Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital (602 Views)

General Hospital Ifako Ijaiye Commences Use Of Electronic Medical Records / Get Free Electronic Medical Record Software. / 5 Best Electronic Mosquito Killer Lights In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital by wavefly(m): 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2021
The Best EMR Software
Want to jump straight to the answer? The best electronic medical record software is ClinicPlus. Read on to find out why.
No matter the size of your hospital/clinic, operating with paperwork can be crazy without electronic medical records (EMR) software, let take, for instance, you have to consult more than 10 patients in a day using paperwork, that can lead to lots of headache and pain for you especially when you spent an hour looking for patient records.

So in this post, I will be showing you the best and most affordable electronic medical record (EMR) software in Nigeria and abroad on why you need EMR software, the advantage of EMR software, and its features. If you know anything about EMR Software, you want to watch this video.
https://youtu.be/0ahhArzTjW8

But, why do you need to care for the best electronic medical record software?
Having digital, searchable, and regularly accessible information about each patient can helps medical professionals make the best healthcare decisions for their patients in the shortest amount of time possible.

Protecting this sensitive data is important too, and the best EMR systems keep data safe while making it easily accessible to the people who need it. Proper documentation leads to a more efficient billing system and reduced time spent on paperwork as well.
Here is our collection of the best EMR software currently on the market, as we aim to help you find the right software to manage your hospital/clinic.

The 6 best EMR Software are:
CliniquePlus
AdvancedMD
Athena Health
CareCloud
Greenway Health Intergy
NextGen Healthcare

CLINIQUESPLUS
CliniquePlus is a modern & robust Electronic Medical Record Software for any kind of Clinic or Hospital. It manages & automates your clinical and administrative processes in just a click. Whether you need basic or advanced features in your EMR, ClinicPlus got you covered. It is versatile enough to fit the needs of your hospital, no matter your hospital size. See the demo and how to get started below.

Pros
Detailed scheduling interface
Versatile EMR for multiple sizes of practices
Plenty of customizable features
Excellent prescription tracking capability
Very competitive pricing
Highly customizable EMR system
Front Office Management
OPD/IPD Management
Pharmacy/Inventory

Cons
Requires some time to learn to use it efficiently

AdvancedMD
Just like ClinicPlus, whether you need basic or advanced features in your EMR, AdvancedMD got you covered.

The primary dashboard available through AdvancedMD does require some work to learn to use well, but once you figure this system out, you’ll be able to do some impressive things to help your hospital/clinic operate more efficiently.

Pros
Detailed scheduling interface
Versatile EMR for multiple sizes of practices
Plenty of customizable features
Excellent prescription tracking capability

Cons
Requires some time to learn to use it efficiently
Price is a little higher than some other

Athena Health
This a web-based electronic medical record(EMR) software for small and average-sized hospitals/clinics with an easy-to-use EMR system,

If you don’t have the time or personnel required to do a deep drill down into a complex piece of software. The AthenaHealth EMR fits this need. It’s fully web-based, so it will work for the practice where personnel uses a variety of types of input devices.

Pros
Web-based EMR software compatible with various kinds of devices
Good customer service
Extremely easy to learn to use
Scheduling features are easy to sort and customize

Cons
Not recommended for large-sized hospital/clinic
Because it’s web-based, your data may not be secured

CareCloud
The CareCloud is also a web-based electronic medical records software that gives you the ability to determine how the patient flows through your hospital/clinic. This helps spot potential issues, making your processes more efficient in the process.

The interface is highly adaptable too. That’s perfect for the ever-changing world of laws and regulations.

Pros
Strong at tracking patient flow
Very competitive pricing
The up-to-date interface is easy to use
Regularly tweaked to match new healthcare regulations

Cons
Not recommended for large-sized hospital/clinic

Greenway Health Intergy
Greenway Health’s Intergy EMR software is a highly customizable system. which makes it perfect for large medical practices that handle a range of cases and patients.

It may take you a while to figure out all of the different aspects of the software, but it’s definitely worth the time spent.

