Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion (4695 Views)

Men Are Scarce (A Misconstrued Statement). / Why Husbands Are Dying Faster / Meet Peju Johnson, President Of Sweet Girls Association Of Nigeria & An Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 3:27am On Apr 15, 2021
These are some of the reasons why husbands are scarce in Nigeria. Men kill themselves in cult wars. Most men that travel abroad end up marrying foreigners. Men are the ones that mostly go to prison. SARS killed many men. For the few available men that have survived all these, only a fraction of them can afford the exorbitant marriage rites expected of them.

Feel free to add yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Praxis758: 3:37am On Apr 15, 2021
1. Debasement of morality

2. Spiritual/Religious mismatch. (Wrong teachings)

3. Economic disadvantage (joblessness)

4. Negative social medial influence

5. Lessons from married couples (infidelity, divorce, marital violence)

6. Feministic/misogynistic error

7. Fantasy standards from the female (women)

8. Cultural yoke (some ethic group still adhering to seniority among siblings to marry)

9. Money

10. Class (gap between the rich and poor)

11. Education (imbalance in level of education and ASUU & FG's loggerhead resulting tin strike.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 3:55am On Apr 15, 2021
Praxis758:
1. Debasement of morality

2. Spiritual/Religious mismatch. (Wrong teachings)

3. Economic disadvantage (joblessness)

4. Negative social medial influence

5. Lessons from married couples (infidelity, divorce, marital violence)

6. Feministic/misogynistic error

7. Fantasy standards from the female (women)

8. Cultural yoke (some ethic group still adhering to seniority among siblings to marry)

9. Money

10. Class (gap between the rich and poor)

11. Education (imbalance in level of education and ASUU & FG's loggerhead resulting tin strike.

My brother you gather point

7 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by janedonez(m): 3:57am On Apr 15, 2021
This is interesting.
Wait and see the "marriage is a scam" team as they will arrive soon on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by ayourbamie: 4:00am On Apr 15, 2021
The future is female gang drive men away too

6 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 4:01am On Apr 15, 2021
ayourbamie:
The future is female gang drive men away too

HAhaha grin grin grin
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by TheUndercover: 4:10am On Apr 15, 2021
Marriage is an expensive gift most modern women don't deserve. If you want the marriage institution to thrive, make it favourable for men, not women.

22 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Aliyeous(m): 4:25am On Apr 15, 2021
who gave you my number gang

2 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by gnykelly(m): 4:46am On Apr 15, 2021
go Alaba or go ladipo you go see as the number of able bodied Bachelor full street. Guys plenty pass women grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by missimelda01(f): 4:55am On Apr 15, 2021
Husbands are scarce because men don’t want to be husbands anymore, sometimes because they’re not capable of being one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Duplexxx: 5:01am On Apr 15, 2021
You sayyyy
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Ahmed0336(m): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2021
When free kpetus is availability 24/7 for kpanshin why would young men want to marry?

To both gender, know that your body is the temple of God.

keep it holy.
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by AwesomeStormy00(m): 5:30am On Apr 15, 2021
missimelda01:
Husbands are scarce because men don’t want to be husbands anymore, sometimes because they’re not capable of being one.

@missimelda01 i strongly disagree with your point, men want to be husband but society and traditional rite is killing men which one is for a guy to pay close to 300k or more before he can get marry, that is just the dowry then when you add marriage expenses etc everything close to a million.

In a civilised country the mother of the bride plan and paid for everything reason is because it is her daughter best day and she want it to be memorable but in naija the opposite is the case.

Men want the best for their future

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by pizzzy(m): 5:57am On Apr 15, 2021
increase in the rate of divorce is a major cost of scarcity of husbands. After watching chinedu spend 6m to marry his wife and now they are divorced will ifeanyi want to do the same?Hope say i spell the names well grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by illicit(m): 6:26am On Apr 15, 2021
I am single and satisfied

8 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by johnkey: 6:28am On Apr 15, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

@missimelda01 i strongly disagree with your point, men want to be husband but society and traditional rite is killing men which one is for a guy to pay close to 300k or more before he can get marry, that is just the dowry then when you add marriage expenses etc everything close to a million.

