
You don't need to tell us, we already know that.

The Joy of every Muslim is to see Christians decimated.
There is this latent hate in them, that no matter how educated a Muslim becomes, they would still hate other people not practicing Islam.

I could remember when Boko Haram started, and were only attacking churches. The heart of Northern Muslims were full of joy to the extent that Buhari said; "An attack on Boko Haram, Is an attack against the north".

Left for me, I can never vote a Muslim to Rule Nigeria, they are all fanatics.
Some Muslims are assertive with their Fanaticism, but the majority of them are passive, either because they are scared or because they are educated, but they are all fanatics.

Islam has never, and can never be a religion of peace. Islam is a nightmare, a curse and also a thing of horror.

Even a liberal Muslim will not be happy to have a Christian as the president of Nigeria.

They are all jihadists, and potential Terrorists.

They will kill you for trying to convert into Christianity, yet they would want us to believe Boko Haram are not their representative.

Any Muslim that is not a terrorist is just being a coward, all of them are innate terrorists.

I don't have much to say, but The president and his cohorts should bear in mind that it is far more easier to divide Nigeria than to islamize Nigeria.

ISLAMABAD!!

@SenatePresdo

You speak the deep reality of this people.

Many times I have tried to hate them because of their Islamic and backward mentality

But I could not hate them because i have been commanded to love all men

Islam is extremely evil.
Islam is a curse on earth.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by petitejolie(f): 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
obembet:
Dubai government is right
right about wat o
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by petitejolie(f): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2021
How can a human being say this and he's made a minister in a country. Godddddd.....
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Johnayoola(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bloody terrorist
This idiot might even be the one releasing info to Boko haram to ambush soldiers since most of their communication tech is nothing to write home about, CAN should demand for the sack of the terrorist because if left uncheck Christian leaders can be assassinate through info provided by this bastard because he is occupying a very sensitive position
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by ednut1(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2021
Release the audio

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Ituku4040: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
stormborn28:
for your information, I read everything... Let me help you with some controversial comments of him

“We are all happy whenever unbelievers are being killed,” Mr Pantami said. “But the Sharia does not allow us to kill them without a reason.”

“Our zeal (hamasa) should not take precedence over our obedience to the sacred law,” he added.

Mr Pantami’s comments were contained in three audio recordings of his teachings in the 2000s, when he took extreme positions in support of the brutal exploits of Al Qaeda and Taliban elements who were on a campaign to obliterate the West and conquer other parts of the world.

He made the remarks while responding to audience questions about his views on Osama Bin Laden during a lecture about the Taliban. Mr Pantami said of Mr Bin Laden, the late Al Qaeda leader responsible for bringing down the World Trade Centre in an attack that claimed over 3,000 lives in 2001: “I still consider him as a better Muslim than myself.”

Mr Pantami’s comments were translated by Professor Andrea Brigaglia, an African expert at Naples University in Italy. Nigerian scholar Musa Ibrahim of University of Florida in the United States contributed to the paper that explored the onset of Boko Haram in Nigeria.

Top journal publisher academia.edu published the research in March 2019, several months before Mr Buhari tapped Mr Pantami as a minister. Mr Pantami’s violent preachings, which he rendered in Hausa and Arabic throughout the late 1990s and early to mid-2000s, had gone largely unreported in the Nigerian mainstream media.

Mr Pantami did not return a request seeking comments from Peoples Gazette about whether or not he has eschewed his violent Salafist views.

How many people have been radicalised by Mr Pantami remained unclear. Messrs Brigaglia and Ibahim said Mr Pantami’s views were rare amongst Islamic preachers across Africa at the time they were made, even though they were common amongst Nigerian Muslims at the time.

This one strong oh
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by tonyson010(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2021
The type of people we have.
From their irrational and dictatorship mode of governance, u will know them. The way NIN was handled is a mess. Have gone to the office 4x since last week. Today, there was no network at all, I was told to wait till afternoon, in a big town within Abuja.
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by juman(m): 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
It's possible he made some statements then but people considered improper now.

I don't think he's a bad person presently.
I remember I was in a religious group in early 90s, today I cannot be in such group.
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by emmyN(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2021
jojofola:
Omo!!!

