Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) (41126 Views)

Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / This Is Enugu Agidi, Anambra State / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport Enugu: The Realities, Politics And New Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by jojothaiv(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2021
Mikecold:
Just pray Fulani terrorists don't see those green areas
On a lighter note, that's an important point to note..
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by twinskenny(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2021
owobokiri:
I like Enugu sha..
Thought Awka will follow suit in terms of planning and organisation, but structural development in Awka seems to be going the way of Onitsha..
love driving around at night in Enugu... my favorite city so fat

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by signz: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2021
People are now cutting down the trees sef. I grew up in a part of G.R.A where sun will literally not smite you by day on that road because the trees planted on both sides of the road formed a canopy. Drove pass the street last time i was in Enugu i almost wept.

Enugu State Government and House Of Assembly should pass a law to protect our Trees, criminalizing cutting down trees and if possible pass a law that mandates everybody to plant trees within or outside the compound.

4 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Theevilone(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2021
EzeNri:
Enugu was named the most serene place to raise kids in Nigeria.

Again, stop comparing Enugu was other state capitals. Enugu city is the only city in Nigeria that was designed to be a capital of a country not even Ikeja in Lagos.

Next time compare Aba with other state capitals in Nigeria, not even Onitsha because it will trump and dwarf them.
What’s your point please ?

Regards
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by zudozz: 10:41am On Apr 16, 2021
very beautiful..

A place to be.. A home..

A blessed city!
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Psoul(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2021
ezenwajosh:
Enugu is a rain forest that's all....and I love rain forests

Enugu shares almost the same weather climate with the North.
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Theevilone(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2021
okeyglm:
just 2% of the town. where is greeny area of abakpa, achara layout uwani , obiagu asata ogui. Trans ekulu , new Haven and emene.

Exactly my argument with Enugu people the beautiful places in Enugu is like just like 2 or 5 % of the entire state and the rest are evil forest.

And I keep asking does ENUGU starts and ends in the Enugu town tho the Enugu town is awesome � anyway.

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Theevilone(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Lol see consolation,Enugu is a village where porthacourt is
PH is bigger and richer no doubt but any sane man will knows Enugu is more beautiful no sentiments here.

3 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nedu05: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2021
Theevilone:

PH is bigger and richer no doubt but any sane man will knows Enugu is more beautiful no sentiments here.

Let's stop arguing nonsense. Enugu is like a village compare to PH

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Awoleesu(m): 10:58am On Apr 16, 2021
OP, this is an open invitation to Herdsmen! cheesy

But Ithink Enugu is dope! Should have a rival in Calabar...
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2021
Nedu05:
Enugu is all about propaganda. Visit the town and you would so disappointed. From garriki, Agbani road, emene, abakpa, asata, ogui, obiagu, Ngenevu, ugwuaji, etc.. the town is a mess.

The places you mentioned shows you have never been to Enugu

This is like mentioned european countries and you hear

London, England, france, germany, paris, spain

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nedu05: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2021
Stop living in denial. Is Abakpa not Enugu? Is Obiagu or Ogui or Asata not within the center of Enugu? Is garriki or agbani road not Enugu? Is coal camp not Enugu? Which another Enugu you are talking about? What the op showed is just areas around the government house and it is not up to 02% of Enugu TOWNSHIP

slimthugchimee2:

The places you mentioned shows you have never been to Enugu

This is like mentioned european countries and you hear

London, England, france, germany, paris, spain

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by TruthinAction: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2021
I hope Governor Wike sees this pix. Port Harcourt that once used to be known as Garden City is now a Garbage city under Wike. It is too unclean for my liking. Refuse dump on streets. It shouldn't be.

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by lozanni(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Enugu is okay but Abakpa side is always an eyesore.

I really pray that Enugu will have a governor that will pay attention to Abakpa.

Again NIKE people of Abakpa side need to cooperate

Abakpa was originally a village.
On a certain weekend, back in the days of UNEC, I and a close friend went strolling into town; I was surprised to meet a guy I knew from campus standing in front of a bungalow while combing his hair. I enquired from him about what he was doing there and he told me that the bungalow was his village home; that was when I realized that the place is a developed 'village'.
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Psoul(m): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2021
alizma:
Go to Kogi, Benue and Jos, you will find even better landscape, greener than this

Pictures speak.

Until u show us pictures, that of Enugu remains the most greener State in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Theevilone(m): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2021
louqas:

Ibos christians hated Buhari all through Lent

Ibos christians hated Tinubu all through Lent(in fact Lent month witnesses the highest number of anti Tinubu threads on nairaland

Ibos christians envy YORUBAS all their life

So what's the big deal with hating yall all through ramadan

Sir there is no thing like ibo or ibos tho no one will kill you but just know that there is no such thing ( Igbo) is the word.

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Psoul(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2021
Aaa007:
something that ESN will soon burn grin

ESN do not destroy their vegetation, they destroy those ur terrorists that will come to hide inside the vegetation to unleash mayhem.

