Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,019 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:33 AM

Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up (9824 Views)

Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Falana Predicts What Will Happen In Atiku’s Court Case Against Buhari / 2019: Gbenga Daniel Predicts What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by vanunu: 6:33am On Apr 15, 2021
Brexxit:
We in the Niger delta republic will take over 100% control of our oil wealth.
Making us the richest african nation on earth.

Minimum wage will be around 200k.
Free healthcare and education.
Free transportation services.

Give us our Niger delta republic now!! grin

By then oil will be useless, electric car will be everywhere, it is only gas that will give you people money.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Advocate500: 6:34am On Apr 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
No place in Nigeria is developed suddenly they think they will develop when they breakup.

Lagos before it was Nigeria had access to the sea but nothing to show except engaging in slavery business
tell us how the northern region will fair if the country is divided today, that all about the discussion on this thread pls don't be offended.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by FatherOfJesus: 6:36am On Apr 15, 2021
vanunu:

By then oil will be useless, electric car will be everywhere, it is only gas that will give you people money.
Oil cannot be useless even in the next 500years.

Although I think Nigerdelta country is only on paper, those guys cannot form any country, they are too disunited over tribal lines. The worse that can happen to them is that they will split and join either oduduwa or Biafra. A lot of lobbying and agreements will be made.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Akudaisi: 6:38am On Apr 15, 2021
Adelaide2:

I am an Igbo from Abia. Abum onye Igbo. Maka odi mma ikwu ezi okwu. You can draw a line on the map. But you know it's not as easy as that. Wike has told you he is not Igbo. Millions of Niger Deltans agree with him. You go fight war taya.
yes I understand but nke but eziokwu wu na we don't need them and besides Nwike is entitled to his own opinion,I have actually met some even the girl am talking to now is from Igbo Etche,if you want to know what the people think just have a referendum,and let it be known to you that that so called Niger Delta is a big sham an Average Delta or Rivers Igbo isn't that comfortable with Urhobo Benin and Ijaws,even Urhobo Benin and Ijaw are not comfortable with each other,if you are an Igbo man which I kinda doubt because this statement is a typical Afonja statement
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 15, 2021
Advocate500:
this young man is not an igboman, he might have spend some time in anambra but obviously have no business with the igbos, he have obviously cleared every doubt in me that he have no business with igboman. Yurobas should be careful, the comments of this young man does not represent igboman views and aspirations.

gasfgsarcxajk

That's the reply you want, enjoy it...Ndi ala.

Face your state and remove Anambra state from your mouth...
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 15, 2021
ZiiVentures:

So you think I'm Igbo?
Only an Igbo IPOB can make such a daft comment.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ken6488(m): 7:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Akudaisi:
take a look at the mouth of the channel,the dredging will be done in Azumini axis,only foolish people would not welcome the idea,the area is a Forest area,it will be to their own gain because it will bring life to those impenetrable areas
Is opobo igbo
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Akudaisi: 7:56am On Apr 15, 2021
ken6488:
Is opobo igbo
no it's Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ggood: 7:57am On Apr 15, 2021
ZiiVentures:

You're indeed a nut head! We trust the Igbos more than ijaws. Though some Igbos are egocentric and stupid. we have a common cultural heritage with them than the ijaw ppl.
why did you trust Igbo more than Ijaw, how many ijaw do we have sef
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by gidgiddy: 7:57am On Apr 15, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

Good analysis.

Just that i disagree with the last bit that says the ijaw and Edo may want to continue with 'one Nigeria' with the north. If such a situation arises that would make them have to choose staying in Nigeria, i'd wager they would either prefer to go it alone or ask to join Biafra or Oduduwa.

Its possible, Edoid/Ijoid may eventually become Niger Delta Republic. Akwa-Cross- Ogoja are far closer to Igbos in every way, shape of form and are most likely to join Biafra

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ken6488(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2021
Akudaisi:
no it's Yoruba
What my business self this is how you guys keep claiming port Harcourt we grin All know an average ikwere man will not want to doing anything with you guys
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by nengibo: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2021
Adelaide2:
As seen on Facebook

"Here is my prediction for the different components of Nigeria if it breaks up. Only four countries are likely to emerge.

