Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,673,879 members, 6,288,908 topics. Date: Friday, 14 May 2021 at 02:34 PM

I Feel Like Dropping Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Feel Like Dropping Out (748 Views)

I Feel Like Giving Up In Learning Programming. I Find It Hard!! / Bootstrap Is Dropping IE Support / This Image Processing Projects Are Jaw-dropping. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like Dropping Out by peterangelo(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14
The course that I'm studying is really stressing me out.

I just want to leave and face my site that am working on currently.

Postorous is the name of the site. A social news site

www.postorous.com

I haven't uploaded any thing yet.
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by Ynix: 10:58pm On Apr 14
It is not worth it bro
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by Karleb(m): 1:36am On Apr 15
If you are not from a rich home, don't drop out. Endure, by the time you graduate you can create enough free to do what you love but for now you need that degree.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by SegFault: 8:23am On Apr 15
If you don't have a workable realistic plan don't do it else I pity you. Mark Zuckerberg's family was not poor, Bill Gates father was a rich lawyer too.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by The5DME(m): 8:48am On Apr 15
i was once at this stage. But thank God i evolved sha.
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by valzey(m): 10:12am On Apr 15
You can sort your courses with money, let impersonators write for you...etc, the options are limitless but you get the point, but do not dropout unless you're currently very good with at least 3 years experience and have a clear plan that doesn't depend on employers.

Software engineering is not just about writing code. There's real difference between a beginner, junior dev, intermediate dev and senior dev. Without the necessary experience, you can't build a scalable app regardless of how good you think you are in frontend and backend coding. One day, the site will crash when you need it the most due to traffic assuming your idea sold. If your idea is good and investors come in, they'll probably ask you to step down and put a more experienced dev as tech lead.

There's a whole process man, think it through, be humble and know your level.

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by africonn: 5:35pm On Apr 15
valzey:
You can sort your courses with money, let impersonators write for you...etc, the options are limitless but you get the point, but do not dropout unless you're currently very good with at least 3 years experience and have a clear plan that doesn't depend on employers.

Software engineering is not just about writing code. There's real difference between a beginner, junior dev, intermediate dev and senior dev. Without the necessary experience, you can't build a scalable app regardless of how good you think you are in frontend and backend coding. One day, the site will crash when you need it the most due to traffic assuming your idea sold. If your idea is good and investors come in, they'll probably ask you to step down and put a more experienced dev as tech lead.

Pure truth �
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by ify01: 1:47pm On Apr 16
valzey:

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by peterangelo(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16
[quote author=ify01 post=100845866][/quote]nice forum
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by peterangelo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 16
valzey:

I don't have level oo

Im just an Hustler
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by GideonG(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16
I know exactly how you feel I was like that few years ago, I dropped out from Petroleum engineering in 300l 2008. 8 years later I wrote another jamb in 2015. Now I am in my final year computer science 500level I will graduate at the age of 38. Whatever it is NEVER LET THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO OBTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATE AND MOVE. It's not always as it is out there.

Don't forget, I was already a programmer before I came back to school. I know about 5 languages, built countless stuff including a couple of Android apps, full stack web apps among other things but now I am 85% AI and 15% software development with JavaScript / Vue.

You should be reasoning on how to go for masters and build your passion stronger.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by Nobody: 1:43am On Apr 17
GideonG:
I know exactly how you feel I was like that few years ago, I dropped out from Petroleum engineering in 300l 2008. 8 years later I wrote another jamb in 2015. Now I am in my final year computer science 500level I will graduate at the age of 38. Whatever it is NEVER LET THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO OBTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATE AND MOVE. It's not always as it is out there.

Don't forget, I was already a programmer before I came back to school. I know about 5 languages, built countless stuff including a couple of Android apps, full stack web apps among other things but now I am 85% AI and 15% software development with JavaScript / Vue.

You should be reasoning on how to go for masters and build your passion stronger.
cool
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by arabmoney14: 5:39pm On Apr 17
GideonG:
University of Ibadan?
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by ThePlainTruth: 7:57pm On Apr 17
It is like dropping out off school to play football alone and with your mates when there is no guarantee of becoming a profesional footballer.

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by peterangelo(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29
ThePlainTruth:
It is like dropping out off school to play football alone and with your mates when there is no guarantee of becoming a profesional footballer.

thanks i can see sense in ur post

thnks alot
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by ThePlainTruth: 7:10pm On Apr 29
peterangelo:

thanks i can see sense in ur post
thnks alot

No worries. Just endure and try to love what you are doing now once you complete your studies programming will still be there and you'll have plenty of time to code.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by GideonG(m): 4:10pm On Apr 30
arabmoney14:

University of Ibadan?

Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by arabmoney14: 4:37pm On Apr 30
GideonG:

Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi
Oh ok. Also a 5 year course in unibadan

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by Naijatask: 5:58am On May 02
GideonG:

Nice. This is an inspiration to me. I always thought that I'll be too big to enroll into the uni at 26.
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by peterangelo(m): 12:41pm On May 02
GideonG:

is computer science 5years

In funai it's 4years
Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by GideonG(m): 8:48pm On May 02
Naijatask:

Nice. This is an inspiration to me. I always thought that I'll be too big to enroll into the uni at 26.
Sat for Jamb at 32, now remain only final year project and a single semester, which is last my semester. Better CGPA and ample skills

1 Like

Re: I Feel Like Dropping Out by Naijatask: 1:27pm On May 03
GideonG:

Sat for Jamb at 32, now remain only final year project and a single semester, which is last my semester. Better CGPA and ample skills

Thank you. Right now, I'm currently studying estate management, a 5year course in a federal university.

But I initially applied for cyber security science. Right now, I'm not satisfied with my course and there's nothing I can do, since I'm in my 4th year @22.

But I'm still wishing for the best sha.

Once I'm done with my current degree, if I have capital, I'm definitely studying computer science smiley .

(1) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Help Me Wit Php Programming Language / Quotes By Fredrick P. Brooks / Software Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.