Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth (2057 Views)

I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance / Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price / Girl Stabs Her Brother To Death In Kano For Stopping Her From Having A Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by GoldenEnudi: 10:58am On Apr 15, 2021
Siblings beat eldest brother to death over Father’s wealth in Imo state.
GoldenNewsNg gathered that the incident happened in Okuku, Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State, on Tuesday, after some siblings allegedly beat their eldest brother, Chinonso Azuatalam, popularly known as Dakwada, to death over a disagreement on the sharing of their late father’s wealth.

Chinonso, a father of two whose wife is pregnant, was allegedly beaten to death in the presence of their maternal uncles in the compound, who came to share the inheritance.

A source in the community, who confided in our correspondent, disclosed that while the deceased, who was a welder, was fighting with his immediate younger brother, Chibuzor, their younger brothers, who are twins, hit Chinonso with a big stick on the back of his head and he lost consciousness.

Chinonso was said to have been rushed to an undisclosed hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The source disclosed that their sister, Chioma Azuatalam, a serving police officer, also allegedly beat up the deceased’s pregnant wife.

According to the source, on getting information that their eldest brother had been pronounced dead, the brothers fled immediately.

According to the source, the sister has been allegedly arrested by the police.

The source said, “Chinonso Azuatalam was the eldest son of the family. He had three younger brothers, Chibuzor and the twin boys. They were having serious issues with the sharing formula of their late father’s wealth.

“While Chinonso was insisting that the properties be shared equally, the three other brothers, Chioma and their mother connived to share them without his consent.

“In accordance with Igbo culture, their maternal relations from Agwa in the Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State were invited. While their uncles presided over a meeting on Tuesday, house, tempers flared.

“The first and second sons started fighting. While the exchange of punches lasted, one of the twins hit the first son with a big stick and he lost consciousness. He was rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

“Their sister, Chioma Azuatalam, who is a police officer, also beat the deceased man’s pregnant wife. The brothers ran away on realising what had happened, but Chioma has been arrested.

“The deceased had two daughters and his wife is heavily pregnant.”

The President-General of the community, Martin Daniel, confirmed the incident on Wednesday.

He said the community was working with the police in ensuring that other casualties would not be recorded.

The community leader added that so far, only the female cop had been arrested over the incident.

The police spokesperson in the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, confirmed that Chioma had been arrested.

He also said one of the siblings, who hit the deceased with a wood, had been apprehended.

Ikeokwu stated, “The deceased picked up a knife and threatened to kill his mother. His sister, who is a police officer, called her two other brothers. They came and a fight ensued and one of them hit him with a wood. He lost consciousness and was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, where he was pronounced dead.

“Their sister, who is a police officer is in police custody. One of the brothers, who hit the deceased with the wood, has also been arrested.”

Read More : https://goldennewsng.com/2021/04/15/siblings-beat-eldest-brother-to-death-over-fathers-wealth/
Credit : Punch

1 Like

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by pk2me: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2021
Evil family
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Anter: 11:07am On Apr 15, 2021
“Their sister, who is a police officer is in police custody. One of the brothers, who hit the deceased with the wood, has also been arrested.”
Now your eye don clear prison awaits you,you for hustle your own hustle anything when dem give you for the inheritance nah topup.
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Rickcutie(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2021
too bad.

Meanwhile get a quick and affordable loan with no collateral requirements. Check my signature.
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Ekejoestar(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2021
From the write up it's clear that their mother is the cause of the whole problem,,, instead of making peace among her children she was instigating violence,,, may we never marry evil girl as a wife that will destabilize our families when we are not around....

3 Likes

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Righteousness2(m): 11:14am On Apr 15, 2021
Fight for vanity has brought about Tears and pains.
Fight for vanity has sent a brother to the Grave.

Folks, Everything we can see here on Earth is Vanity. They have no impact on your Soul in Eternity.if you must Fight for anything on Earth! Fight the Good Fight of Faith!
Fight to Be Born again
Fight for the Salvation of your Soul
Fight to Have your Name in the Book of Life.
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by lilvicky68(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2021
Now they won't be able to get any property na.. unnecessary greed and wickedness..
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 15, 2021
All be mumu. How can u share your dad's property when your mum dey alive? Besides una supposed hustle una own
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Katcall: 11:26am On Apr 15, 2021
This family is finished. I implore the police to do proper investigation into the young man's unfortunate demise. Very sad. May we not be harmed by our family members because of greed.

1 Like

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Aaa007: 11:49am On Apr 15, 2021
this can only happen in the east grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by chiiraq802(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2021
Aaa007:
this can only happen in the east grin

Hon. Nairalander.... Off the Mic! Off the Mic!! Sir grin

This table you're Shaking

1 Like

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Kestolove(m): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2021
I know it can only happen in south east....people with greed and full of hatred for each other...Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Exmilitant(m): 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2021
I know people will side and sympathise with the dead man. But most firstborn sons are too greedy and selfcentered.... Talking from experience.
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Blackfire(m): 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
touch me... loose ya life
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by folabayo(f): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
Bad blood among the siblings.

1 Like

Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Acidiously: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2021
Exmilitant:
I know people will side and sympathise with the dead man. But most firstborn sons are too greedy and selfcentered.... Talking from experience.
Yes they can be, just like I'm presently experiencing. But in this case, the eldest actually wanted fair sharing
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Exmilitant(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2021
Acidiously:

Yes they can be, just like I'm presently experiencing. But in this case, the eldest actually wanted fair sharing
i don't think his death would have occured if he wanted to be fair. And another likely reason might be he had shied away from responsibilities (like, taking care of his sick father) only to come claim properties after the man's death. Like my elder brother did.
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Twelfthman: 5:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
Pathetic.
I'm so baffled by this sad news I can't even keep a straight face !
Rest in peace man..
For the rest of them evil brothers.
You can only run but can't hide. The blood on your hands follows u everywhere you go and it will continue to bite hard your conscience

For those people that believe in reincarnation. This man pregnant wife will likely give birth to a boy. The man will reincarnate. In Yorubaland such children will be named Babatunde for BOYS Iyabo for GIRLS
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by Gosj001: 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2021
This is bad!

My signature speaks volume
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by pepperdemzombie: 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
The same one will call people's land, no man's land but will kill for theirs.
Re: Siblings Beat Eldest Brother To Death Over Father’s Wealth by pepperdemzombie: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
Exmilitant:
In some cases, the eldest use to be a baby mama's son that is bearing heir father's name. So, the biological ones will feel cheated.
Linda's brother was calculating the Banana Island home already when Linda brought audio engagement.
Do you think he and Linda's son will not still clash later in life about inheritance if Jeremy doesn't claim him?

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Nigerian Woman Nabbed For Shoplifting In US (PICTURED) / How Benue’s Most Wanted Man, Terwase Akwaza Narrowly Escaped Police Arrest / Please Help Ooooo (new scamming method in town?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.