1. The Yoruba will start off much easier than others. The Yoruba have some of the aces (relatively homogenous, access to sea, relatively organized socio-politico-economic system, educated human resources) to start surviving quickly.

2. The Igbo have all that the Yoruba have, except for unquestioned access to sea. But they will suffer seriously for the first couple of years, due to the obvious dislocation of their investments all over Nigeria. There will be chaos due to competition and lack of centralized leadership.. But they will bounce back and become very strong. They will catch up with the Yoruba at some point.

3. The South South will descend into seemingly unending inter ethnic chaos over language, culture, resource allocation, as well as the geographical dislocation (compare location of Cross River to Edo) of their new country.

4. The North will continue life almost as usual (religious problem and insecurity, and subjugation of minorities). They will get poorer over time. But many are already so poor that it really does not matter anymore. As long as the non Muslims don't give any problem, the North will not suffer more than it is doing now. They have the ample land for agriculture. They will adjust to survive.

Note that these are predictions, not prophesies. Good luck.����"
typical Yoruba man reasoning, 'only my mama soup fit sweet'
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Akudaisi: 9:15am On Apr 15, 2021
ken6488:
What my business self this is how you guys keep claiming port Harcourt we grin All know an average ikwere man will not want to doing anything with you guys
point of correction it's not even the Ikwerre that are joint owner with Ijaw,Ibani and Kalabari in Opobo,it's Igbo who trace their lineage to Nkwerre in present day Imo state,it's hard to find an Igbo speaking Opobo who denies being Igbo
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Vatod(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2021
Just like you think Nigeria will able to split peacefully
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Bkayyy: 9:49am On Apr 15, 2021
SlayerForever:

Where you dey since? Dey ban you?
My dear na long story
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ayo84(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2021
The i can sell sand to the arabs question pantheon, how typical , i can't even attempt to write this, you cannot trust Nigerians even on nairaland, ill post a response if ...

Please anyone with a current or domiciliary account with GTBank should kindly contact me by email explicifit@yahoo.com , to help me fill a reference form and send it back asap, i would kindly appreciate such a good gesture. Unfortunately my phone was stolen so i don't have whatsapp for now. i can reward the good gesture with airtime or data.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SlayerForever: 10:04am On Apr 15, 2021
Bkayyy:
My dear na long story

Alright.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by SlayerForever: 10:07am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Bur the UNCLOS law permits Southeast to get access to the sea via a direct river access even if southsouth doesn’t agree.

Biafra can win the case if they take it up in United Nations. Do you know about the UNCLOS?

The vast majority here don't, starting from the op.

Although I don't think the animalistic people South side will take cognizance of international law.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by CaptainAyub: 10:18am On Apr 15, 2021
ggood:
Akwa Ibom can never be part of Biafra , Biafra want Akwa Ibom because of oil
Biafra want Akwa Ibom bc of oil,but it is the hausa/foolanis and the Alakijas,the Otudekos etc that own most of the oil wells.
Do you know Imo,Anambra and Abia all have huge oil reserves which are yet to be tapped?
Do you know Imo has the largest onshore gas reserve in the country?

2 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by whirlwind7(m): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2021
Bundaweber:

the world is not sunshine and roses. If someone had told those of the sixties that Nigeria would devolve into this mess they would have laughed themselves silly. I view anyone that thinks about forming a new nation as a coward that is not ready to take up a challenge. what happens when the new "nations" follow the path that Nigeria is taking? are they then going to call for another " break up". look up the Balkan countries and the other countries that broke up and ask them sincerely if they would have prefered to be part of the Union. I believe that solving Nigeria challenges is easier than founding a new nation. All it takes is political will, equity and fairness of just a few of our leaders and Nigeria will blossom again. Even buhari can turn this country around if he and his team decides to show this trait. but instead the elites that will still be a part of this new "nations" would rather continue to amass stolen funds as if they are going to bribe angel Micheal and Gabriel in the afterlife

You are wrong in every way.