Let's wait and see if that Nairaland's Encyclopedia will open a new thread to tackle this one done by NL's supermöd.

Oga naptu2, they are calling your name here o cheesy
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Blazebond(m): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2021
Haha,pantami thought he was free from his past when the first story was retracted,his past will destroy him.
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by LordOfTheGame: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
Islam is a terrorists organisation that breeds terrorists in different countries. Pantami is a well known terrorist and supporter of terrorism. He can't deny his evils. Late buhari knew what he was doing when he was bringing in all the Muslim extremists into his govt. He only wanted to hand over Nigeria to them because he knew his time had come. Now all the zombies that were supporting him, have you all seen where your idiocy have landed us all? Northern Muslims are all criminals and terrorists.
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by codedphyness(m): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
Shabaleen:
"Islam is a religion of peace" what figure of speech is this??

future impossible tense

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
emmyN:

Oga naptu2, they are calling your name here o cheesy

That disgraced charlatan and paid hack. I have even taken the liberty of providing the contact details and relational bio of the man who translated Pantami's words so our pen-for-hire nairaland compatriots can go and sue Dr.Andrea Brigaglia, asap.

At least the guy is not a powerless Nigerian they can intimidate, browbeat and bully into silence. Some paid hacks don buy bad market as I told them they would yesterday. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by charlesucheh(m): 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Judybash93(m): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
NATIONALPASTOR:
The ediot is a terrorist supporter...
No, he isn't. He is actually a terrorist
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by CodeTemplar: 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Seun:

I heard that the DSS didn't want to give him security clearance but the president insisted on it. So his career isn't over until the president says so.
This shows Buhari is 99% of his admin's problem. Why is Gumi Sheikh still walking around?
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by professore(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
We all are reading.
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by emonis88: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Pls God how did we reach here? This govt has disappointed Nigerians on all levels n all ramifications, let us not wake up one day n become slaves in our own country, Those who voted for a Messiah, seh una see una hand work?
Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by mike8804: 2:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
SenatePresdo:
You don't need to tell us, we already know that.

The Joy of every Muslim is to see Christians decimated.
There is this latent hate in them, that no matter how educated a Muslim becomes, they would still hate other people not practicing Islam.

I could remember when Boko Haram started, and were only attacking churches. The heart of Northern Muslims were full of joy to the extent that Buhari said; "An attack on Boko Haram, Is an attack against the north".

Left for me, I can never vote a Muslim to Rule Nigeria, they are all fanatics.
Some Muslims are assertive with their Fanaticism, but the majority of them are passive, either because they are scared or because they are educated, but they are all fanatics.

Islam has never, and can never be a religion of peace. Islam is a nightmare, a curse and also a thing of horror.

Even a liberal Muslim will not be happy to have a Christian as the president of Nigeria.

They are all jihadists, and potential Terrorists.

They will kill you for trying to convert into Christianity, yet they would want us to believe Boko Haram are not their representative.

Any Muslim that is not a terrorist is just being a coward, all of them are innate terrorists.

I don't have much to say, but The president and his cohorts should bear in mind that it is far more easier to divide Nigeria than to islamize Nigeria.

ISLAMABAD!!

check the life of Jesus, Buddha, Muhammed and leaders of other major religions then you will see why Muslims are all potential terrorists...their leader is known to kill, terrorize, rape , enslave etc.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by RamoniSA: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
And some foolish haters will believe in this cut and paste credited to Prof. Pantami.

The words are clear to the discernible who purge themselves of hate and sentiments.

The words "we are happy..." was merely a sarcasm and it was made clear by the next words that killings are not in the dictates of the Shariah.

Pantami made it clear that those being happy with killing of the perceived infidels is against the laid down Shariah laws.

So, we should not take it as cut and pasted here. Let us view the full video. Even without the full video, the words are clear and not in support of the killing.

Re: 'We Are Happy Whenever Unbelievers Are Killed' - Pantami (GazetteNGR) by Iro1989(m): 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lies! Lies!! And more lies!!!
This is nothing but character assassination. Retraction imminent!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Valentine: MC Oluomo To His 3 Wives, “I Will Never Make You Shed Tears" / Dino Melaye: I Am Not The Father Of Tboss Child - Senator Denies / Peter Obi Supporters Block His Convoy At Mile 2 Market, Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.