Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion (54484 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / The Glory Dome: New Dunamis 100,000 Seater Journey (Pictures) / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Venlony: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
lexy2014:

U don't need a 160b naira to save souls. Don't remember Jesus or d apostles building structures to save souls
Nothing is too small for the gospel and no amount will ever be too much for the work of the Lord on Earth. In years to come bigger projects than this shall be embarked on by the church of Christ,so save your critism for the future.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by chijokz(m): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Abeg make I hear word, this is the line that there use to continuously enslave religious fanatics like you.....
Isn't there enough churches already in nigeria?
The simple truth is that He's building a church that will attract more members who will pay more tithes and bring in more money for him.
Exactly my assertions.
I had this same discussion with my brainwashed friend.
I told him it's all about business expansion and I did the math with him. Hypothetically, Let's say every attendee pays tithe and offerings of 1k.
Current building revenue: 50k capacity x 1k = N50,000,000
The Ark projected revenue: 100k capacity x 1k = N100, 000,000
I told him it's purely business and an expansion strategy which I don't have anything against. But disagree with the premise of it winning souls.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Angelmichael63: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

True. Especially as they go around saying "my God is not a poor God" and Jesus wore expensive clothes that's why the Roman soldiers "casted lots" for them.

Imagine their disgust if one wretched person arises, from the wrong side of the Niger, claiming to be the son of God? Oyedepo will personally slap the crap out of that person.
my brother hate church or not na your concern

nothing will stop church from growing
once u start fighting church u just begin your journey of no return

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by spyglaxx: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

So God said u shud starve believers so they will continue to follow him? Lol nawa oo
Matthew 4 . "men shall not live by bread alone but by the words that proceed out of the mouth of the lord. "

You will listen to the word and change your ways, including your financial ways (Prov6:6) The word you listen to will determine which direction your live will face.

The politicians we will listen to in 2023 will determine the direction of the country and then we will come and blame pastors.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BinamRex: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
They now compete on who is going to build the largest auditorium. I know many members of Living Faith who are living from hand to mouth, and they always sow seed and pay tithe, but still wallow in grinding poverty.

Imagine what would be achieved if Living Faith uses this money to help its indigent church members. Pastors now buy private jets and live in palaces while their followers live in misery. You are very stupid if you still give these so-called men of God money thinking that you are giving it to God. Who told you God needs your money? Ode!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Abeg make I hear word, this is the line that there use to continuously enslave religious fanatics like you.....
Isn't there enough churches already in nigeria?
The simple truth is that He's building a church that will attract more members who will pay more tithes and bring in more money for him.
Stop talking trash. Jay jay O.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Psoul(m): 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Yeah and the most successful of this pastorpreneurs in Nigeria are:-
E.A. Adeboye
David Oyedepo
Chris oyakhilome

Before you quote me, simply pick up your phone and Google "the richest pastors in the world" you will be surprised to know that 70% of the pastors on that list are nigerian pastors.

While you are using your google,
Also search your Bible for this:
Isaiah 61:5-7
…5 Strangers will stand and feed your flocks, and foreigners will be your plowmen and vinedressers.
6 But you will be called the priests of the LORD; they will speak of you as ministers of our God; you will feed on the wealth of nations, and you will boast in their riches.
7 Instead of shame, My people will have a double portion, and instead of humiliation, they will rejoice in their share; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.…

Isaiah 60:4-6

…4Lift up your eyes and look around: They all gather and come to you; your sons will come from afar, and your daughters will be carried on the arm. 5Then you will look and be radiant, and your heart will tremble and swell with joy, because the riches of the sea will be brought to you, and the wealth of the nations will come to you. 6Caravans of camels will cover your land, young camels of Midian and Ephah, and all from Sheba will come, bearing gold and frankincense and proclaiming the praises of the LORD.…

These will tell you why Ministers of God are expected to be very rich.

Thank you.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

Brilliant

I followed Him for over a decade before I sat I realised it didn't reflect the Christian Faith I want to see in the world. Carry my bag and left

My only regret was spending beyond a day with such people

The truth is many Christians are used to bad leadership so they don't know how to demand good leadership

If Joseph was using the resources of Egypt to build pyramid nd the rest ignoring human capital investment, an entire generation across the world would have died.

Any pastor that can not be questioned it not a real pastor as far is I’m concerned. I will question u and I don’t care who u are because Jesus, paul and the disciples where questioned and nowhere did they insult people for questioning them.

So I don’t know where these guys get their doctrines from.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
BinamRex:
They now compete on who is going to build the largest auditorium. I know many members of Living Faith who are living from hand to mouth, and they always sow seed and pay tithe, but still wallow in grinding poverty.

Imagine what would be achieved if Living Faith uses this money to help its indigent church members. Pastors now buy private jets and live in palaces while their followers live in misery. You are very stupid if you still give these so-called men of God money thinking that you are giving it to God. Who told you God needs your money? Ode!