Pros
Highly customizable EMR system
Nice collection of shortcuts to streamline work
Outstanding customer service and training options
Reasonable pricing tiers

Cons
It Will take some time to learn all of the custom options

NextGen Healthcare
NextGen is recommended for average and smaller-sized hospitals/clinics.
NextGen EMR software is extremely easy to use, you don’t need a tech staff for training and other services, the NextGen customer service and training capabilities are very active.

NextGen EMR is also very customizable. You’ll be able to customize their service to your hospital/clinic’s exact needs and specifications.

Pros
The system is easy to start using
Offers multiple customization options
Excellent customer service and training
Offers low priced tiers

Cons
Not powerful enough for large practices

How to Choose The Best EMR System For Your Hospital/Clinic
Finding the best electronic medical records (EMR) software for your hospital/clinic becomes easier when you focus on the specific needs of your practice. Try to figure out the areas of your hospital that need the most help, and focus on an EMR system that shines in those areas.

Here are 10 of the measures we estimated when creating our list of the best EMR systems.

Automatic Reminders
The biggest part of managing a patient’s care is maintaining a regular schedule of appointments. With some EMR systems, you can set up an automatic reminder system that alerts the patient about upcoming appointments. The EMR system could send a text message, make an automated call, or send an email to the patient, depending on the patient’s preference.
Automatic reminders will save time for the staff at the hospital/clinic, freeing them up for other tasks. These reminders also reduce the number of appointments that patients forget about and miss, which makes your hospital more productive.

Sending Prescriptions
In some of the powerful EMR systems like Cliniqueplus, you will have the option of sending patient prescription drug orders electronically to the pharmacy, using an e-prescription system.
Sending prescriptions electronically is secure and effective, ensuring that the order for controlled substances travels only to the patient’s pharmacy of choice, reducing the chance of the patient losing a handwritten prescription.
With an e-prescription, you can also reduce the chance of an error at the pharmacy because of unreadable handwriting on the part of a doctor.

Scanning Documents
In most of the EMR software listed about like AdvancedMD & CliniquesPlus, there is an option for document scanning, you will be able to match whatever needs your billing system requires for supporting documentation for cases.
Preferably submitting these documents via fax, printout, or email, you can also digitize them and add them to the patient’s record.

Systems Integration
If your EMR system can integrate with multiple systems already in use at your practice, this streamlines record keeping.
This feature is especially important for meshing the EMR system with the billing system you have in place, for example. Whether your practice sends its billing information to an outside service or does billing in-house, having integration between the EMR system and the billing system saves quite a bit of time and reduces coding errors.
Should your practice have an affiliation with a larger network, such as a hospital, integrating your EMR with the hospital’s system simplifies the patient care process. The EMR vendor can help you figure out how its system may be able to integrate with other systems you already have in place.

Task Reminders
Every medical practice has hundreds, if not thousands, of mundane tasks to perform daily. Whether you’re awaiting results from tests sent to an off-site lab or you need reminders to check with other colleagues about a patient’s status, certain EMR software makes this process far easier than others.
With timestamp deadlines attached to the various reminders, a doctor can be certain to have all of the required tasks finished regarding a certain patient’s case before it’s time for the patient’s appointment. With the tasks finished ahead of time, the doctor will not waste time searching for information or making calls while the patient sits idle in the consultation room.

Tracking Patient Progress
Something that you may not think about when comparing EMR software is the way they can track patients flow.
For example, you don’t want patients occupying a consultation room waiting for a certain doctor, when that doctor cannot see the patient for at least 45 minutes, leaving other patients stuck in the consultation room, rather than being in a consultation room, receiving treatment from other doctors.

Summary: Finding the Best EMR Software
You might find some vendors use the terms EMR and EHR (electronic health records) interchangeably, they technically have a few differences that you should understand.
Both EMR and EHR are digital records of patient health records. An EMR is best explained as a digital version of a patient’s chart. By variation, an EHR contains the patient’s records from multiple doctors and gives more insight into a patient’s health. You can read more about the comparison here.