Ighotago.

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:19am On Apr 16, 2021
Nedu05:
Stop living in denial. Is Abakpa not Enugu? Is Obiagu or Ogui or Asata not within the center of Enugu? Is garriki or agbani road not Enugu? Is coal camp not Enugu? Which another Enugu you are talking about? What the op showed is just areas around the government house and it is not up to 02% of Enugu TOWNSHIP

Lmao

Mumu

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by lozanni(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2021
Starcrest1:

It's like your head is paining you. This Jos I'm staying or another one.? Jo's that's full of rocks which hinders grass growth and proper planning, abi Markurdi that looks like a village.

Take time o.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Psoul(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

But part of what op showed is the milikin hill which is a forest not even a bush, Enugu that has no water to start with

When u look at a very beautiful child and u don't know how to mock her, you will tell her...Go away from here see her face like that of her mother.

Where does having water or not has bearing to what we are talking about here.
Ok...Enugu has no water and their vegetation are ever-green. That means that they are really doing well.
Your state has water but can't even maintain a single green vegetation.

Biko accept the beauty of the state move on.
You must not find useless faults.

5 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 16, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

They really have problem. I don't know why?
Always living I don't care life.

Even as they are speaker, they cannot push a major development at Abakpa axes.
I even heard they refused Sullivan demolishing structures for development.
Always fighting to sell lands and collect Ogbo na eche agu fee from people.
As in ee, that's all they do. I will not advice even my enemy to purchase land from Nike. Those guys have a crop of lazy youths not ever seen in the whole of Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nedu05: 11:30am On Apr 16, 2021
slimthugchimee2:

Lmao
Mumu

Lmao prove me wrong instead insulting. You think everyone here doesn't know about your enugu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by ukahrawah: 11:37am On Apr 16, 2021
Oh!! I have this special love for Enugu. Truly hope to acquire a retirement property there in the near future. I love the fruits, vegetables, the serene & friendly environment.

Enugu parades many educated and enlightened people.

Most of all, I love its status as the SE HQ.

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by FlipModeSquade(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2021
alizma:
Go to Kogi, Benue and Jos, you will find even better landscape, greener than this
Kogi,Benue and Jos cannot be greener than Enugu..

Who be your Geography Teacher? shocked
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by COMPAQ(m): 12:37pm On Apr 16, 2021
Enugu is a very nice, peaceful town, with good residential areas. It is a classic example of an old regional capital and civil service town, such as Ibadan and Kaduna.

If I were an Easterner, Enugu would probably be my best town to have a country home.

Unfortunately asides, Lagos and maybe Abuja, pretty much all Nigeran cities are not cosmopolitan enough for me. I grew up in Ibadan and I struggle to think what I would find to entertain myself in Ibadan if I moved back there to retire.

5 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
NetValueFX:

As in ee, that's all they do. I will not advice even my enemy to purchase land from Nike. Those guys have a crop of lazy youths not ever seen in the whole of Igbo land.

Some of them will sell 3, 4 or 5 plots of land. Ask him where is the money, okogheribe.
Somebody will be drunk early morning. Na wa
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by BigBizzy(m): 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Enugu get water?
Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Mikecold:
Just pray Fulani terrorists don't see those green areas
ESN waiting for them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by BRATISLAVA: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
raker300:
The natural blending of development and nature is surreal

Pic 3 and 4 form bkayyy

This is one of the most beautifully green states I've visited. The green is just overwhelming. Glad to see someone has noticed and is showing it off.

You guys shouldn't make it like the rest of Nigeria that is mainly concrete.

3 Likes

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by postmann: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
Steve0979:
Mr idiot I equally stay in Enugu 82 div and had also live in Onitsha barracks for more 10 yrs nw,dere is no nook n corner of Igbo land I haven't set my foot on.sincerely,apart Frm DAT gra side dere is not in special abt Enugu capital while d other local government na heavy village same allies to IMO abia only anambra. Try a little and is BC os of Onitsha .u guys hype ur place like it is a different one from d one I am currently serving.talk true d development in DAT jos is way bter Dan did enugu

I wonder what an animal like you is doing outside the confines of your village quarter. 21st century bigoted ogre like you.

Igbos are known for infrastructural development and it shows in the entire South East. Enugu is beautiful in the Nigerian standard.

You can't even get your tenses and punctuations up to minimum accepted standard.

Analphabetic roving vagabond!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Enugu The Greenest City In Nigeria? (pix) by stasius: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
Enugu is okay but Abakpa side is always an eyesore.

I really pray that Enugu will have a governor that will pay attention to Abakpa.

Again NIKE people of Abakpa side need to cooperate

What will the governor do? Pull down the slums in abakpa?
Unless he is ready to build better planned houses for abakpa people, then abakpa will look decent otherwise the slums will still make the place an eyesore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier / Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos) / See Travel Chaos Caused by Drone At Gatwick Airport, Army Called (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.