I know many

I know at least one person that died that if there was 1 Million wouldn't have died. If such exists hundreds exist.

We speak about this abnormality in the Christian faith and some people are playing politics with the situation

I know people who have committed 10 years, 15 years, 20 years. Why don't we attend to the needs of such persons. Why?

Yet, some Christians would be defending badly conceived actions. It's not an issue of the world against the church. This isn't right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Any pastor that can not be questioned it not a real pastor as far is I’m concerned. I will question u and I don’t care who u are because Jesus, paul and the disciples where questioned and nowhere did they insult people for questioning them.

So I don’t know where these guys get their doctrines from.

Accountability is the principle of Heaven and the truest standard of good stewardship

If a person can't be questioned, they shouldn't manage public service. Period

When people aren't well spiritually trained, you will see the deficiency show in their dealings
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Angelmichael63: 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
chijokz:

Exactly my assertions.
I had this same discussion with my brainwashed friend.
I told him it's all about business expansion and I did the math with him. Hypothetically, Let's say every attendee pays tithe and offerings of 1k.
Current building revenue: 50k capacity x 1k = N50,000,000
The Ark projected revenue: 100k capacity x 1k = N100, 000,000
I told him it's purely business and an expansion strategy which I don't have anything against. But disagree with the premise of it winning souls.
you know,gods of this earth have his ways of covering people's HEART with his veil so that he will keep them in DARKNESS forever

KEEP CALCULATING.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by octal2003(m): 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
Some of his church members who contributed to the building don't have a house. Religion is a fraud in this country. Nigerians be wise.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by 0808dail: 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.

160 billion too much bros
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

Matthew 4 . "men shall not live by bread alone but by the words that proceed out of the mouth of the lord. "

You will listen to the word and change your ways, including your financial ways (Prov6:6) The word you listen to will determine which direction your live will face.

The politicians we will listen to in 2023 will determine the direction of the country and then we will come and blame pastors.

Did u read where Christians sold their properties to feed and help the needy in their midst? Man will not live by bread alone doesn’t mean man wud starve of hunger.

Is the English that difficult?

Politicians have their own accountability coming from the citizens bt pastors shud follow the scriptures not what they like to do or their ego.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by KingAlayinde(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Jirehz(m): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Its a Church being built, not a night club. What is the vanity in it when its to save souls.

If you give 10000 youths 1mil( make e be their members sef), you would have saved those souls forever.

Waste of money for me.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Anakazo22: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
LordReed:

160,000 people empowered with a million each would have way more impact than this project in my opinion.
You are not serious,all of you keep wailing and crying,the church is marching on and none of you can stop it,go and complain to your government, you didn't vote for him so let him run the church as God direct.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:
Na wah oh.... Can't he do something beneficial for the members instead of building this contraption.
150 billion can change the life of a lot of people in many ways or look around for one of the project that our wicked leaders have refused to do and do it.
Before you quote me remember that this is what Jesus would have wanted.
Talk sensibly.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Did u read where Christians sold their properties to feed and help the needy in their midst? Man will not live by bread alone doesn’t mean man wud starve of hunger.

Is the English that difficult?

Politicians have their own accountability coming from the citizens bt pastors shud follow the scriptures not what they like to do or their ego.

Even in Heaven, there's a council though subject to God and in singular will with Father, and they discuss. Why are people cautious about ditching on faith. Normally there should be a board of trustee that determines ABC and carry the Church and the people along together singularly.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
Anakazo22:

You are not serious,all of you keep wailing and crying,the church is marching on and none of you can stop it,go and complain to your government, you didn't vote for him so let him run the church as God direct.

Yeah your god directed him to build a N160billion ediface that y'all will abandon when Jesus comes. Right. LoL!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by jaxxy(m): 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

Accountability is the principle of Heaven and the truest standard of good stewardship

If a person can't be questioned, they shouldn't manage public service. Period

When people aren't well spiritually trained, you will see the deficiency show in their dealings

Very correct. It’s sad how Christians shun obvious knowledge and follow just anything because it came from a pastor. Can a pastor not err? Or is he God?
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Angelmichael63: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
salford1:

Greatest lie ever. Nigeria is one of the most religious country in the world. Irony is that it is also one of the most corrupt and wicked in the world.
so who is to blame for her corruption

ok you don't want anything to work in this Nation abi? Government is corruption by not doing what is expected of her...

Church is doing what is expected of her and u still complain...

DO U KNOW HOW MANY NIGERIANS ON WINNERS PAYROLL?

PLS GET YOUR FACT RIGHT SIR

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Anakazo22: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vulcanheph:

MY POINT EXACTLY !!!!

You too go far self.
If he shared 160 billion naira with 160,000 people each person will have 1 million naira.... Even if he shared it with 1.6 million people everyone will still have 100 thousand naira which will still go a long way.
What are you saying,how much has your government share to people from the money they make from the oil revenue entitle to us as citizens,na bad Belle dey worry una.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by picklighthouse: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ever8090:
yes.. that is what Jesus would have wanted but remember Christianity of nowadays do not care about Christ but fat bank account...