The EMR software simplifies the ability of the hospital/clinic to care for the patient, helping to send out reminders to the patient for upcoming tests or health screenings. Finding just the right EMR system will produce significant benefits for patients and for those working in your hospital, making the process of caring for patients more smooth and more successful in the long run.

Re: 6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital by OlADIPU: 2:39pm On Jan 20, 2023
AjirMed, I can assure you, is a modern EMR that has what an hospital needs to save time and money. I want to show you the inside of this EMR so you can appreciate how work processes are customized and computerized for effective care coordination. If you want it you will need to go to www.ajirmed.com and subscribe for the ajirmed demo. Also remember to verify your account or contact admin for help.
I will mention five and save the remaining for another day.

https://youtube.com/shorts/oHYHU3ZJlyE?feature=share

1. Viruses
If you are worried about losing your work in case of virus attack you should look for EMR that is safe no matter what happens to your devices. Go for EMR that is cloud based and encrypted with digital signature. AjirMed EMR has this feature.

2. Too much click
After you subscribed to an EMR, if you have to spend all your time clicking this and that you will soon run out of gas. May be you are tired of your EMR for its annoying clicks or you are choosing for the first time, AjirMed has features to enable you achieve you treatment routine with less clicks. Subscribe for its demo on www.ajirmed.com and check see it on treatment page.

3. Multiple Tarrif
You are made too comply to one singular tariff by a software. Your staff are wasting a lot of time to reconcile patient claim form because of tariff variation that your EMR does not understand. You belief there should be a solution, but no one has come from the vendor. If this will drag you behind in the use of EMR as other hospitals are enjoying their, consider AjirMed.

4. Multiple modules and usage restrictions
You subscribed to an EMR and you access to the good features of the EMR is limited based on your plan. Some modules are kept away from you because you have not parted with enough cash. You felt angry and powerless. There is a solution for you. Ajirmed activates all features for you from the word go. You can pay later and start using today. There is no limit to the number of patients and staff you can register. It is that simple. Check the website and sign up for a demo. Once you pay, all you see is what you get. Unlimited access.

5. Automatic Reminders
You need an EMR that can help you automatically send appointment reminders, debtor sms, birthday SMS to patient and reminders for procedure, AjirMed is the end of your search. Do you consider how your patient felt when they received such and their evaluation of your facility? They felt your concerns for them. Automate your commitment to your patients with AjirMed.
I can mention at least two well-known EMR I have used and abandoned because they do not work for me. One will not activate the necessary modules I needed except I part away with extra budget. In fact one EMR was introduced to me by a fellow doctor. It was complex, hard to navigate, and not meant for our processes here in the country. But before I finally gave up , I did something that eventually yielded result. I sleepless combed on google searches for EMR page over pages. When I discovered AjirMed the rest is history. It solved all my woes. It was exactly what I can use and it has since been an aid to me to coordinate care in my hospital. I have introduced it to other facilities, including where I worked before. I have no regrets. I do not want to tell you all the secrets. Just call them. Thanks.
Re: 6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital by OlADIPU: 5:49pm On May 08, 2023
We help full-time hospitals acquire their Electronic Medical Records (EMR), support the revenue cycle, and grow their medical practices despite the challenges Nigeria medical businesses face.

Re: 6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital by OlADIPU: 10:32am On May 21, 2023
Re: 6 Best Electronic Medical Record Software (EMR) For Nigeria Hospital by ARandomDude: 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ksatria Medical Systems (KMS) is a relatively new EMR system that people might want to consider. It's not got a massive brand or big name behind it but it's pretty much designed for developing countries like Nigeria, so it's fairly low cost and simple to get used to.

It has a fairly large focus on data security so you won't have to worry about data leaks.

It has a fair amount of customisation and custom configuration options and lets you keep track of your stocks as well. Pretty nifty for keeping costs down actually.

If you're interested in it then the website will describe it much better than I can https://www.ksatria.io/en/ , it's just something to consider if you are looking for an EMR system specifically for Nigeria or areas like it.

(1) (Reply)

The Effect Of Egusi Soup On People Who Have Blood Pressure / Eating Healthy On The Run / Solution To That Health Desease You V Been Battling With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.