Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? (1026 Views)

2023: Jonathan Shouldn't Mess Up His Good Name By Contesting - Idahosa / How Lady Lured Nnamdi Kanu From London To A South American Country - VANGUARD / Nigerians Don't Like Each Other - A South African Writes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 15, 2021
What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic?

Assuming Nigeria casts and the nationalities of the South South Region organize themselves into a new country, what will be a suitable name for such a republic? Niger Delta Republic seem lame. The word Niger itself is foreign as that is not the name the local people called the river. Biafra was named after the Bight of Biafra and Yorubas have chosen Yoruba Nation as a likely name. The only other Bight in the neighborhood is the Bight of Benin but some neighbor already appropriated Republic of Benin.

So what will be a great name to call a country that in essence will be made up of a coalition of minorities of the people of the Bight of Benin/Niger Delta region of Nigeria? Lets hear it from Niger Deltans. What would you want your new nation to be called?
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Conrod: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
I think DOKUBONISTAN will be appropriate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2021
Try Republic of Babel!

2 Likes

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by duro4chang(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Tompolo it Ateke.
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2021
They wont any south south republic.
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by BluDesk: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2021
RONDEL... Republic Of Niger Delta

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
United Republic of Developers ! ( URD )

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
Igbos forever fooling themselves as usual. The OP called on Niger Deltans, not Igbos. Let’s call it Delta Republic and we will be called Deltans. We can change the state Delta to something else.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
Exclude Anioma from it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by McJane(f): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2021
kmcutez:
Igbos forever fooling themselves as usual. The OP called on Niger Deltans, not Igbos.

Skull miners, you basically live and feed on Igbos!!

Get a life.

9 Likes

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
McJane:

Skull miners, you basically live and feed on Igbos!!

Get a life.

Looks like you are a girl IPOB.

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Emperormartin(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
Conrod:
Hahahaha...my chest pls

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:
Exclude Anioma from it.
Everyone will have a choice in a referendum. I suspect the result of the free choice of Anioma people will disappoint you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by SlayerForever: 2:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
Vice Republic. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by SlayerForever: 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2021
Conrod:

3 Likes

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by NigeriaIsZOO: 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
Babel republic grin
Don't thank me undecided

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Akudaisi: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2021
Ogogoro and cultists Republic grin
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2021
[[s]quote author=jerseyboy post=100817965] Everyone will have a choice in a referendum. I suspect the result of the free choice of Anioma people will disappoint you.[/quote][/s]

Lol keep fooling yourself, better limit your Niger Delta with 8 local government of bayelsa state.

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by MrSamsung(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2021
All this thread here and there about Niger Delta in relation to Nigeria's disintegration, is done just to scare them away from supporting the dividing of Nigeria or joining their neighbors(igbos) in building an envious country.

And it is being carried out by a particular tribe who knows they stand to lose greatly if Nigeria divides. Not even the North.

You want to know the tribe? Time shall tell.

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by garfield1: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2021
MrSamsung:
All this thread here and there about Niger Delta in relation to Nigeria's disintegration, is done just to scare them away from supporting the dividing of Nigeria or joining their neighbors(igbos) in building an envious country.

And it is being carried out by a particular tribe who knows they stand to lose greatly if Nigeria divides. Not even the North.

You want to know the tribe? Time shall tell.

What is your problem? Why can't you igbos go on your own and leave Niger delta alone

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by hedonido: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2021
South South Republic? With over what, 50 ethnicities? They have nothing in common.... no unifying language, creed or culture. I'm not sure you will find a unifying term such as Biafra or Oduduwa or Arewa.

It is a disorganised and chaotic assemblage of disparate peoples, mostly of uncertain or disputed heritage. So indeed, finding a befitting name for that country would be challenging. That said, I think their interests are best served as components of Nigeria or a prospective Republic of Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by MrSamsung(m): 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2021
garfield1:

What is your problem? Why can't you igbos go on your own and leave Niger delta alone

What is your problem too

Why can't you Yorubas stop putting mouth on Niger Delta issue and leave them to their fate sad

Let them be the ones to decide whether to go with igbos or form a separate country of thiers.

