Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Harry Redknapp Rejects Replacing Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Harry Redknapp Rejects Replacing Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti (514 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti Appointed As Real Madrid Manager / QPR Sack Mark Hughes & Appoint Harry Redknapp / Harry Redknapp Claimed Kanu Was 49 Years Old In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Harry Redknapp Rejects Replacing Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti by soloheater(m): 8:21am On Apr 20, 2011
[b][/b]Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has rubbished reports linking him with a move to Chelsea.

Many have speculated that Carlo Ancelotti could be headed for the exit door at the end of the season, after having been unable to guide the Blues to a trophy this campaign, with Redknapp linked with a move across London to as a potential successor.

However, he told the The Mirror: "I don't take a lot of notice. I just get on with it. It's speculation.

"I've never spoken to anyone from Chelsea. No-one's come to me and said that Chelsea are interested in me or anything else.

"I've got a job to do here. I love it here. I'm happy here."

The Spurs boss also believes that his side is only "one or two additions" away from competing to win the Premier League.

"I keep saying, this club isn't that far away - if they want to push on - from winning the championship," Redknapp said.

"You can't stand still. It means improving. Better players make you a better team. With one or two additions, I think we can go on and push for the title."

The ex-West Ham United boss believes that spending will be essential over the summer if the side are to remain successful.

He continued: "Everyone will go at it in the summer. Arsenal will. Liverpool will - Liverpool are going to be a team to be reckoned with next year.

"They've been out of the Champions League, but I don't see that happening again after next season. With Kenny Dalglish there, I think they'll have a real go for it.

"If you want to be a top club, you need top players. There's no other way of doing it. There's no magic formula."

But Redknapp is faced with the more immediate task of guiding his charges to the top four, having done so at the expense of Manchester City last season.

Now, the former Portsmouth boss has to deal with a north London derby at White Hart Lane on Wednesday, with his side three points behind fourth-placed City with a game in hand.

"We've played more games than they [Arsenal] have lately - we've been playing in the Champions League," Redknapp said, with Spurs having played in the quarter-finals while the Gunners crashed out of the last 16 of the European competition.

http://soccerfiester..com/2011/04/harry-redknapp-rejects-replacing.html

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Warns Of Grave Consequencies If: / Barca Set Sights On Bielsa As Exhausted Guardiola Discloses Desire To Step Down / AVB Looks Forward To Spurs Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.