In a civilised country the mother of the bride plan and paid for everything reason is because it is her daughter best day and she want it to be memorable but in naija the opposite is the case.

Men want the best for their future
oga speak for yourself abeg. no more wife material in this country so as for me I'm personally not getting married to no hoe. which men wan be husbands to used damaged goods?

13 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by tosik(m): 6:31am On Apr 15, 2021
missimelda01:
husband are scarce because no one wants to marry a liability

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2021
johnkey:
oga speak for yourself abeg. no more wife material in this country so as for me I'm personally not getting married to no hoe. which men wan be husbands to used damaged goods?

Lol bros there are still virgins in naija grin you just need to pray for bone.of your bones abi na missing rib
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by johnkey: 7:15am On Apr 15, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Lol bros there are still virgins in naija grin you just need to pray for bone.of your bones abi na missing rib
my ribs are complete abeg I no want extra baggage for my life, if I see better virgin from very rich family I still fit consider am, but for me to wife a used damaged hoe... I'll rather die

5 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:22am On Apr 15, 2021
johnkey:
my ribs are complete abeg I no want extra baggage for my life, if I see better virgin from very rich family I still fit consider am, but for me to wife a used damaged hoe... I'll rather die

Lol oga @Johnkey you are making me laugh bro have a great day

May God grant your heart desires.
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by johnkey: 7:24am On Apr 15, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

May God grant your heart desires.
amen and you too sir
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 7:48am On Apr 15, 2021
johnkey:

There is a woman for every man. If you decide not to marry, you are denying that woman meant for you a good husband. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by lemon10(m): 7:50am On Apr 15, 2021
tosik:

husband are scarce because no one wants to marry a liability

Then date working-class ladies. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by femi4: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2021
lemon10:
These are some of the reasons why husbands are scarce in Nigeria. Men kill themselves in cult wars. Most men that travel abroad end up marrying foreigners. Men are the ones that mostly go to prison. SARS killed many men. For the few available men that have survived all these, only a fraction of them can afford the exorbitant marriage rites expected of them.

Feel free to add yours.
The real problem, you failed to address. The economy is the problem.

I m still feeding a 32yr old man graduate under my roof. Tell me when that one will be ready to start his own family

10 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Jeon(f): 8:14am On Apr 15, 2021
johnkey:

are you brand new?
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by chatinent: 8:16am On Apr 15, 2021
Men are not scarce.

Women are only plentier.
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by tosik(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2021
lemon10:

Then date working-class ladies. grin grin grin grin
alright sir...
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Faber(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2021
First of all, there is not scarcity of husbands in Nigeria. There are three reasons why there's problem in people getting married in this useless enclave. Viz:

(1) Govt is very irresponsible. No jobs for the youth(if you're gainfully employed the next thing on your mind is to settle down) There are also no plans and welfare packages to support young families. If you wife get Belle and you come broke without capable relations to assist... My man casala don burst for your head o

(2)The ladies are insatiable. They need to lower their tastes and aspirations and also learn to take their own destiny in their own hands. As the Govt don fail all man, they should help their men

(3)Then, the third is that due high crime rate in the country, most guys are languishing in prisons both in Nigeria and overseas. The remaining ones don join bandits or Boko Haram

2 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Seniorwriter(m): 8:21am On Apr 15, 2021
This is a phenomenon all over the world and it is due to a low birth rate of the male species compared to the high female birth rate.
Howbeit there is also a high death rate for males than females due to their more active and daily activities involving persona hence they are more endangered take for instance we have more males in the Military and all Security Outfits around the world.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter
Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Hintona(f): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2021
Husbands are not scarce.

Good husbands are scarce.

1 Like

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by Vulcanheph(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2021
missimelda01:
Because you women have made marriage so difficult for men despite the fact that it favors you women more.

6 Likes

Re: Why Husbands Are Scarce In Nigeria : An Opinion by ayodele17893: 9:47am On Apr 15, 2021
:
May God grant your heart desires. amen and you too sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am About To Cut My Hair ( picture) / My Boyfriend Is Short And It Disturbs Me / Am I The Only One Who Cringes When . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.