Nigeria as a country has no will to correct the ills it is plagued with. Don't know how old you are, but it seem you haven't realized that since the war ended in 1970, every single politician keep talking about solving the problem of the country, yet none of them is ready to look the problem in the eye.
All they do is pay lip service, and 50 years later, we are still running around in circles
You wanna tell me that 50 years isn't enough to solve a country's problem and place it on the path of speedy development?
You're playing the ostrich here. You also have that political mentality that when people ask for restructuring or secession, they are looking for trouble. Else you won't be talking about solving a problem the country has absolutely refused to acknowledge, much less taking steps to resolving it.
Put this into perspective: if there had been restructuring 20 or 30 years ago, we wouldn't be discussing this shít right now.
We would be talking cutting edge technology and competing with advanced countries in the areas of science, ICT, medicine and robotics rather than creating Ruga and cow colonies.

3 Likes

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by CaptainAyub: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2021
SmartPolician:

Nnamdi Kanu's struggle for Biafra preceeded Jonathan regime.
But the agitation was not as pronounced as it is today.
As a matter of fact, the idea of calling Nigeria a zoo started because Jonathan studied zoology in school.
Kanu argued that it's only in a zoo that a zoologist could be the leader.
However, when Buhari's DSS attacked, arrested and charged Nnamdi Kanu to court was when the group became veryyyyyyyy popular.
Be guided.
Tell them oo.
Nnamdi Kanu that was arrested and detained overnight but released d following day during GEJ tenure only for Buhari to make a hero of him by detaining him indefinitely without court orders.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by CaptainAyub: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2021
ZiiVentures:

You're indeed a nut head! We trust the Igbos more than ijaws. Though some Igbos are egocentric and stupid. we have a common cultural heritage with them than the ijaw ppl.
Just ignore them,they don't know.
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by oyatz(m): 11:02am On Apr 15, 2021
Akudaisi:
Bros a law is a law 25 miles to the Sea is not a invasion to anyone country or border or whatever ever,we can move up our Goods to from the Atlantic ocean to Azumini river because that's the law of the sea

The law is for littoral States and once there is another sovereign State between your River and the Ocean (even if it's 5km) you will need the permission of
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Akudaisi: 11:06am On Apr 15, 2021
oyatz:

The law is for littoral States and once there is another sovereign State between your River and the Ocean (even if it's 5km) you will need the permission of
look at the map I sent there is Opobo right down in the mouth of the Atlantic, we don't need and we will never need one get that into your ewedu skull
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by bjdon: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2021
If Nigeria breaks, Edo will go its own way. We were always an independent Kingdom before being colonised and we will return to that.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by oyatz(m): 11:10am On Apr 15, 2021
Akudaisi:
look at the map I sent there is Opobo right down in the mouth of the Atlantic, we don't need and we will never need one get that into your ewedu skull

This depends on whether Opobo will be part of Biafra or another country.
Your resorts to insults is plain childish.

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Akudaisi: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Oil cannot be useless even in the next 500years.

Although I think Nigerdelta country is only on paper, those guys cannot form any country, they are too disunited over tribal lines. The worse that can happen to them is that they will split and join either oduduwa or Biafra. A lot of lobbying and agreements will be made.
lol wakeup Oil is becoming useless daily the earlier u know that the better

1 Like

Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by Akudaisi: 11:12am On Apr 15, 2021
oyatz:

This depends on whether Opobo will be part of Biafra or another country.
Your resorts to insults is plain childish.
we already know where our Boundaries end ok,you don't have anything to offer us and we don't need your assistance in claiming our territories thanks
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by obyrich(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Adelaide2:

There will be war over sea access between Igbos and South South. South East don't have access to sea except if they convince Ikwerres and Opobos to join the Igbo country. That's why the post says "unquestioned access".
There will be no war any where. There new country will be drawn up along ethnic lines rather than present military imposed and undemocratic geo-political zones.

Also note there will be a referendum
Re: Man Predicts What Happens To New Countries If Nigeria Breaks Up by ggood: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Biafra want Akwa Ibom bc of oil,but it is the hausa/foolanis and the Alakijas,the Otudekos etc that own most of the oil wells.
Do you know Imo,Anambra and Abia all have huge oil reserves which are yet to be tapped?
Do you know Imo has the largest onshore gas reserve in the country?
Imo and Anambra oil can't be compare to Akwa Ibom oil

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Appeals To Supreme Court To Give Accelerated Hearing To VAT Case / Kuriga School Children: It's Not Important if Ransom Was Paid Or Not - Gov Sani / Abure-led Labour Party Changes Convention Venue To Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.