Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Reflection 106: Sleeping In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reflection 106: Sleeping In Christ (115 Views)

Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman / Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos) / How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reflection 106: Sleeping In Christ by MyCatholicLife: 6:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
Daily Reflections on Divine Mercy
365 Days with Saint Faustina

Each night, as you go to sleep, you are invited to sleep in the grace and Mercy of our Lord. You are invited to rest in His arms so as to be rejuvenated and refreshed. Sleep is an image of prayer and, in fact, can become a form of prayer. To rest is to rest in God. Every beat of your heart must become a prayer to God and every beat of His Heart must become the rhythm of your rest (See Diary #486).

Do you sleep in the presence of God? Think about it. When you retire to bed, do you pray? Do you ask our Lord to surround you with His grace and to embrace you with His gentle arms? God has spoken to the saints of old through their dreams. He has put holy men and women into a deep rest so as to restore them and strengthen them. Try to invite our Lord into your mind and heart as you lay your head down to sleep, this night. And as you wake, let Him be the first one whom you greet. Allow each night’s rest to be a resting in His Divine Mercy.

Lord, I thank You for the rhythm of each day. I thank You for the ways You walk with me throughout my day and I thank You for being with me while I rest. I offer to You, this night, my rest and my dreams. I invite You to hold me close to You, that Your Heart of Mercy may be the gentle sound which soothes my weary soul. Jesus, I trust in You.

[url=https://www.spreaker.com/episode/43757332?utm_medium=widget&utm_term=episode_title&utm_source=user%3A10697550]Click to Listen![/url]

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:friday April 16, 2021 / Turn Your Loss Into Gain (3) / Dara P.O.D - Not By Might

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.