Why are you expending much energy in talking about the future of Niger Delta rather than Oduduwa?

What is wrong with you guys

1 Like

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Okpotokpo: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2021
Conrod:
grin
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Conrod: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
garfield1:

Niger delta without igbos is more like extracting all the water from an ice block and expect much to be left.
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by garfield1: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2021
Conrod:
Niger delta without igbos is more like extracting all the water from an ice block and expect much to be left.

Oga,we Niger deltans want nothing with Biafra.stay on your on and we stay on ours.you can take the igbotic parts of rivers and delta,we don't care

2 Likes

Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by garfield1: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2021
MrSamsung:

What is your problem too

Why can't you Yorubas stop putting mouth on Niger Delta issue and leave them to their fate sad

Let them be the ones to decide whether to go with igbos or form a separate country of thiers.

Why are you expending much energy in talking about the future of Niger Delta rather than Oduduwa?

What is wrong with you guys
What is wrong with you igbos? Anybody that disagrees with you guys,you tag them yorubas.check all the Biafra thread on nairaland,Facebook and twitter,majority of nigerdeltans don't want Biafra.mind you business.by the way,why not go through my profile and see whether am Yoruba or not.rubbish.
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by Amanyanabo(m): 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2021
hedonido:
South South Republic? With over what, 50 ethnicities? They have nothing in common.... no unifying language, creed or culture. I'm not sure you will find a unifying term such as Biafra or Oduduwa or Arewa.

It is a disorganised and chaotic assemblage of disparate peoples, mostly of uncertain or disputed heritage. So indeed, finding a befitting name for that country would be challenging. That said it think their interests are best served as components of Nigeria or a prospective Republic of Southern Nigeria.
All I can say is lol
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by KingOKON: 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2021
jerseyboy:
What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic?

Assuming Nigeria casts and the nationalities of the South South Region organize themselves into a new country, what will be a suitable name for such a republic? Niger Delta Republic seem lame. The word Niger itself is foreign as that is not the name the local people called the river. Biafra was named after the Bight of Biafra and Yorubas have chosen Yoruba Nation as a likely name. The only other Bight in the neighborhood is the Bight of Benin but some neighbor already appropriated Republic of Benin.

So what will be a great name to call a country that in essence will be made up of a coalition of minorities of the people of the Bight of Benin/Niger Delta region of Nigeria? Lets hear it from Niger Deltans. What would you want your new nation to be called?

Why cry more than the bereaved, you can be lousy lots you know
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by MrSamsung(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2021
garfield1:

What is wrong with you igbos? Anybody that disagrees with you guys,you tag them yorubas.check all the Biafra thread on nairaland,Facebook and twitter,majority of nigerdeltans don't want Biafra.mind you business.by the way,why not go through my profile and see whether am Yoruba or not.rubbish.

Then who are you? Impostor? Opinion leader

By the way do you know where I come from and what MANY not ALL of my people want.

Go and sit down man.

By the way are you not one of the chronic and moronic supporters of this regime? No wonder you and your goons are jittery about Niger delta going with igbos or Nigeria dividing.

Don't quote me again I take God beg you because I don't roll with your kinds and forgive me for even quoting you in the first place because I forgot who you are.

Abeg don't quote me embarassed
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by nazicartel(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
what is South South republic?.... You want to create another Nigeria there, where someone will also say he's an Urhobo man and I'm an Ijaw, therefore we don't have any business......
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by uBuNiT: 7:46am On Apr 16, 2021
garfield1:

Oga,we Niger deltans want nothing with Biafra.stay on your on and we stay on ours.you can take the igbotic parts of rivers and delta,we don't care

mugu
Re: What Will Be A Good Name For A South South Republic? by EzeNri(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2021
So, ND Republic don taya una?
Izon Republic
Good luck as long as you don't attempt grabbing any Igbo land.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viral Video Of Young Girls In Their School Uniform Smoking Shisha Inside A Room / Is PDP A Terrorists Party? / Tony Okoroji; The Man Who Lived In Biafra Lectures Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.