Don't generalise. What makes you think the Lord Jesus doesn't want this built?

Nigerians often misdirect thier criticism. A Church has two Universities, (Covenant University, and Landmark University), Faith Academy and over 150 Kingdom Heritage Model Schools with none substandard in anyway. Yet they are the target of our criticisms? The Nigerian government that controls our state and national budgets, how have they faired in education?

People working in these institutions are not Congolese they are Nigerians. Imagine the families catered for, lives and living standards enhanced. But for the Church in this Country only God knows where the nation would have been when checking some indices.

Do you know the number of people that fly into the country annually for some of the Churches congresses and programmes? And how that affects aviation, hospitality, commerce, transportation and so on?

I can't wait to see that beautiful edifice completed. And I hope to visit the site one day too. By the way, that structure you see is designed by a Nigerian not a German or Chinese. Another proof these people seems to even believe in Nigeria than our often tongue in cheek government. Who would rather use BMW or Lexus cars than a home built Innosson.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2021
Jirehz:

If you give 10000 youths 1mil( make e be their members sef), you would have saved those souls forever.

Waste of money for me.
So money can save soul? That's not true in anyway. It can aid soul winning but cannot do it like you portraying. Remember the saying "what shall it profit a man to gain the world and lose his soul?"
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BluDesk: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Very correct. It’s sad how Christians shun obvious knowledge and follow just anything because it came from a pastor. Can a pastor not err? Or is he God?

When the daughters of a branch of Joseph's lineage had issues with finances... Wasn't it taken up to Moses.. When Moses couldn't solve it, didn't He take it up to God.

I'm still putting my foot on the ground. If we don't have 5% medical welfare annually 5% academic welfare annually, 5% direct needs welfare annually. With disclosure and open access to gain application without knowing any party, then our systems needs the Light of salvation to put us right.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by LordReed(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2021
spyglaxx:

The contractors have passed through the rigorous stages of apprenticeship to mastery.
They have staffs that will be paid.Their staffs have children that will be fed.
At the end you will still discover that almost 100,000 People will still be paid based on thier skillset and not based on entitlement.

LoL! Who is saying anything about entitlement? Empowering people is way better than paying them a salary. And those contractors or suppliers will not pay their workers what a million naira empowerment will. I repeat 160,000 people empowered will surpass anything those contractors and suppliers will gain or distribute to their workers.

BTW 160,0000 is 10,000 more than the seating capacity of the current auditorium. Think about that.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by CodeTemplar: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

I know many

I know at least one person that died that if there was 1 Million wouldn't have died. If such exists hundreds exist.

We speak about this abnormality in the Christian faith and some people are playing politics with the situation

I know people who have committed 10 years, 15 years, 20 years. Why don't we attend to the needs of such persons. Why?

Yet, some Christians would be defending badly conceived actions. It's not an issue of the world against the church. This isn't right
Stop talking trash. Any money spent by the church is what you always come with a better use for. The contributors of those money and God the commander are OK with the project so keep your advise for those you pay tax to unconditionally.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by Venlony: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

Can you do better than an Ostrich. Shame on you.

The trust God entrusts to me, you can never have in 100 years. Why does God committ much to me. I understand His ways, thoughts, desires, actions and plans

Go on and keep hoarding resources while those who serve your interests die of need

Shameless hypocrite
you emphasize so much on" I" and you curse so easily,this shows you have a psychological issue. Please go and work on your self.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by PotatoSalad(m): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

Bros talk true. With all the millions of churches in Nigeria, are souls being saved?
Una get church pass, una still corrupt pass.
You think people go to these churches to be saved? Na for miracles and "you'll be this, you'll be that" prophecies.
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by BinamRex: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
BluDesk:

I know many

My brother, this is all shades of wrong. Let's call a spade a spade. Someone said we build churches instead of factories, and then go to church to beg God for jobs. If Christianity is the key to prosperity, countries like China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, The UAE etc won't be prosperous because they aren't Christians. Europeans have become nominal Christians, but they still flourish. I am not saying Christianity is bad. As a Christian, I feel tempted to say that Christianity is the best religion because it teaches mercy, faith, love, justice, peace and the need for hard work.

After all the Bible says: faith without work is dead. We can't keep building churches, instead of companies, and then go there to ask God to give us work in companies. It's the height of foolishness. It's about time we stopped being foolish.

Whenever I see poor members of Living Faith church, I feel like flogging them until they come to their senses. Nobody can brainwash me. Never!
Re: Oyedepo’s 100,000-Seater Auditorium ‘The Ark’ To Gulp ₦160 Billion by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bobby4090:

The developed world you want to run to, don’t have such capacity lol, Nigeria will still be underdeveloped years to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God / A Must Read: Abuja Declaration Of 1989 / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.